DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Your ideal house

spunko

I think that my dreams are modest compared to you lot!

I'd love the above house:

• SW France.
  • Nice medium-sized town with friendly natives.
  • One hour from the beach, one hour from the ski slopes.
  • Climate is kind (as per palm tree next to the swimming pool).
  • Great view of the mountains in the distance.
  • Plenty of space, heated swimming pool, fireplace (albeit would need replacing as it's really ugly).

The house needs quite a bit of TLC (the exterior is painted pink - WTF where they thinking!) and I'd want to check a compass before buying (it's next to a hill, need to check that the hill is not due South!). Otherwise, it would be my dream!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/6/2017 at 01:42, TheBlueCat said:

This would do me:

http://www.themodernhouse.com/sales-list/totnes/

It's the sort of place I'm hoping to retire to in fact.

I like that. Not the sort of place I'd want to live as the garden is up a huge slope, but I bet it's very warm in winter.

17 hours ago, JackieO said:

I haven't been to Madeira, always wanted to go, but does look a bit OAP central. !

51 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

I like that. Not the sort of place I'd want to live as the garden is up a huge slope, but I bet it's very warm in winter.

I haven't been to Madeira, always wanted to go, but does look a bit OAP central. !

Yep it's full of old people. Terrible place. Don't go there!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-50908701.html

Just browsing rightmove as you do.

The inspired subterranean element of the home is a perfect space for entertaining with a bar area and access through to a cinema room. The entertainment suite has a vaulted ceiling of glass which floods the room with natural light and at night time soaks up the vast expanse of sky. 

• Secure Gated Access, Ample Parking & Underground Garage With Turntable

11 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

but being practical something like this is the best i could hope to achive

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-68592314.html

Bit at the top of the stairs for a desk. I always look at the floor plans of places and that's what jumped out at me when I looked at that one. I thought you didn't like Stoke though? A hundred grand sounds reasonable, very reasonable for a 3 bedroom semi detached compared with Edinburgh.

What about a nice wee country house on the outskirts of Stoke maybe?

EDIT : Ah, sorry, didn't see the zombie proof one.

38 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Bit at the top of the stairs for a desk. I always look at the floor plans of places and that's what jumped out at me when I looked at that one. I thought you didn't like Stoke though? A hundred grand sounds reasonable, very reasonable for a 3 bedroom semi detached compared with Edinburgh.

What about a nice wee country house on the outskirts of Stoke maybe?

EDIT : Ah, sorry, didn't see the zombie proof one.

i was just being realistic with the 3 bed semi,no im not a fan of stoke but houses here are more likley to be in line with local wages compared to much of the country which they claim is 27k.

7 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

i was just being realistic with the 3 bed semi,no im not a fan of stoke but houses here are more likley to be in line with local wages compared to much of the country which they claim is 27k.

Ah, yeah that average must take into account a lot of folk on big/decent money. 

Where would you put you zombie proof house if it could be anywhere in the country?

16 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Ah, yeah that average must take into account a lot of folk on big/decent money. 

Where would you put you zombie proof house if it could be anywhere in the country?

somewhere in the staffordshire moorlands flash has an example is the highest village in the uk,and i like some areas near glemsford purley for the metal detecting.

8 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

somewhere in the staffordshire moorlands flash has an example is the highest village in the uk,and i like some areas near glemsford purley for the metal detecting.

Did you watch The Detectorists?

1 minute ago, stokiescum said:

some of my friends were extras in it

Aye? I loved that programme, never owned a metal detector and so wondered what real metal detector(ists) would think of it. I thought it was really comforting tv, a nice programme, heartwarming stuff. Was it accurately depicting the detector stuff though? 

18 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Aye? I loved that programme, never owned a metal detector and so wondered what real metal detector(ists) would think of it. I thought it was really comforting tv, a nice programme, heartwarming stuff. Was it accurately depicting the detector stuff though? 

i have only seen series 1,i dont have a tv license.i can relate to it in many ways.the meet up we have in glemsford is called skunkys rally and ive walked out of jobs before now to attend(i dont need much of an excuse to leave a job),the hobby can be cuthroat at times saying that.

Chewing Grass
45 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

Its bleak but I venture up there on the pushbike in summer, wasnt Flash renowned for coin clipping, dodgy money and booze smuggling 300 years ago? Hence hoard hunters etc now.

17 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Its bleak but I venture up there on the pushbike in summer, wasnt Flash renowned for coin clipping, dodgy money and booze smuggling 300 years ago? Hence hoard hunters etc now.

the term flash cash is reputed to have started over this naughty village.i dont detect that way its the scenery i like .

33 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

i have only seen series 1,i dont have a tv license.i can relate to it in many ways.the meet up we have in glemsford is called skunkys rally and ive walked out of jobs before now to attend(i dont need much of an excuse to leave a job),the hobby can be cuthroat at times saying that.

I was going to post a link to series two online but when I tested it it was all that pop up shit all over the place. There are places to watch it free though. 

Hope none of your detectorisistian sectarianism spill's over here, just thinking with you having posted your meet up name.

20 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Mmmm, treasure!

18 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

the term flash cash is reputed to have started over this naughty village.i dont detect that way its the scenery i like .

Ah, interesting I had never questioned that phrase, makes sense that would be where it was from.

Aw! What way do you detect? 

18 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Mmmm, treasure!

Ah, interesting I had never questioned that phrase, makes sense that would be where it was from.

Aw! What way do you detect? 

i have permision on around 20,000 acres.but i prefere farms alongside the roman road that runs from derby (little chester) to chester,it passes through my home village of rocester (jcb) which is 2 miles from alton towers.

55 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

i have permision on around 20,000 acres.but i prefere farms alongside the roman road that runs from derby (little chester) to chester,it passes through my home village of rocester (jcb) which is 2 miles from alton towers.

I have no idea really, but imagine it to be kinda like fishing is in a way, at least partly an excuse to be out in nature?

3 hours ago, stokiescum said:

I know someone who detects. Has tons of bottles and other interesting things. 
he's had good luck in skips too! 

Archived