DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

The Mediterranean rescue missions haven't solved the snag that Europe no longer wants them

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Look what happens to anybody that does.  Farage for example. We need arrests and prison sentences for anybody associated with Refugees Welcome or asylum seeker farming.  Bridget for a start.

I stopped reading about this stuff. It's too depressing - end of western civilization stuff. I've been waiting for the mood to change but even as Kent is invaded daily nobody speaks out. There is

If anyone thinks Priti Useless is going to do anything about this, then they should book themselves in for a CT scan asap. "Can I sink them?" "No." "If I see one in difficulty can I just igno

Posted Images

Posted (edited)

It;s actually even stupider than I thought it was now I've read the article

• After staying docked in the port of Marseille for three months due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Ocean Viking resumed operations on June 22.

And it seems they set out without checking whether anyone would take them -which in the post Covid world seems to be nowhere - all countries have decided the best action is to say Nein...

But if you want to land the people safely take them back from the port they set off from.

Edited by eek
Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

I would guess they set out because they would not be allowed to stay. 

But they've probably got as much right to be in Libya as they've got in Europe.

And we are not talking about the displaced Syrian families really, are we?

P.S. I don't blame them. I blame those that have enabled this to happen on my behalf. They are only in Libya because of them and their ships.

Edited by eta-carinae
  • 2 weeks later...

The only way to make it seem slightly less bad than it is is to think that for every 1 person coming over in a dinghy probably 50 are coming over with EU 'Dutch Somali' or 'Belgian Mozambiquan' or 'Portuguese Goan' EU passports which will start to become more difficult soon.

Plus also the raid on that sweatshop in Leicester I think may have disturbed some of our open borders immigration crowd a bit too.

No matter what western societies do for brown people they will still complain. If we don't let them into Europe they complain. If we give them asylum status and put them up in hotels they will complain. If we give them passports they will complain about institutional racism. There is no end point where the brown community will just get on with it and stop whining. 

I'm getting to the stage where I just don't care about brown people. If they drowned in the Mediterranean I really wouldn't care.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-53397575/rouaa-s-story-from-syrian-refugee-to-uk-schoolgirl

Syria was civil war caused by a large number of theocrats trying to take over one of ME functioning secular states.

Any family turning up, with a mother in hijab and a non English speaking father is going to be a a massive drain for at least 20 years.

These people should be offered shelter for 5 years then sent back.

The father looks like hes on his second family/wife.

'We dont want to rely on anyone.

We dont want anyone to give us  coriander or parsley, we want to grow it ourselves'

Id gladly give him parsley rather than a free house and benefits.

'Ive been asked not say say where they are. Theres some hostility to immigrants'

Flips to family walking down street in hijab ...

10 hours ago, Great Guy said:

No matter what western societies do for brown people they will still complain. If we don't let them into Europe they complain. If we give them asylum status and put them up in hotels they will complain. If we give them passports they will complain about institutional racism. There is no end point where the brown community will just get on with it and stop whining. 

I'm getting to the stage where I just don't care about brown people. If they drowned in the Mediterranean I really wouldn't care.

All people like to complain.

The problem isn't that these people are moaning, but that anyone is listening to them.   We shouldn't be listening to anyone with unreasonable demands or expecting special treatment based on their group identity.

The foundation of modern British culture has been built upon the rights, freedoms and equality of the individual.  

The sooner we get back to that,  the better.    

1 hour ago, Libspero said:

All people like to complain.

The problem isn't that these people are moaning, but that anyone is listening to them.   We shouldn't be listening to anyone with unreasonable demands or expecting special treatment based on their group identity.

The foundation of modern British culture has been built upon the rights, freedoms and equality of the individual.  

The sooner we get back to that,  the better.    

It mandates equality of opportunity

The problem is that if that doesn't result in equality of outcome then why is that? Any explanation other than racism/oppression, is itself racist.

Edited by Boglet