• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Chewing Grass

Its strangely quiet in the big bad world

Have the TPTB clocked off for the summer, are there no pots for them to stir, have they manipulated things a bit too much earlier in the year and burn't their fingers a bit.

Its very quiet out there or has all the news been D-noticed in favour of D-list celebrity gossip and 'reality' TV programs.

Footnote, D-notices and now officially DSMAs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DSMA-Notice

2 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Well, the Turkish President is saying that he can overrun Europe in 3 days. I think he said Germany would take a day. So, nothing to report really. Just a country threatening to invade us and presumably murder us.

France in 1 hour, I think he'd find a few M51s heating up Ankara, that's assuming the French nuclear subs don't have a load of mozzers on them.

1 minute ago, davidg said:

France in 1 hour, I think he'd find a few M51s heating up Ankara, that's assuming the French nuclear subs don't have a load of mozzers on them.

Well, it is only a matter of time before large parts of European and UK military do.

15 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Have the TPTB clocked off for the summer, are there no pots for them to stir, have they manipulated things a bit too much earlier in the year and burn't their fingers a bit.

Its very quiet out there or has all the news been D-noticed in favour of D-list celebrity gossip and 'reality' TV programs.

Footnote, D-notices and now officially DSMAs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DSMA-Notice

Yep, basically the politcians and the journos go on their equivalent of school hols from about early July. You probably cannot move in Nice now for all the politicians and journos - obviously, none of them are close friends or banging one another  :D

They're on holiday I think? Parliamentary recess? 

Twats. All is quiet while they get their break then they'll be back to talking the talk which is usually shit. Soundbites and maybot stuff. How long will the maybot last! xD

Edited by Economic Exile

2 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

They're on holiday I think? Parliamentary recess? 

Twats. All is quiet while they get their break then they'll be back to talking the talk which is usually shit. Soundbites and maybot stuff. How long will the maybot last! xD

^^^^this in spades. 

It makes you realise that we might actually be better off without our so-called representatives fucking it up. 

12 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Well, it is only a matter of time before large parts of European and UK military do.

Yep, basically the politcians and the journos go on their equivalent of school hols from about early July. You probably cannot move in Nice now for all the politicians and journos - obviously, none of them are close friends or banging one another  :D

This is the time of the year you realise that 90% of the news 'agenda' presented to the public is simply manufactured.

Taken off HPC but worthy of posting here since it offers proof positive that newsreaders everywhere are singing from a single hymn sheet

Note the logos. All the supposedly rival big US News Channels such as Fox,  ABC, CBS are there and appear to be running with exactly the same script.

Edited by Flirtygirty

12 hours ago, Flirtygirty said:

This is the time of the year you realise that 90% of the news 'agenda' presented to the public is simply manufactured.

And 90% of actual news is ignored.

29 minutes ago, One percent said:

And 90 percent of 'news' is not actually news. 

A classic example being the A and O level results which I can guarantee will shortly be turning up on the news.

Since this same event happens every year at the same time it is no more newsworthy than daffodils blooming in the spring. 

The same goes for those endless medical surveys covered by the So-Called BBC breakfast program. An academic study may be of more or less relevance or importance to me but it is not what I would class as 'News'.

Edited by Flirtygirty