Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

How's the excess mortality looking?


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, jm51 said:

If there have been recent posts on this, I've missed them.

How many UK dead this year compared to the 5 /10 year average?

Is there a site for those numbers?

The numbers released today show that we are back in line with the weekly 5y average (numbers up until 19/06).

In total since mid-March there have been ~65K excess deaths compared to the 5y average (again for numbers up until 19/06).

The ONS weekly data are here.

Edited by t_v 🏅
Typo and link
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, jm51 said:

65k excess deaths is about 4 flu seasons.

Doesn't seem that bad considering that it's a new virus.  

 

I suspect a good percentage of the 65k were due to not having access to medical treatment for 3 months 

In fact i`m sure they were reporting excess non covid deaths at one point and they were running at 2-3k per week at one point

Edited by Long time lurking
Link to post
Share on other sites

ahh, this is good timing cos I'm just looking at this farce of a virus that hardly killed anyone :wanker:

Right so in Germany it only got 0.01% of the population

and in the UK, where they reported choking on a sherbert flake as dying of CV it managed to kill a massive 0.06%

Wey hey we beat the Germans again by a large majority :Old:

Fucking farce I'm never watching the news again, we're all brainwashed muppets, running scared cos the government and it's media shills likes to control your lives, shameful....

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ccc said:

https://deathstats.org/

Probably deaths brought forward a few months / weeks mainly of people who were dying anyway. 

Not great but hardly a reason to completely fuck up the country and kill loads of other people due to the NHS ignoring almost everything for three months. 

Could be but there was a study that came up with a figure of average 10 year reduction in lifetime across the board, adjusted for co-morbidities etc.

That is a heck of a long way out to be wrong when specifically looking to measure that factor.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

I suspect a good percentage of the 65k were due to not having access to medical treatment for 3 months 

In fact i`m sure they were reporting excess non covid deaths at one point and they were running at 2-3k per week at one point

lower cancer survival rates are baked in now, up to 30K fewer cancer diagnosis per week was being quoted. These patients will present at some point at a later stage, just when the NHS is trying to catch-up with it's existing backlog of known cases. A double hit to survival rates for at least a year I think, and that's assuming no 2nd wave lockdown.

Edited by snaga
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, snaga said:

lower cancer survival rates are baked in now, up to 30K fewer cancer diagnosis per week was being quoted. These patients will present at some point at a later stage, just when the NHS is trying to catch-up with it's existing backlog of known cases. A double hit to survival rates for at least a year I think, and that's assuming no 2nd wave lockdown.

Tells you all you need to know

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ccc said:

Treated ? O.o

Just chuck them in a care home for a few weeks. Sorted !! Problem removed. :Old:

seriously, it's likely to be care hostels for those with <50% survival chance if treated? need to prioritise those most likely to survive.

There's only so many cancer surgeons and radiologists, no matter how many beds they throw at the problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, snaga said:

seriously, it's likely to be care hostels for those with <50% survival chance if treated? need to prioritise those most likely to survive.

There's only so many cancer surgeons and radiologists, no matter how many beds they throw at the problem.

The two i heard of during lockdown through pals were just sent home to die. 

Now I'm not overly against that idea in general. Must be better than sitting in some hospital or hospice. 

But they didn't have any choice.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...