DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-announces-third-first-22277434

Boris Johnson announces a third off for first time buyers

Developers will be putting their proces up 40%

Holy fuck are these people stupid, evil, naive or psychopaths? 

Im done. Goodbye britain. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-announces-third-first-22277434   Boris Johnson announces a third off for first time buyers     Developers will be putting

You would have to be mad to buy a new build.  Two main reasons. Shite build quality and the real danger of being housed next to feral bennie seekers.  There are probably a lot more reasons but either

New development of 37 houses going up in my village. 7 of these are affordable homes, 1 to buy the rest for subsidised rent. The one to buy is up for £66k shared equity. The rest will be cheap rentals

25 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-announces-third-first-22277434

You would have to be mad to buy a new build.  Two main reasons. Shite build quality and the real danger of being housed next to feral bennie seekers.  There are probably a lot more reasons but either of those does it for me. 

21 minutes ago, One percent said:

You would have to be mad to buy a new build.  Two main reasons. Shite build quality and the real danger of being housed next to feral bennie seekers.  There are probably a lot more reasons but either of those does it for me. 

This has a whiff of Jersey about it. We end up with closed and open market housing.

What a crock of shit.

8 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Please elucidate.

Well, they will only let local people buy at at a price point. The incomers have to pay a premium. Given that the recently arrived will not qualify for the cheaper price, but will have to pay the premium, that’s discriminatory.  I can’t believe I’m having to explain this.  

4 minutes ago, One percent said:

Well, they will only let local people buy at at a price point. The incomers have to pay a premium. Given that the recently arrived will not qualify for the cheaper price, but will have to pay the premium, that’s discriminatory.  I can’t believe I’m having to explain this.  

I understand that.

But why is it racist?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-nhs-clap-bankers-coronavirus-a9593266.html%3famp

Boris Johnson says we must also 'clap for bankers who make our NHS possible'

Boris has shown his true colours since winning rhw election. 

This cunt thinks the people dont count, its all about the bankers. 

He is an utter and total cunt of a man. 

The Uk is fucked, seriously fucked. Get out. 

#ClapForBankers 

1 hour ago, TheNickos said:

If I had a pound for every time the count touted leaving Britain I’d be a millionaire.

but yeah, more of the same policies as always.

You'd have 2 quid ya fooking knob. 

1 hour ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

If you don't mind me saying and please don't take this the wrong way, but you were saying this 10 years ago on TOS. Why haven't you gone yet!

19 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-nhs-clap-bankers-coronavirus-a9593266.html%3famp

Boris Johnson says we must also 'clap for bankers who make our NHS possible'

Boris has shown his true colours since winning rhw election. 

This cunt thinks the people dont count, its all about the bankers. 

He is an utter and total cunt of a man. 

The Uk is fucked, seriously fucked. Get out. 

#ClapForBankers 

You'd have 2 quid ya fooking knob. 

Bit harsh.. To be fair to @TheNickos, you have threatened to bunk the UK for quite a few years across both sites ;)

"for future generation of families" always at 30% discount sounds like shared ownership with the rent part set to zero more than HTB. Why the tenant-owner would want to move is a question unless forced to - time limit on the free rent or bedroom tax on the free rent maybe?

Not sure whether its as bad a thing as assumed here.

59 minutes ago, BWW said:

"for future generation of families" always at 30% discount sounds like shared ownership with the rent part set to zero more than HTB. Why the tenant-owner would want to move is a question unless forced to - time limit on the free rent or bedroom tax on the free rent maybe?

Not sure whether its as bad a thing as assumed here.

33% is the margin housebuilders aim for on new builds. So the 30% discount is only on paper. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Option5 said:

33% is the margin housebuilders aim for on new builds. So the 30% discount is only on paper. 

Last chance saloon. House builders know the gig is up in the cities (Redrow confirmed they’re only building out on cheap land). COVID has put an end to inflated ‘city living’ in one fell swoop.

HTB was an excellent money spinner for the house builders building shit quality housing out in the middle of nowhere for a 1/3 more than a local equivalent. That’s now run it’s course and I fully expect debt forgiveness on HTB loans. 

This is the last spin of the plates, unless the government actually starts buying people homes. As above 30% is really just the profit that the house builders are skimming on top.

The government know they are spouting shit advertising these as affordable homes, to the likes of service staff and supermarket workers. The primary aim is one last prop to appease the vote winning ‘to infinity and beyond’ HPI masses. 

The problem here is the limited range of mortgage companies and mortgages they will offer. The banks have already started to withdraw 95% and 90% mortgages. Who locally at these sites will be able to stump up £60k on a £300k house after 30% discount in the SW/SE.

The government will have to force banks to lend at 95% to make it work or make them shared ownership. Plus if these homes aren’t selling at inflated prices post COVID house builders will sit on land and won’t build. 

Sorry Boris, out of luck. COVID has taken the tide out, and negative equity will expose those that have been swimming naked.

Edited by Sideysid
8 hours ago, Darude said:

I thought you were joking but Boris did actually say people should clap for bankers. Speechless.

He didn't say clap for bankers nor did he mean it.

Our innovators, our wealth creators, our capitalists and financiers – because, in the end, it is their willingness to take risks with their own money that will be crucial for our future success.”

He's talking about the Tory donors, offshore hedge fund managers who loaned the governbankment money via outrageously expensive PFI schemes. He's getting the defence ready early, for when the inquiries start into how ill prepared we were for coronavirus because these leeches were sucking so much cash out of the NHS.

PFI (Private Finance Initiative) was a scheme to use private investors’ money to build and run new hospital facilities. It was a disaster and still costs the NHS, according to the Times, around £2 billion a year in repayments, with some hospitals reporting that they’ve had to cut services in order to meet the repayments.

https://skwawkbox.org/2017/04/10/tories-biggest-donors-to-profit-from-pfi2-nhsloans-and-wont-pay-tax/