DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Self Assessment

Question

Was expecting a second payment to HMRC in July as usual.

Just got a self-assessment statement as of June 2020 and the July payment has miraculously shifted itself to January 2021 and a note has appeared on the right hand side saying I can transfer the July payment to January 2021 if I want to (but it has already disappeared).

I am assuming that I have managed to lower my tax burden and there was never a second payment this year and I am down to one.

Or is this a sneaky way of stimulating the discretionary economy.

20200703_135848.jpg.e00672117d68efd00ace374d6ea5a260.jpg

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Chewing Grass said:

Was expecting a second payment to HMRC in July as usual.

Just got a self-assessment statement as of June 2020 and the July payment has miraculously shifted itself to January 2021 and a note has appeared on the right hand side saying I can transfer the July payment to January 2021 if I want to (but it has already disappeared).

I am assuming that I have managed to lower my tax burden and there was never a second payment this year and I am down to one.

Or is this a sneaky way of stimulating the discretionary economy.

20200703_135848.jpg.e00672117d68efd00ace374d6ea5a260.jpg

IIRC they have given 6 `months grace due to CV ,,,,i could be wrong so don`t just take my word for it 

I've had the same, its just kicking the can down the road. Note its the POA, us tax dodging self employed have to pay our tax in advance.

I'll be paying mine by the end of the month rather than having to stump up double at a later date.

If you can't pay one weeks rent today, what makes you think you can pay two weeks rent next week? Sorry for the bastardised version, I'm sure you all know what I mean.

Never pay up in july. On your annual assessment just tick the no box then put some spiel in saying you expect to be under the tax threshold this year blah blah.

Over ten years and counting and zero queries so far.

Fuck giving these Muppets anything in advance when if the roles are reversed they charge you daily interest. 

Just a principle thing.