DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Middle class white culture is more important than any other culture.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-53302415

The government has unveiled a £1.57bn support package to help protect the futures of UK theatres, galleries, museums and other cultural venues.

It follows several weeks of pressure, with industry leaders warning that many venues were on the brink of collapse.

Independent cinemas, heritage sites and music venues will also be eligible for the new emergency grants and loans.

icing on the cake of the death throes of britain.  

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Really? The arts have always relied on wealthy sponsors. I don't approve of the taxpayer taking on that role.

I wholeheartedly agree with the thread title. Cultures are not equal; they are all better or worse than other cultures. If you are walking around with a spear and wearing a loincloth then yo

I think of the demise of the working mens clubs, catholic clubs and ex-servicemens places that all supported a constant feed of musical acts and comedy artists a huge proportion now of which are gone.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, One percent said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-53302415

The government has unveiled a £1.57bn support package to help protect the futures of UK theatres, galleries, museums and other cultural venues.

It follows several weeks of pressure, with industry leaders warning that many venues were on the brink of collapse.

Independent cinemas, heritage sites and music venues will also be eligible for the new emergency grants and loans.

icing on the cake of the death throes of britain.  

They could have saved themselves if they wanted to.

But they think themselves too important to do so.

I wholeheartedly agree with the thread title.

Cultures are not equal; they are all better or worse than other cultures.

If you are walking around with a spear and wearing a loincloth then your culture is inferior.

It can certainly continue to exist but don't pretend that it's even approaching the greatest culture that the world has ever produced: European middle class culture.

We win.

2 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

If you are walking around with a spear and wearing a loincloth then your culture is inferior.

It can certainly continue to exist but don't pretend that it's even approaching the greatest culture that the world has ever produced: European middle class culture.

We win.

We should tear down our oppositions statues and destroy their culture.

Oh.... they haven't built any and don't have a functioning one. Doh!

7 minutes ago, ninjaborrower said:

Seems a good idea, people moan when white statues are destroyed, then moan when billions are pumped into preserving the culture,

I bet that 1.5 billion should be handed over to the nhs and add it to the 150 billion, we must have a hospital on every street corner

Yes agree in part but why not pour money into protecting folk music, morris dancing, sword dancing, pubs whippet racing, pigeon fancying?  Why theatre and “the arts”.  

4 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

And minus the best medics.

:ph34r:

Runs away in fear of being jailed for sacrilege.

It’s not that their medics are especially good (or bad) but that they have a lot of them and they do lots of community medicine. It also helps that they don’t get paid that much. Fair play to them though, the statistics show that they do a good job with very little. Life expectancy there is about the same as the US but somewhat lower than Canada and the UK.

Not my cup of tea.

If people go for it fine.

I wouldnt regard it as an essential to my culture. I suspect those pushing it couldnt argue science as a culture.

That said if it can normally make a profit without a subsidy..support it.

If not... well its a dodo.

6 minutes ago, One percent said:

Yes agree in part but why not pour money into protecting folk music, morris dancing, sword dancing, pubs whippet racing, pigeon fancying?  Why theatre and “the arts”.  

Maintaining a orchestra costs more than 4 blokes playing folk music in a pub as a hobby, not that it isnt important,

The things you describe are hobbys that can be kept alive with enthusiasts, its just inverted snobbery to deny money to the arts

23 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

We win.

Thank you Frank.

I'll say it again. It depends if your idea of living is working to provide yourself with the capacity to sit in suburbia watching the telly rutting and reproducing more of the same, or actually having something that a modern western nation would describe as life.

1 minute ago, ninjaborrower said:

Maintaining a orchestra costs more than 4 blokes playing folk music in a pub as a hobby, not that it isnt important,

The things you describe are hobbys that can be kept alive with enthusiasts, its just inverted snobbery to deny money to the arts

Deny money? We're not talking about a massive pile of free money just sitting around doing fuck all. It isn't even my tax money that they're spunking up the wall on this. All this money will be borrowed from the future for my kids to pay off.

And all so that some luvee twat in the here and now can ponce about in tights thinking that they're better then everybody else. What a fucking waste of time.

xD

6 minutes ago, ninjaborrower said:

Completely disagree. If the arts are important to a certain section of the community, let them pay for it. I would rather poke my eye out with a blunt stick than go to the opera. I dont see why i, and others, should support their hobbies through tax money. 

5 minutes ago, One percent said:

Completely disagree. If the arts are important to a certain section of the community, let them pay for it. I would rather poke my eye out with a blunt stick than go to the opera. I dont see why i, and others, should support their hobbies through tax money. 

I dont like paying public sector paper pushers in jobs that serve no purpose,, thats the nature of tax, i dont see why a tiny bit of it shouldnt go towards something that isnt boring for a change,