• Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Sign in to follow this  
haroldshand

The two married black athletes stopped in their Mercedes

Recommended Posts

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-53307555

I really have not formed an opinion yet of what I think happened to those two married athletes yesterday who were stopped  in their Mercedes , but there are so many questions.

I listened to the news reports though out the day on the BBC and I listened to reporting as if these two people were racially abused in the worst way as the woman athlete gave an over emotional over blown account of what she claimed happened, and that was the end of it, coppers guilty no question, what is the police story?

I am having trouble believing that in this day and age and even if the coppers had been racist, did they just take it upon themselves that they were going to kick off and just grab that woman and arrest and handcuff her for no reason?, I am really having trouble believing that. Were they stopped and they decided to go into a massive rant?, what really happened. The area where they were stopped had a massive black on black and black drug problem, it is probably near on impossible to not cross the paths of blacks in that area when trying to prevent black crime and then the accusations of racism. Body searches of blacks in recent years has stopped and along with that a massive spike in black on black killings, I am starting to think just keep white officers out of the equation and the stress of being accused of racism all the time and just let get on with it and kill each other, or maybe just have certain areas policed by black police officers now seems the best solution, it least for the hands on face to face stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, haroldshand said:

I listened to the news reports though out the day on the BBC and I listened to reporting as if these two people were racially abused in the worst way as the woman athlete gave an over emotional over blown account of what she claimed happened, and that was the end of it, coppers guilty no question, what is the police story?

They were driving on the wrong side of the road according to police..

Quote

Police say the vehicle had been on the wrong side of the road and the driver sped off when asked to stop.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/53305712

Wouldn't necessarily believe either side without seeing it for myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Libspero said:

They were driving on the wrong side of the road according to police..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/53305712

Wouldn't necessarily believe either side without seeing it for myself.

This is supposed to be a film of it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Libspero said:

They were driving on the wrong side of the road according to police..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/53305712

Wouldn't necessarily believe either side without seeing it for myself.

I suspect there will be lots of video evidence from the police. Dash cam footage from the vehicle, (if Police Interceptors shows how commonly they are fitted to police vehicles ), body cams worn by the officers.

It has been reported that the police superiors and possibly IPCC have seen the video recordings and assert that the officers did not act improperly.

Having just watched the video posted above I now believe the police acted normally and that there is no evidence of alleged racism. The couple in the car were un-cooperative and refused to comply with police requests to exit the vehicle. 

The female police officer remained calm whilst being filmed. 

From what I've seen reported their allegation of racism is based solely on their claim that they were stopped because they are black.

This is the nonsense that we've come to expect from that section of our population. "It's 'cos I'm black, innit"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

And as for Starmers comments at the end of clip it really confirms the adage that if you keep your mouth shut people might think you're stupid, as soon as you say something it confirms their opinion.

Edited by sleepwello'nights
Watched video

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've said elsewhere that it is quite simple -- there'll be video evidence to back up either of the stories -- if the police lied there should be disciplinary action, if the athletes lied then they and the media should issue statements about how the kneejerk cry of 'racism' is itself racist (etc).

But, more than that, if I lived in an area known to have serious crime problems, I wouldn't drive the sort of car preferred by the criminal types (in this case, black Merc with blacked out windows) -- if I did I wouldn't moan about the problems it created.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WTF has married got to do with stopping a blacked-out Mercedes.

Is it to add some sort of extra victimness and social justice points.

If they have to add married to their sob-story you know its all made up bollocks.

Look at me - I'm a victim - I'm more worthy - I want attention - I'm an athlete (honest) - I'm special - Look at me.

Pathetic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Libspero said:

They were driving on the wrong side of the road according to police..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/53305712

Wouldn't necessarily believe either side without seeing it for myself.

Same here.

I want to hear both sides of the story before these police officers are vilified.

Also it is said constantly, the BBC are are now a total disgrace with their reporting, totally biased and one sided, totally out of touch with so many people in the UK today who are now sick to the stomach of divisive virtual signalling 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my heavy touring days I was constantly driving home from gigs at 2 am or even later. I'd get stopped all the time, sometimes doing slightly over the limit and being let off the vast majority of the time.

One time I was in the car with another musician and I got stopped for 'being clocked doing 80 is a sixty' whick was total bolox. Told the copper that I was under 60 and he refused to back down, to which I replied, 'oh, my speedometer must be 25 mph out then.'

The truth is that they were after an excuse to stop someone driving at a time where a high instance of drink driving/drug taking  takes place. They see a young bloke and BINGO! Any excuse to smell your breath and/or take a peak inside your motor.

No histrionics from me - they had no evidence, so I just comply and off I go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

This is supposed to be a film of it.

 

I guess its how the black community reacts to this outrageous event ....... I mean fucking Air Supply Im out of love. Light listening AOR. Hardly fucking Stormyz is it?

And 'portuguese' which seems to be a bit of thread crosser.

I had a google to check.

A clip from European Athletics, in 2014, when hed been 18, so youd expect the full Manuel.

Breathless Iberian accented women interviewer ... well maybe its an English language station?

Wait for it .....

Is that a Manc accent? Im surprised he didnt hit her for weed n pills.

