DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

The numbers of infections in the US are going up rapidly but deaths haven't (yet?) followed. Just a matter of time or is somtheing else going on? By that I'm thinking a lot more testing is happening, the disease is getting weaker, we're getting better at treating it, new cases are young people rather than people in nursing homes, something else?

13 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

The numbers of infections in the US are going up rapidly but deaths haven't (yet?) followed. Just a matter of time or is somtheing else going on? By that I'm thinking a lot more testing is happening, the disease is getting weaker, we're getting better at treating it, new cases are young people rather than people in nursing homes, something else?

I posted this on the other thread 

12 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

I understand the average age of an infected person is now below 40.

That might explain the lack of deaths.

So it`s now not just racist it`s ageist as well 

The UK just removed 30k case from there testing results /infected cases 

Then you have this from the WHO

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, 201p said:

Most people know about this pandemic by now (where have you been?), and older people are generally taking precautions, so deaths should fall.

Oh, and we're washing our hands more, and cleaning down surfaces.

It's whether this change in behaviour holds SarsCov2 at bay this winter - I suspect it won't be succifient to overcome the increase in transmission.

Lots of denial about this virus, but there has been a huge change in human behaviour and the onset of summer.

Edited by Hopeful

I work in medical supplies, and more people know about Vitamin D, and have been buying and enquiring about it. This must also be a factor. Let's hope when winter comes, people remember to continue taking supplements.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, 201p said:

I work in medical supplies, and more people know about Vitamin D, and have been buying and enquiring about it. This must also be a factor. Let's hope when winter comes, people remember to continue taking supplements.

Vitamin D promoted as potential defence against coronavirus

Google this link to read the article

Edited by Hopeful
30 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

It's whether this change in behaviour holds SarsCov2 at bay this winter - I suspect it won't be succifient to overcome the increase in transmission.

Lots of denial about this virus, but there has been a huge change in human behaviour and the onset of summer.

Well we are now at mid winter in the southern hemisphere that should give us a some indication of what winter will hold for us 

54 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

I understand the average age of an infected person is now below 40.

That might explain the lack of deaths.

With so many old folk dying the average age of anything must be dropping. Don't know about the USA but the last stats I saw had the UK losing 10,470 aged 90+ to covid.

1 minute ago, Long time lurking said:

Well we are now at mid winter in the southern hemisphere that should give us a some indication of what winter will hold for us 

3000 Melburnians are locked in their homes immediately as Victoria orders Australia's first total shutdown after recording 108 positive COVID-19 tests in second worst daily spike since pandemic started

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8489187/Victoria-records-108-new-coronavirus-infections-second-largest-spike-ever.html

Coronavirus Australia: Melbourne locks down tower blocks as cases rise

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-53289616

1 minute ago, Hopeful said:

3000 Melburnians are locked in their homes immediately as Victoria orders Australia's first total shutdown after recording 108 positive COVID-19 tests in second worst daily spike since pandemic started

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8489187/Victoria-records-108-new-coronavirus-infections-second-largest-spike-ever.html

Coronavirus Australia: Melbourne locks down tower blocks as cases rise

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-53289616

Yep 108 deaths so far since Feb and it`s now mid winter the peak time for  traditional corona viruses 

13 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Instead of putting them in lockdown in a tower block, they should be moving them out. The aerolisation etc. from flushing their toilets is probably the largest part of the problem.

Yep, there was something I saw about sars1 and it mentioned a spread in an apartment complex due to the common soil pipe connecting the flats.

1 minute ago, assetrichcashpoor said:

Yep, there was something I saw about sars1 and it mentioned a spread in an apartment complex due to the common soil pipe connecting the flats.

It was mentioned a while back about testing at sewage works to spot local outbreaks. Does anyone know if this is being done?

17 hours ago, TheBlueCat said:

US is a much younger country than Europe.

And the old n poor tend to die off quicker.

And their migrants dont dont to be TB riddled dossers.

Of course, looking at the figures I think youll agree its all Trump n Cummings fault.

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

US is a much younger country than Europe.

And the old n poor tend to die off quicker.

And their migrants dont dont to be TB riddled dossers.

Of course, looking at the figures I think youll agree its all Trump n Cummings fault.

Bollocks.

It's Gordon Brown who's to one to blame...

XYY