DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wetherspoons for 9a.m. I just don't fancy the pint that has been in the lines for four months... 

I love this.  Calling it "Street vomiting" makes it sound as though a funky urban craze like break-dancing or parkour is now sweeping through the suburbs.

Went to Legoland on Saturday for HRH's benefit.. Although fairly quiet still a lot of queuing due to social distancing limiting numbers on the rides.  Didn't stay in the Legoland rip off hotel. I

I'm already on holiday.

yesterday was board games and watching the first part of V (the crappy original, not the crappy recent one). Today we're doing Christmas (turkey, left over crackers and a suitable movie). Tomorrow, who knows? Won't be going anywhere or, thus, spending money though. And we shall certainly be avoiding crowds. 

I'll spend a few days with my parents and then try to find somewhere without other people.

Which'll probably be home, although if the entire population of London has popped down to Easbourne, Margate and/or Brighton maybe that'll be okay for a day trip.

1 hour ago, MrPin said:

Jam yesterday, jam tomorrow, no jam today?

Made jam last night. 11 jars. 

Made jam the other day. About a dozen jars again. 

Have about 5lb of raspberries screaming'me too' but if I pick them I've got to jam them straight away.  Huge crops of fruit this year. 

14 hours ago, Melchett said:

I'm already on holiday.

yesterday was board games and watching the first part of V (the crappy original, not the crappy recent one). Today we're doing Christmas (turkey, left over crackers and a suitable movie). Tomorrow, who knows? Won't be going anywhere or, thus, spending money though. And we shall certainly be avoiding crowds. 

Chief Lizard Lady was fit as..

Made me wish I were a Lizard when I were in my early teens.

4 hours ago, stop_the_craziness said:

I'm supposed to be in the middle of a multi-destination holiday right now.   From 25th June it was supposed to be 4 days in Nice & Monaco (including Tour De France watching) and then on to Girona and Barcelona.   Not a chance I will book for the re-scheduled dates in August, or go anywhere else.

I hear Leicester, Barnsley and Bradford are quite comparable. 

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Melchett said:

I'm already on holiday.

I just sat through all 19 episodes of the original V mini series 

they recently showed them all on ForcesTV 

it was more Falcon Crest than i remebered as a kid in the 80's with the bitchy leading ladies 

brilliant sci fi hokum though 

(independence day totally rippied it off years later)

Sybil Danning as Mary Kruger "the dark angel of Dallas"

My god i loved the 80's 

image.jpg

Edited by WorkingPoor
On 01/07/2020 at 22:21, WorkingPoor said:

it was more Falcon Crest than i remebered as a kid in the 80's with the bitchy leading ladies 

My god i loved the 80's 

image.jpg

That's almost The Two Ronnies - The Worm That Turned (1980).

It's easy to forget that the late 70s/early 80s was the period when they started to use females in such dominant roles over men in the media and especially on TV - accelerating the feminism.  It wasn't the norm before that although there was of course stuff like the occasional Ice Queen (female) theme before that.

It was great entertainment but it's got a bit out of control now xD

Earlier got back from my village local, very depressing sadly there were only a handful of people in. Most of them younger folk too. Other pubs nearby looked quiet too. Decided to come back early as it was quite sad and smoke a few doobies instead. The beer tasted flat too. Just growing pains I hope.....

I went into town for a look. I went home again. Either open up properly or fuck off.  The ultimate irony will be deaths of despair due to this horseshit will probably be listed as COVID, too. Apologies for the language I have had a couple. 

Posted (edited)

Im sorry but no-one was really going to "pubs" before this crisis broke out were they? 

They were refuges for the chav druggy menace & silly old duffers who bored each other to death with football talk whilst supping a pint of john smiths. 

Likewise restaurants were going out of business on a weekly basis too. 

They were all toast before this and now they being finished off, think of it as a mercy killing :D

Saw some sad youth twat walking past glaring at his phone about 23:30 last night, probably went out hoping to recreate the piss n bullshit "great" nights out he thought he was enjoying before lockdown. 

Only the real die hards will be trying to go back to these places going forward, they were the ones who were peddling it as "fun" 

It is time to get some of the big redundancies underway.

Edited by WorkingPoor
On 30/06/2020 at 23:00, Green Devil said:

So they are saying that 10.5 milion are going to travel on holiday after lockdown? 

What are the Dosbods plans? 

Personally I wont be going where the masses are heading, beaches, hills, camping etc.. 

Plus one.

We’re a week into our holiday and are studiously avoiding anywhere crowded. Of course with the weather being unutterably shit all week it hasn’t been particularly difficult. Yesterday was a heavy whisky day.

Posted (edited)
On 01/07/2020 at 22:21, WorkingPoor said:

My god i loved the 80's 

image.jpg

We watched a few hours of that this weekend too, although didn’t get to her. My recollection is it started off quite promising but got trashier as it went on. But in those days there wasn’t the sudden death shows faced now, so it took longer to be axed.

eta doh! I just realised you were replying to me in the first place. Blame it on the whisky and thigh boots!

Edited by Melchett
4 hours ago, ashestoashes said:

time for the chopped carrots to meet the pavement

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/news/gloucester-news/street-vomiting-makes-speedy-return-4294994

Street vomiting makes speedy return as pubs reopen across Gloucestershire

I love this.  Calling it "Street vomiting" makes it sound as though a funky urban craze like break-dancing or parkour is now sweeping through the suburbs.