DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Back to work, ye skurvy dawgs!

Dave Bloke

7 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

Had I not been bladdered, then due to a couple of SERPS opt-outs, I was on course to finally hit maximum NI contributions next April.

I think that I have a fair hope of being able to contribute another nine months worth over the next twelve years.

I think it's only full years that count, so it's 12 months you'll need unless you get NI credits or make voluntary contributions for the next 9 months of this year.

Edited by Panther
  • Informative 1

unregistered_guest
9 hours ago, Panther said:

I once had two offices.

Was one of them in Elevenerife?

9 hours ago, Panther said:

One was light wood the other was dark wood; decisions, decisions

So, a bit of a turkey then?

Oh no, that would be dark meat and light meat!

9 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

Don't tell @One percent. She would love to be facing that dilemma.

See above.

18 hours ago, Panther said:

I think it's only full years that count, so it's 12 months you'll need unless you get NI credits or make voluntary contributions for the next 9 months of this year.

It's not about whether you paid for a specified length of time within the year, the threshold to get a qualifying year is monetary. For 20/21 if you earned £6,240 you will have paid enough NI to get a qualifying year.

• Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Darude said:

It's not about whether you paid for a specified length of time within the year, the threshold to get a qualifying year is monetary. For 20/21 if you earned £6,240 you will have paid enough NI to get a qualifying year.

How much were they paying the bastard!

Wight Flight

Has anyone been in a lift recently?

If we assume (with social distancing) you can only get one person in a lift at a time, how long would it take for everyone to get to work in one of those high rises in Canary Wharf? And would you have to book your lift slot a week in advance?

• Agree 1

unregistered_guest
13 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

Yes, you just mask up to intimidate the tourists.

The Generation Game

Well I was due to go back to the office tomorrow for the first time since I went on holiday to the UK in February. 

Someone who was working in the office on Monday and Tuesday this week has been contact-traced to someone who tested positive at the weekend. 

As such, the office is closed until further notice, whilst a deep clean takes place. 

• Informative 1

3 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

As such, the office is closed until further notice, whilst a deep clean takes place. 

It's not just the Brits panicking.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

Well I was due to go back to the office tomorrow for the first time since I went on holiday to the UK in February. 

Someone who was working in the office on Monday and Tuesday this week has been contact-traced to someone who tested positive at the weekend. 

Is it safe for the deep cleaners to enter?

Probably be better off burning it down, to be on the safe side.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 2

unregistered_guest
6 minutes ago, eight said:

You weren't contracted to do a deep clean at Tommy Robinson's house too, by any chance?

• Agree 1
  • Lol 2

The Generation Game
1 minute ago, eight said:

I was just happy, when I asked earlier this week, that I didn't need a mask in the office block. 

• Informative 1

14 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

If we assume (with social distancing) you can only get one person in a lift at a time, how long would it take for everyone to get to work in one of those high rises in Canary Wharf? And would you have to book your lift slot a week in advance?

This will be a massive problem for one of my clients, they are in Sky Park in Glasgow, top of 9 floors.

It has always been a total and absolute ball ache getting in to the office in the morning due to only 2 tiny lifts for the whole building that hold about 6 people at the very max and that's squashed right up, with social distancing I think it would literally be 2 people both facing the opposite way.

They have avoided it so far with 80% of staff on Furlough not sure how they will manage when they all come back. There was already an informal staggering start time simply to avoid the lift issue.

If you have ever been to Glasgow you will know that any suggestion of walking up will result in a multiple coronary event.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 2

3 minutes ago, gilf said:

This will be a massive problem for one of my clients, they are in Sky Park in Glasgow, top of 9 floors.

It has always been a total and absolute ball ache getting in to the office in the morning due to only 2 tiny lifts for the whole building that hold about 6 people at the very max and that's squashed right up, with social distancing I think it would literally be 2 people both facing the opposite way.

