DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Defund the thought police.

2 hours ago, sarahbell said:

Someone has posted that simple sentence on Facebook. 

Fucking excellent.

I think in the US where many PDs spent millions on ex-military kit there is an argument for reducing police funding and de-militerising them.

I always thought that "defunding the police" is a deliberately vague and provocative slogan.

I don't think "Defunding the police" means disbanding the police.

3 hours ago, GBDamo said:

I think in the US where many PDs spent millions on ex-military kit there is an argument for reducing police funding and de-militerising them.

I always thought that "defunding the police" is a deliberately vague and provocative slogan.

I don't think "Defunding the police" means disbanding the police.

It depends who you are I guess. For what it’s worth, I have some experience of how the coppers in Toronto go about their business through a charity I do some volunteer work with. A meaningful chunk of their work in downtown Toronto is handling drink, drugs, mental health and homelessness issues. To be fair, most of them do a very good job and are remarkably kind to the fuckheads they have to deal with but I don’t think that’s really what they want to be doing if they had a free choice. If it was a case of handing off that kind of business to people who were trained for and wanted to do it along with some of funding that would be saved as a result, then that would make sense to me and I’m pretty sure the cops would be happy about it too. I don’t really think that’s what the far left extremists who are currently being given so much airtime want though. They’re after the usual Marxist societal breakdown leading to communism wet dream.

It is the schools.

It where it starts and ends for most kids.

Social media is the means to spread and reap however the real bullshit sowing starts in education. Watching one kid grow up and another at the beginning I have seen it.

I dont mean defund the schools by the way.

Just my opinion of where intolerance is set off.

Such double speak. They are taught its tolerance. 

Divisive and nasty.