DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So after 3 months where it has been nearly impossible to get access to the offices - say to get equipment etc. and where we've been treated worse then lepers suddenly an email telling everyone to be b

An Exxo Skeleton staff,.   I'll get me coat.  

In my opinion favouritism towards certain sectors of the workforce is going to cause a lot of trouble as this crisis unfolds. Seems to be public sector ok, no worries.....lots in the private sect

2 minutes ago, Dave Bloke said:

So after 3 months where it has been nearly impossible to get access to the offices - say to get equipment etc. and where we've been treated worse then lepers suddenly an email telling everyone to be back in work tomorrow with teleworking no longer permitted (as if we asked for it in the first place). The impression is we've had 3 months vacation at the firm's expense.

I thought they would at least do a mix of teleworking / office but no - the skivver's presence is demanded at 9am sharp for a full day of slavery.

They don't want us (the IT lot) in the office because maintaining social distancing and running the canteen is easier without us, so we are actively discouraged from going in.  We're allowed to go a max of 2 days a week and have to book the days in advance. 

Definitely have received the impression from senior management that those operational staff at home are skiving. Judging us by their standards I think. 

I can see the return to offices being quite fractious. Senior management next to useless when all they are doing is Zoom meetings all day. What's the point in them? 

They've even been shovelling make-work projects at us, since they assume we are doing nothing. 

10 hours ago, Dave Bloke said:

So after 3 months where it has been nearly impossible to get access to the offices - say to get equipment etc. and where we've been treated worse then lepers suddenly an email telling everyone to be back in work tomorrow with teleworking no longer permitted (as if we asked for it in the first place). The impression is we've had 3 months vacation at the firm's expense.

I thought they would at least do a mix of teleworking / office but no - the skivver's presence is demanded at 9am sharp for a full day of slavery.

Ask for the risk assessment

11 hours ago, Dave Bloke said:

So after 3 months where it has been nearly impossible to get access to the offices - say to get equipment etc. and where we've been treated worse then lepers suddenly an email telling everyone to be back in work tomorrow with teleworking no longer permitted

Your business sounds particularly unenlightened and slow moving.

Most the businesses in London are now looking at essentially permanent home working, with 'do anything you like' guidelines.

13 hours ago, Dave Bloke said:

9am? luxury!

6 hours ago, sarahbell said:

Ask for the risk assessment

Nope, this is not the time to be rocking the boat.

However, do respond to the email with a timedate stamp confirming that you have received the instruction to attend the office with no exceptions.

evidence counts..

9 hours ago, Errol said:

Your business sounds particularly unenlightened and slow moving.

Most the businesses in London are now looking at essentially permanent home working, with 'do anything you like' guidelines.

Going to be interesting to say the least. Companies where they get it most right. let's assume mixed home/company working might have the pick of staff (a lot of the time that means contact list in London), reduced premises costs, better staff retention, who knows, the competition may struggle to compete on those fronts.  

On 02/07/2020 at 11:47, ashestoashes said:

thought this was going to be about pirates resuming raping and pillaging

Actually, I wonder if dogs got scurvy. After all, they would only eat meat if they could. Well meat, chocolate and ice cream. Maybe they eity don't need vitamin C or they produce their own.

1 hour ago, Rare Bear said:

Actually, I wonder if dogs got scurvy. After all, they would only eat meat if they could. Well meat, chocolate and ice cream. Maybe they eity don't need vitamin C or they produce their own.

feed mine lightly steamed broccoli, just in case

2 hours ago, hapax legomenon said:

Got told yesterday to continue working from home until mid-September. Happy days

Well after getting up to 50% occupation at the ExxonMobil campus in Houston, the management have pulled back on the re-occupation, and now only people with their own individual offices can go in. Open plan wankers like me are working from home again for the forseeable. I have cleared my desk of all my personal bits and pieces now, just in case. 

Normal occupancy of the campus is 10k people. There are 3x 2500 space multistorey car parks. I believe it cost 4.5 billion dollars.

It's looking like a bit of a white elephant now. Have a look at this video to see what it's like. Try not to spew when the earnest American employees talk about how great it all is...

36 minutes ago, Popuplights said:

Well after getting up to 50% occupation at the ExxonMobil campus in Houston, the management have pulled back on the re-occupation, and now only people with their own individual offices can go in. Open plan wankers like me are working from home again for the forseeable. I have cleared my desk of all my personal bits and pieces now, just in case. 

Normal occupancy of the campus is 10k people. There are 3x 2500 space multistorey car parks. I believe it cost 4.5 billion dollars.

It's looking like a bit of a white elephant now. Have a look at this video to see what it's like. Try not to spew when the earnest American employees talk about how great it all is...

An Exxo Skeleton staff,.

I'll get me coat.

2 hours ago, Popuplights said:

You are saying sell Exxon shares?!

2 hours ago, Popuplights said:

Take the office chair home.

They are normally better than dining chairs.

2 hours ago, stop_the_craziness said:

God?  That's who they seem to think is the only person they are answerable to.

Don't be silly. HR expect God to be answerable to them, and woe-betide the person who thinks that St. Peter calling them to the Pearly Gates is of higher priority than filling in a form for HR.

"When you see him next, can you tell him he needs to see me to sort out his residency papers?" Was so tempted to make a joke about ouija boards...

Posted (edited)

I went in to the office for the first time since 15 March this morning. There was supposed to be someone giving out masks between 9 and 10am but no sign of anyone. Went to my office, which was open. Logged on to the meeting which described the protocol. Only official company masks allowed onsite so I had to leave again. Checked out the building. Only limited parking open, no toilets, shower facilities closed. Canteen closed. Only hard chairs allowed. No aircon. Not exactly a welcoming environment. Plus side, at least the network is fast and no horrible VPN.

Oh just found out, only 300 packs of masks for 550 employees. So everyone supposed to be back at work but not everyone can come in... apparently Macron has ordered the back to work and it took the management by surprise. That is why all the big French firms have taken similar action this week.

Edited by Dave Bloke
10 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

So where do you go for a piss or god forbid an emergency dump?

The women wouldn't last 2 hours.

You don't go into town on a Saturday night then!  The local councils have been training the populace for this eventuality for years!