DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

3 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Downs girl on news. Model for gucci.

Not enough downs models.

With Sir Starmer wanting all BAME shortlists we need to look at what else is missing.

#not enough conjoined twins reading the news

There aren't enough people from Yorkshire nominated for Oscars. 

Not enough people born in Pately Bridge running tinpot African countries.

Shortarses.  Short leading men are always filmed to look tall and they wear platform shoes etc to achieve this.

Baldies and semi-baldies/crafty-combers. Most actors still have to rug up on telly. Even when they don't wear syrups you notice that the camera is carefully angled not to show bald spots (Robert Webb is a good example of this).

You may recall that some years ago that there was a movement about not being enough people with Downs Syndrome in the media. It resulted in several of them acting in various well-known TV shows but I don't recall any of them becoming news anchors on either side of the Atlantic. Some might think differently.

Thus we did have the Downs Syndrome movement, it became fashionable for a while amongst the celebs, a tiny miniority of people with Downs Syndrome benefited and then the acting profession, and thus the rest of us, quietly forgot about it and moved on.

1 hour ago, sarahbell said:

Downs girl on news. Model for gucci.

Not enough downs models.

With Sir Starmer wanting all BAME shortlists we need to look at what else is missing.

#not enough conjoined twins reading the news

I initially honestly thought you were talking about people living in South Downs area. 

I'd like to see monkeys reading the news or driving Mercedes F1 cars

There aren't enough midget tree surgeons and I can't remember the last time I saw quadriplegic pole vaulters.

White men are constantly stomping on the heads of these poor people, keeping them poor and hopeless, grinding their faces into the dirt and making them eat chippings and moss while laughing.

5 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

People who have ceased to be.

Dead lives matter...

XYY

It's all been done before. Gogol - Dead Souls is a book about a guy buying up worthless paperwork of dead serfs so he can make money by borrowing against them in his get rich quick scheme 

1 hour ago, Funn3r said:

There aren't enough left-handed people on TV. Sinister lives matter.

And how many left-handed politicians are there? 

As for TV - given that the stats say that you're more likely to be LGBT if you're left-handed; if it turns out that left-handers are under-represented, it will be because social pressure has forced many of them to living a out a right-handed lie in order to conform to the norm. 

We need a Sinister Pride Month to redress the balance!

1 hour ago, Bear Hug said:

It's all been done before. Gogol - Dead Souls is a book about a guy buying up worthless paperwork of dead serfs so he can make money by borrowing against them in his get rich quick scheme 

13 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

There was Rentaghost in the 70s.

Also the not very well known 1990s hilarious north-London based comedy about a Jewish ghost, So Haunt Me.

3 minutes ago, unregistered_guest said:

Don't forget Randall and Hopkirk.

Fucking hell lads, it was only a joke...!

I didn't expect the Spanish apparition...

XYY

5 minutes ago, unregistered_guest said:

And how many left-handed politicians are there? 

As for TV - given that the stats say that you're more likely to be LGBT if you're left-handed; if it turns out that left-handers are under-represented, it will be because social pressure has forced many of them to living a out a right-handed lie in order to conform to the norm. 

We need a Sinister Pride Month to redress the balance!

Her Ladyship was never corrected by Miss at school and as such is convinced she is left-handed.

Needless to say, clumsiness and dexterity is not up to scratch and hand-jobs are brutal.

4 hours ago, Austin Allegro said:

Shortarses.  Short leading men are always filmed to look tall and they wear platform shoes etc to achieve this.

And when they do decide to make a film about dwarves, who do they hire for the leading dwarf?

Richard bloody Armitage, who, when he played Guy of Gisborne ,was taller than Little John!

3 minutes ago, unregistered_guest said:

And when they do decide to make a film about dwarves, who do they hire for the leading dwarf?

Richard bloody Armitage, who, when he played Guy of Gisborne ,was taller than Little John!

That dwarfy actor, Warwick something, who's in everything, set up a dwarf theatre company using scaled down sets so that the actors would appear 'normal'. I wonder if he's been forced to grovel and apologise for that yet? It's like making fat women sit on extra wide sofas so that they appear slimmer.