DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

2 minutes ago, ad_ceng said:

None of the above, but we might have tagged pretty much everyone who died as covid, the figures are bollocks it will take years to know the full impact and I suspect it will be a lot less than they claim at the moment.

The world has lost its fucking mind

I  would love to know how the figures were "massaged". I expect a lot of it boils down to having a lot of old people.

21 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I  would love to know how the figures were "massaged". I expect a lot of it boils down to having a lot of old people.

I think it was just plain laziness, easier to tag it as covid, social media is full of cases of people arguing that covid was not the cause of death on things like cancer or accidents. 

Only 1600 people apparently have covid alone as the cause of death 

1 hour ago, Green Devil said:

https://www.businessinsider.com/uk-has-highest-coronavirus-death-rate-in-the-world-2020-5?r=US&IR=T

Worst death rate in the world, do we have the most incompetent leaders, the worst healthcase or the most misbehaved population?

We have some of the best public data gathering and statistic analysis in the world (legacy of the Empire).

We also tend to stick to the rules so will report the data "to the best of our knowledge" when worldwide no one does (i.e. they doctor the data, China of course being a sad joke, 5K Covid deaths out of population of ~1.4B my arse) so we will look bad in comparison.

The lazy reporting and lack of critical analysis grates me no end when comparisons are made with other countries esp. the Med ones that are barely functional states even at the best of times.

12 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

1. Many fatties.

2. Many diabetics. (see 1, 3 and 4)

3. Many darker-skinned immigrants. (see 2 and 5)

4. Poor exercise infrastructure.

5. Poor climate low in sun exposure hence low Vitamin D.

6. Lots of old people maintained by constant medical intervention who have lived way beyond their natural lifespan. If in care homes, see 1, 2, 4 and 5.

7. Brits like to drink and mingle and are notoriously undisciplined while doing it.

It ain't rocket science.

When I saw you had numbers in brackets (obviously relating back to the points) I initially thought it was some sort of point system to add up at the end.

Anyway same result I think...a lot of negative factors added up are reason enough to show why it's likely to be higher here than elsewhere.

19 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

1. Many fatties.

6. Lots of old people maintained by constant medical intervention who have lived way beyond their natural lifespan. If in care homes, see 1, 2, 4 and 5.

7. Brits like to drink and mingle and are notoriously undisciplined while doing it.

It ain't rocket science.

Haha, its the perfect storm !

2 hours ago, ad_ceng said:

I think it was just plain laziness, easier to tag it as covid, social media is full of cases of people arguing that covid was not the cause of death on things like cancer or accidents. 

Only 1600 people apparently have covid alone as the cause of death 

1 hour ago, t_v 🏅 said:

We have some of the best public data gathering and statistic analysis in the world (legacy of the Empire).

We also tend to stick to the rules so will report the data "to the best of our knowledge" when worldwide no one does (i.e. they doctor the data, China of course being a sad joke, 5K Covid deaths out of population of ~1.4B my arse) so we will look bad in comparison.

The lazy reporting and lack of critical analysis grates me no end when comparisons are made with other countries esp. the Med ones that are barely functional states even at the best of times.

Both spot on

This from the article kind of undermines their own thesis 

The UK has the second-highest total excess death count since March — behind only the US — and the highest death rate when adjusted for population.

er, we don't even have a clue what the population is. It’s significantly higher than the government data states.  

1 hour ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

1. Many fatties.

It ain't rocket science.

A good list, you can add densely populated

Everything is crowded, urban living, malls, pubs, etc

7 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

1. Many fatties.

It ain't rocket science.

So, in summary. 

9 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

1. Many fatties.

8. population density

9. language/culture issues due to immigration - don't understand the rules, don't want to understand the rules

10.  poor housing stock.  Increasingly smaller gardens, small windows - bad for health

11. air pollution.  my lungs were fucked by being in London for years.

It ain't rocket science.

added a few

2 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Multi generational housing.

Apparently families living together is the fault of the white man for not providing them palatial mansions suitable for families to spread out enough.

Meanwhile, hard working young professionals, who are actually paying taxes cannot afford to get on the housing ladder and no access to social housing if they don’t have kids. 
keep screwing the productive to pay for the unproductive and things will go south very quickly. 

No worries - on bbc radio yesterday afternoon Bailey of the BoE was quoted as giving Forward Guidance that there will be a rapid recovery. 

It will be a V shaped recovery no less. 

However we already know that when it comes to Forward Guidance and the likes of the BoE words can mean whatever they want them to mean.  A "V" shaped recovery clearly means an "L" shaped "recovery" at best and it's good that he's let everyone know that.

On 30/06/2020 at 15:59, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

1. Many fatties.

It ain't rocket science.

Good list..

You can add poor personal hygiene to that too. The amount of people I've seen at work who don't wash their hands after going to the toilet...

6 hours ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Fucking retarded government actions saw the U.K. shield the healthy population and totally fail to shield the care homes which is where the vulnerable are. 

It was at least partly deliberate I think, by late March when lockdown was announced the government already knew they had fucked up as they were seeing thousands of cases per day in elderly people in care homes so they came out screeching at 20something sunbathers and people sitting on park benches in order to try to pass the blame onto them.