They have avoided it so far with 80% of staff on Furlough not sure how they will manage when they all come back. There was already an informal staggering start time simply to avoid the lift issue.

If you have ever been to Glasgow you will know that any suggestion of walking up will result in a multiple coronary event.

So how wide is the staircase?

• Lol 1

15 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

One of my colleagues, based out in the provinces, like Winnersh or some primitive tribal area like that, visited our London office, and he's Welsh, and I pointed out he's never seen a lift that went UP before. Lucky he has a sense of humour, as he was a big Rugby player.

MrLibertyRedux
9 minutes ago, gilf said:

Ended up in the wrong lift in the old Gnatwest Tower about ten years ago (got out on the wrong floor and your pass is colour coded for lift groups). Bloody awful building.

Wandered into an office to see if someone could let me back into the zone I should have been in.

Bunch of unoccupied desks with Reuters software not screen locked, but the door deeper into the office was locked.

I was in mufti, put my feet on the desk and waited. Eventually two blokes came in with mugs of coffee.

Liberty "It's buy high and sell low right?"

They looked a little "alarmed".

Got back in the right zone quite quickly though.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

6 minutes ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

Ended up in the wrong lift in the old Gnatwest Tower about ten years ago (got out on the wrong floor and your pass is colour coded for lift groups). Bloody awful building.

Wandered into an office to see if someone could let me back into the zone I should have been in.

Bunch of unoccupied desks with Reuters software not screen locked, but the door deeper into the office was locked.

I was in mufti, put my feet on the desk and waited. Eventually two blokes came in with mugs of coffee.

Liberty "It's buy high and sell low right?"

They looked a little "alarmed".

Got back in the right zone quite quickly though.

Goodmans Fields? I worked there, once.

MrLibertyRedux
2 hours ago, eight said:

Goodmans Fields? I worked there, once.

Yes, just looked it up, it has been rebranded as "Tower 42" now. Bloody awful building though. Cantilever design so all the space in it is really small.

The Generation Game
1 hour ago, The XYY Man said:

I have a sense of humour - and used to play Rugby - but for the life of me I just don't get the "joke" you made about the lift going up...

XYY

And this coming from a Colliery boy. 

7 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

I have a sense of humour - and used to play Rugby - but for the life of me I just don't get the "joke" you made about the lift going up...

XYY

OK, well in COAL MINES, lifts only go down.:o

Wight Flight

Doctors seem to think that 90% of appointments can be carried out online.

That's 90% fewer UK based GPs we need then.

Be careful what you wish for.

23 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Reminds me I need to ring the doctors to try to make an appointment.

I do think writing them a letter is going to be more effective. 

70% appointments can be done by a machine. Human not needed. 20% need go to look at you. 

Anything which needs physically doing needs a human. 

On ‎30‎/‎07‎/‎2020 at 08:24, Wight Flight said:

Doctors are highly susceptible to AI/Computer replacement. They will be some of the first jobs to go.

• Agree 1

The Generation Game
On 29/07/2020 at 11:58, The Generation Game said:

I got an update that the person in my office tested negative so the office reopens on Monday. 

We then got an email saying that a couple of people in the next building (shared reception area) have tested positive and are therefore self-isolating at home for the next 14-days. 

As my office complex is one of two areas of town with large ex-pat workforces, I can't help but feel that it's been imported from elsewhere (as someone who flew back a few weeks ago, the irony isn't lost on me). 

The Generation Game
On 29/07/2020 at 12:43, gilf said:

Maybe there'll be a resurgence in paternosters? 9_9

• Agree 2

Chewing Grass
2 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

Maybe there'll be a resurgence in paternosters? 9_9

I remember them, there was one in the office block on site until the 1990s, when I started I was warned not to go 'over the top' as it folded up as it went over.

One day I plucked up courage to go 'over the top' and just saw a painted wall.

If you stuck you toes over the edge there was a flap board that lifted to stop you chopping them off as well.

• Lol 1