DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Posted (edited)

Authorities in the Australian city of Melbourne have confined people living in nine housing estate tower blocks because of an outbreak of coronavirus.

The 3,000 or so residents of the blocks are being told not to leave their homes for any reason for at least five days. 

At least 23 cases of infection were found on two estates in recent days.

The state of Victoria recorded 108 new cases on Saturday, its second-biggest daily increase. Australia as a whole has seen 104 coronavirus deaths.

There have been at least 8,362 infections nationwide.

Victoria State Premier Daniel Andrews said the latest figures there were a very real concern to everybody.

How different is the response in Melbourne?

The city is putting "stage three" restrictions on 12 suburbs. People there will only be able to leave the house for four reasons: work or education, exercise, medical care or care-giving, and shopping for supplies.

But the nine tower blocks in Flemington and North Melbourne face a "hard lockdown".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-53289616

Bet they feel smug they took all the guns away from australians last year.

Edited by WorkingPoor
4 hours ago, sarahbell said:

So people without five days supplies are a bit fucked.

If you think about how wide lifts and staircases in tower blocks are, people have effectively been putting themselves at risk leaving for the last three months anyway

They will be posted some food tablets.

https://www.theage.com.au/towerblock_soylent_green_tablets_in_post

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

I hear that all flights out of Oz are cancelled. Is that true?

Just looked on flight radar 24 and for a country the size of Oz the number of aircraft up there is very sparse for some reason.

1 freighter and 3 flights, 1 from Doha and 2 from HK over land.

The three light aircraft are all flying doctor service.

1951449169_Screenshotfrom2020-07-0418-49-00.thumb.jpg.9d6178a46db7c0f5507b5ab6a3e5af56.jpg

Edited by Chewing Grass