DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

1 minute ago, spunko said:

Is there a 'I'd love to go to the pub but not this weekend as I'm a misery who hates crowds" thread?

I share your sentiment! I have to go (there is a gentlemens agreement between some lifelong friends involved), but wouldn't be at all surprised to last a couple of hours and be back home in a foul mood.

We shall see.

:Beer:

That makes sense of the headline on this story which baffled me but I hadn't read it.

Backtracking in place!

In a clarifying statement similar to their Twitter response, a spokesperson for Devon and Cornwall Police said: "For clarity, this is in relation to Government guidance that has been shared with restaurants and pub landlords to consider.

"Neither Devon and Cornwall Police, nor Dorset police will be monitoring how long people remain within a pub; this sits with individual licensees if they wish to introduce measures that limit how long a customer remains within their establishment."

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/plymouth-news/police-clarify-not-illegal-spend-4290691

1 hour ago, sarahbell said:

I'm not bloody going! 

They can stuff it.

Nope.  You have to give your name and contact details and the mail yesterday were stating that the price of a pint is being increased by 1.50.   o.O  it’s already too expensive to drink in a pub. 

3 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

.....this sits with individual licensees if they wish to introduce measures that limit how long a customer remains within their establishment.

Now I am confused, no licensing hours any more?  

4 minutes ago, One percent said:

Nope.  You have to give your name and contact details and the mail yesterday were stating that the price of a pint is being increased by 1.50.   o.O  it’s already too expensive to drink in a pub. 

Plus perspex, etc.  I would imagine most people have found a cheaper and better way by now.  RIP.

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

Well.....

I wouldn't say that you absolutely have to.

Shall we all be Jeremy Corbyn or Diane Abbott?

020 7219 4272

(House of Commons)

https://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/offices/commons/hcio/contact-us/

The government has asked pubs and other hospitality venues, when they reopen, to collect and maintain records of customers and share them, where requested, with NHS Test and Trace. This is so that NHS Test and Trace can identify and inform those who may have been exposed to COVID-19, having been in close contact with somebody who has tested positive for the virus.

All customers, or the lead member of a customer group, will be provided with an NHS Test and Trace form (pictured) and, if requested, a pencil. The form will ask for a name, contact phone number, date of visit and arrival/departure time.

Children under 16 will not be asked individually to provide their details, since they can visit only when accompanied by an adult parent/carer, who can complete the form as ‘lead member’.

Customers will then be asked to place the completed form in a box, when they leave the pub.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, MrPin said:

What, November?

It's actually in September!  An American once asked me upon his arrival at the airport where it was, in October.  I felt for him!

PS:  Of course, for those few capable of really laughing at helles, there's always starkbier during(?) Lent!  Served in small clay mugs due to the toxicity!  The Bavarian answer to the Amsterdam coffeshop!

Edited by Harley
1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

Shall we all be Jeremy Corbyn or Diane Abbott?

020 7219 4272

This will work at Spoons - one member of the party fills in a form with the names, contact detail, arrival and leaving times and posts it in a box as they leave the pub.

Jezza and Diane will be regular attenders of my local Spoons....