DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Seems like every advertiser and his dog will be boycotting facebook for July.

Some claim it is a shakedown to get cheaper advertising rates

Others say that during the Presidential bid it is too expensive to use Facebook anyone.

There are claims that it will make no difference to the bottom line of these firms anyway as Facebook ads don't really work for their products.

The firms claim that Facebook is not aligned with their values: Coke - flogging sugary water to make American's obese or Levis: exploiting third world labour to make shoddy clothing for westerners. I'd have thought they were ideal bedfellows myself.

Edited by Dave Bloke
2 minutes ago, Dave Bloke said:

Others say that during the Presidential bid it is too expensive to use Facebook anyone.

There are claims that it will make no difference to the bottom line of these firms anyway as Facebook ads don't really work for their products.

The firms claim that Facebook is not aligned with their values: Coke - flogging sugary water to make American's obese or Levis: exploiting third world labour to make shoddy clothing for westerners. I'd have thought they were ideal bedfellows myself.

Or being really lucky with the way that trade union agitators in their 3rd world operations keep just getting murdered.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinaltrainal_v._Coca-Cola_Co.

7 minutes ago, Dave Bloke said:

Maybe they are just not hitting the target audience anymore, and it IS all about advertising.

Things can go out of fashion so quickly.

12 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Maybe they are just not hitting the target audience anymore, and it IS all about advertising.

Things can go out of fashion so quickly.

Indeed Sooty.

You, Basil Brush, and Rod Hull's "Emu" are constant reminders of that to us all.

Having a man's arm up your arse is so 1970s...

XYY

1 hour ago, Dave Bloke said:

Who cares. It’s all going to hell in a handcart. We are seeing the death throws of the first world, a once civilised society.  Let it burn. Let it all fucking burn. Something better will rise from the ashes. Or not.  No more fucks to give.   

1 minute ago, One percent said:

Who cares. It’s all going to hell in a handcart. We are seeing the death throws of the first world, a once civilised society.  Let it burn. Let it all fucking burn. Something better will rise from the ashes. Or not.  No more fucks to give.   

I find learning an instrument quite good fun. I llike hobbies. I't time for yours. Pegging. Keeps you occupied.