DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Communities to end knife crime

https://www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/news/18552897.greater-manchester-communities-will-empowered-offer-solutions-tackling-violent-crime-serious-violence/

“Empowering communities to solve the problems themselves is something we’ve been crying out for,” he said.

The plan will involve £500,000 being spent on piloting community-led approaches to tackling violent crime in six areas across Manchester, Salford, Tameside, Oldham, Bury and Bolton.

So 100k each area assuming all areas equal?

4 hours ago, sarahbell said:

https://www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/news/18552897.greater-manchester-communities-will-empowered-offer-solutions-tackling-violent-crime-serious-violence/

“Empowering communities to solve the problems themselves is something we’ve been crying out for,” he said.

The plan will involve £500,000 being spent on piloting community-led approaches to tackling violent crime in six areas across Manchester, Salford, Tameside, Oldham, Bury and Bolton.

So 100k each area assuming all areas equal?

Doubtful. More like, one person on a £200,000 salary doling out £300,000 of taxpayer money to their mates without any oversight.

C71A63F8-ECED-4B60-867E-353623E1645B.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Doubtful. More like, one person on a £200,000 salary doling out £300,000 of taxpayer money to their mates without any oversight.

C71A63F8-ECED-4B60-867E-353623E1645B.jpeg

The "Sofa", wait until BadgerMan sorts her out.

2 hours ago, MrPin said:

Manchester has always been a violent shithole with some good bits.

Sorry but you're wrong.

I grew up in Manchester, moved away, and have moved back, or close to. I'm no fan of the city but don't see it as all that bad.

I work in the city centre occasionally and never feel uncomfortable. 

There are areas that are dodgy as fuck but no more than any other major city.

What clouds your opinion

8 minutes ago, GBDamo said:

Sorry but you're wrong.

I grew up in Manchester, moved away, and have moved back, or close to. I'm no fan of the city but don't see it as all that bad.

I work in the city centre occasionally and never feel uncomfortable. 

There are areas that are dodgy as fuck but no more than any other major city.

What clouds your opinion

I was there last year and thought the same, certainly didn't feel unsafe. The large number of drugged up homeless was the most noticeable thing, and we have that in Nottingham. Mainly due to the spice epidemic if it is the same as Notts I would imagine. You're even getting that in market towns now.

I was visiting the small town I grew up in last year and there was someone in the town square with his pants and shorts down while his girlfriend injected him with whatever. Sikh market trader remarked "you have got to be fucking joking", and a posse of stall holders chased them off.

3 hours ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

It's a nonsense isn't it.

You could fix this with the will, but it isn't there. I said in another thread, in Nottingham twenty years ago, the Meadows area started suffering from a huge increase in gun crime. The Chief Constable said basically "fuck this, I'm not having it turn into Moss Side" and put firearms officers on routine foot patrols. Scratch one gun crime problem in 48 hours.

It had never been done in the country before - in fact it was how I discovered that we do not need additional legislation to arm our police. A Chief Constable can arm his entire force if he wishes under existing law, although it wouldn't be politically expedient to do so, indicated by the fact the guy in question was gone a year later.

They also did the same with the red light area, and practically policed it out of existence, as much as you can, with addition of a number of other measures such as properly run womens refuges et cetera.

They just need to declare knife free zones, make it clear they will stop and search any fucker they please regardless of race and introduce a mandatory no parole ten stretch for anyone caught carrying a blade. And that is coming from a Libertarian who believes in government with the small g.

They just haven't got the balls, they are too busy fucking kneeling.

I've pretty much completed the bingo card there.

I lived in Forest Fields, Meadows and Arboretum when I lived in Notts.  Got burgled once when in the meadows.  Got to know the prossies at the Arboretum well enough to say hello and once on a drunken stagger home a car pulled up alongside and offered me a lift home - it was one of the prossies picking me up !!  God knows what a copper would have made of that !

I've not encountered anything untoward on my many nights out in Manchester - although I'm never straying beyond the usual drinking areas.

Deport the non-nationals and build some fucking factories for the indigenous Brits.

1. Corporation tax rate of 0% - a great incentive for any foreign owned company to set up shop here

2. Carbon neutral standards imposed on all new manufacturing plants

3. Carbon neutral taxes on goods imported from non-conforming polluting countries (China).

4. Mega Prison Camp established on South Georgia (in the Sandwich Islands) for all terrorists and incurable repeat violent criminals. Fuck off 50,000 scum there for the rest of their lives (for starters). Tell the rest of the scum in UK prisons what happens if they fail to rehabilitate themselves.

Job Done. Keep society clean.

1 hour ago, Iamcynical said:

I've pretty much completed the bingo card there.

I lived in Forest Fields, Meadows and Arboretum when I lived in Notts.  Got burgled once when in the meadows.  Got to know the prossies at the Arboretum well enough to say hello and once on a drunken stagger home a car pulled up alongside and offered me a lift home - it was one of the prossies picking me up !!  God knows what a copper would have made of that !

I've not encountered anything untoward on my many nights out in Manchester - although I'm never straying beyond the usual drinking areas.

Bingo! covered most of those bases, lived just off Gregory Boulevard when I moved there in the late 90's

Wouldn't like to be in an HMO in Hyson Green today.

19 minutes ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

Bingo! covered most of those bases, lived just off Gregory Boulevard when I moved there in the late 90's

Wouldn't like to be in an HMO in Hyson Green today.

I wouldn't want to live in any of those places again !  I've a mate who lives in the Park.  So close to the city but like nothing else I've experienced in any other city in the UK.  

10 hours ago, Iamcynical said:

I lived in Forest Fields, Meadows and Arboretum when I lived in Notts.

Why do all the roughest places have the most overly romanticised names?

I think the next place we buy will be on a street called “the slum”.. it’ll probably be the poshest part of town O.o

9 hours ago, DocH said:

Can they agree to reimburse the money if the crime rate is unchanged?

Na..  it’s just a slightly pathetic attempt to appease BLM,  it’s one of the things they’ve been screeching about ever since they had to justify their “defund the police” policy.

500k is just enough that it sounds like a lot..  and little enough that it’s easy for central government to give away.

In reality it will pay for 10 jobs,  take 10 (presumably BAME) people off the dole and 50% will go straight back to the government in tax anyway.

What will those 10 people do?  Who knows..  I doubt the government do,  I doubt they particularly care.  Probably try to encourage all the gangstas to get into rapping or something.  

As long as they can talk a couple of lads into it,  the BBC will be able to run a nice little human interest documentary on it then the whole thing will quietly be canned.

12 hours ago, deathfunk said:

Deport the non-nationals and build some fucking factories for the indigenous Brits.

Or just steal an idea from Brazil (the dystopian satire, not the country), and make each extended family personally financially liable for the costs of any violent crimes carried out by one of their members.

14 minutes ago, unregistered_guest said:

Or just steal an idea from Brazil (the dystopian satire, not the country), and make each extended family personally financially liable for the costs of any violent crimes carried out by one of their members.

This.

It is also how I believe we stop Islamic terrorism - if a potential terrorist understood that after his crime, everybody from his immediate family, parents, siblings, uncles, aunts, grandparents, cousins, nephews and children would be on the first plane back to wherever his family originated then I am pretty confident it would stop pretty much instantly.

These people actually, literally believe in heaven, where they will meet their family after death - how would the family react to the man that sent them home to live in squalor in Pakistan (or wherever)