DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Your ideal house

spunko

14 hours ago, sarahbell said:

I know someone who detects. Has tons of bottles and other interesting things. 
he's had good luck in skips too! 

i used to collect old bottles has a kid sold them to buy a triump herald of all things

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/15/2017 at 16:42, Carl Fimble said:

I have no idea really, but imagine it to be kinda like fishing is in a way, at least partly an excuse to be out in nature?

there are worse hobbies,most people into detecting are also interested by history

11 hours ago, Melchett said:

This

TraceyIsland.jpg

Very Bond villain looking place that one! How much? Where is it too?

23 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

there are worse hobbies,most people into detecting are also interested by history

I can see the appeal. 

Long time lurking
On 10/1/2017 at 09:11, Hopeful said:

It's a 2-bedroom off-grid bungalow. It doesn't have to look beautiful but the view should,

to tick all the boxes

1) located very near to, or by, a rocky coast with a mooring nearby for a small displacement fishing boat, although preferably the bungalow would have its own slipway and mooring.

2) about 3/4-1 acre of good quality, south-facing land

3) It's own water

4) Solar and passive heating

5) A separate outbuilding for a 'garden office' (could be added of course)

6) A small garden observatory (always wanted one),

7) In a place with a climate no worse than the UK southwest and experiencing seasons

Here`s one that ticks quite a few of those boxes 

http://www.daft.ie/kerry/bungalows-for-sale/lauragh/coolownig-lauragh-kerry-1185598/

Long time lurking
6 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

That's given me something to think about !

There`s shit loads of places  in that part of the world and they are cheap/good value. but you have to take your own job 

Something a bit more up market  http://www.daft.ie/kerry/bungalows-for-sale/castlegregory/nirvana-cloghane-castlegregory-kerry-1593022/

7 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

There`s shit loads of places  in that part of the world and they are cheap/good value. but you have to take your own job 

Something a bit more up market  http://www.daft.ie/kerry/bungalows-for-sale/castlegregory/nirvana-cloghane-castlegregory-kerry-1593022/

I can do my main work from virtually anywhere so long as I can get to sea. A deliberate move 2 years ago after 3 years planning. Haven't taken it anywhere yet though, other than moving it to my rented home. The only disadvantage with that bungalow is it's a bit far from open sea. But I'm going to have a look around. GF has always muttered about visiting Ireland

Long time lurking
9 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

I can do my main work from virtually anywhere so long as I can get to sea. A deliberate move 2 years ago after 3 years planning. Haven't taken it anywhere yet though, other than moving it to my rented home. The only disadvantage with that bungalow is it's a bit far from open sea. But I'm going to have a look around. GF has always muttered about visiting Ireland

The west coast is a beautiful part of the world 

It may not be open sea as in the Atlantic but that`s deep water you see in those photos and its not an estuary environment i have fished in the next bay south (Bantry)  a few times and you will find depths of 150ft +  the channel between bear island has some amazing pollack fishing 

1 minute ago, Long time lurking said:

The west coast is a beautiful part of the world 

It may not be open sea as in the Atlantic but that`s deep water you see in those photos and its not an estuary environment i have fished in the next bay south (Bantry)  a few times and you will find depths of 150ft +  the channel between bear island has some amazing pollack fishing 

Ahhh.....promising

22 hours ago, Hopeful said:

Are you a pirate?

On 11/24/2017 at 20:05, Long time lurking said:

id love to live there,i fell out with a few irish lads on a propaty forum when i said id concider moveing there,they said no jobs for english bastards in the sticks unless your willing to wipe arses,i said im a careworker and ive no problems doing that if i can get that much house surrounded with fantastic views for such sensable prices....end of debate.

On ‎24‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:05, Melchett said:

Its Tracy Island (Thunderbirds)

Ah, thanks!

It looks a lot better than it did on Blue Peter.

• 1 month later...
sleepwello'nights
45 minutes ago, One percent said:

Better class of criminal too 

And the motorway signs are nowhere near as confusing. How can you go the North from Leeds? , you're already there!

6 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

And the motorway signs are nowhere near as confusing. How can you go the North from Leeds? , you're already there!

So confusing.  There is nothing north of watford gap is there?

8 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

You're right, it should say "Further North (A1M)" etc :)

sleepwello'nights
1 minute ago, Northern Welsh Midlander said:

You're right, it should say "Further North (A1M)" etc :)

I always thought it should be "even further North"

Archived