Seriously, does he speak Portguese?

 

For comparison, heres another 18yo Porguese:

 

Who relies on Gary Neville or communication ....

And 10 years later

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, maynardgravy said:

The truth is that they were after an excuse to stop someone driving at a time where a high instance of drink driving/drug taking  takes place. They see a young bloke and BINGO! Any excuse to smell your breath and/or take a peak inside your motor.

Yep, I drove an out of the ordinary motor in the late 1980s, a particularly rare pick-up when nobody had them.

Would get stopped quite often late in the evening.

'Is this your vehicle (sniff-sniff) as we have had reports of a stolen van'

Yes its mine, nice isn't it, its not a van.

Most often it would be OK that's fine Sir.

Sometimes I would have produce your documents, which I never left in 'the van' so would always say a Police Station out of their patch as I knew that required them to do more paperwork.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Yep, I drove an out of the ordinary motor in the late 1980s, a particularly rare pick-up when nobody had them.

Would get stopped quite often late in the evening.

'Is this your vehicle (sniff-sniff) as we have had reports of a stolen van'

Yes its mine, nice isn't it, its not a van.

Most often it would be OK that's fine Sir.

Sometimes I would have produce your documents, which I never left in 'the van' so would always say a Police Station out of their patch as I knew that required them to do more paperwork.

I asked for a season ticket once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

From the video taken out of the rear window you can make out what looks like the police van for a fraction of a second.  It seems to be following at a fair distance.  It's impossible to see from the video if the police van's lights were flashing in pursuit and to demand the car driver stop .  On those narrow streets with parking both sides driving a bit on the wrong side must happen all the time in a large car.   The car driver seemed to put his foot down a bit maybe - maybe he just wanted to sort it out at his home rather than some maybe short distance away.

Were they charged with anything.

It'll be interesting to hear the police version that is if it's ever released. 

All the officers surrounding the car and the approach with the baton aggressively drawn was a bit shocking but giving the benefit of the doubt maybe they couldn't see inside to see it was a family inside rather than a couple of armed drug dealers.

None of it is very conclusive as there's no video about what sparked it all off in the beginning.  It seemed to be overreaction by all concerned.

How things have changed in the UK and it seems to get no better as time goes on.

Edited by twocents

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dashcam, bodycam, every CCTV. 
There'll be footage.


Discussion on twitter about what constitutes driving suspiciously and what's likely to draw attention to you.

Too fast, too slow, too few indicators, too many indicators, too many people in the car, broken lights, failing to stop at various traffic signals, driving in a manner likely to indicate the use of drugs or booze or no licence.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, haroldshand said:

I want to hear both sides of the story before these police officers are vilified.

It is notable in the video that the tone of the officers goes from pretty aggressive (like they were expecting trouble) to a lot calmer when they realise they are just a family who didn't stop when they should have.

Why they wanted them to stop in the first place is the only real mystery I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, maynardgravy said:

In my heavy touring days I was constantly driving home from gigs at 2 am or even later. I'd get stopped all the time, sometimes doing slightly over the limit and being let off the vast majority of the time.

One time I was in the car with another musician and I got stopped for 'being clocked doing 80 is a sixty' whick was total bolox. Told the copper that I was under 60 and he refused to back down, to which I replied, 'oh, my speedometer must be 25 mph out then.'

The truth is that they were after an excuse to stop someone driving at a time where a high instance of drink driving/drug taking  takes place. They see a young bloke and BINGO! Any excuse to smell your breath and/or take a peak inside your motor.

No histrionics from me - they had no evidence, so I just comply and off I go.

Same sort of thing was happening to me early 80s. Always getting stopped by the old bill for some (mostly made up) reason and them looking for drugs or signs of being over the limited.

Must have been breathalysed at least 13 times. Twice on London Bridge within 5 minutes. South side first, North side second. Tried to tell them I'd just been been tested but to no avail. Passed them all.

Car ripped apart by a specialist police car team in Holborn. Must have been 8 of them looking for drugs so they said - took about an hour.

Ending up getting a fine and a point for no water in my windscreen wiper bottle. The list of nonsense is endless. 

Never got stopped again once I had turned 30. 

Was I profiled ? Of course I was - they hated punk  rock and blokes who looked "weird".

I think you can work out what I think of police "intelligence". 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Libspero said:

It is notable in the video that the tone of the officers goes from pretty aggressive (like they were expecting trouble) to a lot calmer when they realise they are just a family who didn't stop when they should have.

Why they wanted them to stop in the first place is the only real mystery I think.

They had a brake light out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Libspero said:

It is notable in the video that the tone of the officers goes from pretty aggressive (like they were expecting trouble) to a lot calmer when they realise they are just a family who didn't stop when they should have.

Why they wanted them to stop in the first place is the only real mystery I think.

Because plod is institutionally racist innit.

Despite 20+ years of weeding out anyone who doesn't read Stalin's 5 year plan out to their kids as a bedtime story, despite taking the knee to a bunch of family hating Black Panthers in disguise. Despite risking their job if they dare stop anyone who isn't puce,. Despite lowering of BAME induction standards.... they are still institutionally racist.

Go figure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.