DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

A slither of land for £20K

201p

ashestoashes

if only they'd left a clue

• FREEHOLD VACANT ADVERTISING SITE

Full description

Tenure: Freehold

** For sale by public auction on 14th July at 12:00 **

Location & Description
An advertising site adjacent to 54 Highland Road in a mainly residential area within this popular seaside resort, about mile from the seafront and a mile from the town centre.

Accommodation
2 x 48 sheet advert hoardings

Sliver. A sliver of land.

This one is up there with "expresso" and "should/could/would of" for making my teeth itch.

btw OP sorry for being a pedantic cunt.

One percent
28 minutes ago, AWW said:

This one is up there with "expresso" and "should/could/would of" for making my teeth itch.

Keep up the good work. 👍 you can be pedant witch-finder general today.  :)

I wonder what the return is on those advert boards? Does the landowner rent the land to the hoarding company who then rent to the advertising company?

You'd think the estate agent would wait for the Transit van that's blocking the view to move first. Oh hang on, no you wouldn't.

On 03/07/2020 at 10:20, AWW said:

Thank you, I don't use that word much. I should have checked.

On 03/07/2020 at 11:08, Hardhat said:

I wonder what the return is on those advert boards? Does the landowner rent the land to the hoarding company who then rent to the advertising company?

Agree come on must be someone in the DOSBODs hive mind who knows what the going rate for an advertising board is? 

My guess it at £20k it would decades to get any ROI. It's only really valuable to the house owner next door. Buy the land, bash the current house down and build 20 flats on there for gimmigrants/working poor. It's the only game in town.

48 Sheet Billboards

Known colloquially as a standard billboard, a 48-sheet advert is approximately 3m x 6m in terms of its dimensions.

48 sheet

48 sheet billboards can cost between £160 to £250.00 per week (plus production) for a standard two-week booking. The total cost of your booking depends on your choice supplier as there are more affordable (and more expensive) options on the market as highlighted in the comparable table below, carried out by our market research. It’s important to note that this is the base two-week booking price, as booking for longer periods of time can result in discounts. For example, 75media offer a 48-sheet billboard over a four week period at a price of £160 per week plus production, and this falls to £100 per week plus production when committing to a longer-term 52-week contract.

48 Sheet Billboards Pricing Comparison – (Two-Week Booking) Pricing Exclusive of VAT

Rental Cost Production Total
75media £320 £175 £495
Clear Channel £475 £159 £634
Primesight £400 £127.97 £521.97
Jcdecaux £500 £195 £695

It's a fucking bargain! BUY! BUY! BUY!

Here :- https://75media.co.uk/blog/billboard-costs/

On 03/07/2020 at 10:20, AWW said:

Pedantic cunt?

I would rather my errors be pointed out to me so that I learn rather than for them to be ignored and I remain ignorant.

leonardratso

who looks at billboards? let alone who thinks ooooh, ill just write that number down so i can call them and buy their shit.

i used to see a few electronic ones on the way to work, you know like 5 months ago, they should be giving them away these days. Might be just me but i cant see it as an advertising medium that gives you any returns, even when traffic/foot fall was at full flow. Anyone know better?

There again i always block adverts everywhere if i can, even means turning the tv over when i rarely watch it when the adverts start.

I used to feel that way. Then one night I was realizing PM miners Really Bloody Fluctuate and That’s Sort of OK, when I saw this and didn’t it change my life. (I know, I know, not on a billboard... but still😎)

DC183356-20A7-48B9-B710-BBC37700246A.png

stop_the_craziness
On 03/07/2020 at 11:08, Hardhat said:

I can give a rubbishy, out of date anecdotal answer.  Back in the day a friend of mine bought a crappy terrace on the A1 that had an advertising hoarding on it that pretty much paid the mortgage on the place which IIRC was about £400 a month.  The trouble with this example is:

(a) It was a long time ago - pre-internet so advertising space like that would have been more valuable

(b) I guess rates are all about the location so maybe can't extrapolate.

Archived