DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Cancel cancel culture

End Cancel Culture please

https://twitter.com/i/events/1280824058121039873

An open letter calling for an end to 'cancel culture' signed by JK Rowling, Margaret Atwood and many more has stirred a debate
The letter will be published in Harper’s Magazine, and includes signatures from activist Noam Chomsky, New York Times opinion editor Bari Weiss, author Salman Rushdie and Martin Amis. All in, 150 figures signed the letter. However, some signatories have asked for their names to be removed.

Wow.
So people are so scared of asking for something that they ask to have their names removed.
Why? Did they not understand what it was for or are they being hounded for an opinion?
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Salman Rushdi has some moral authority on this one I think. The rest of them all helped to create cancel culture in the first place so can fuck right off.

Being a famous person right now must be like walking a tightrope over shark infested waters.  Today's right becomes tomorrow's wrong and whoops you've ended up on the bad side of the tracks.  The bloo

The problem is that there are very few luvvies, including Mrs Potter, who weren't all in favour of this stuff when it was Tommy Robinson being shut down. Now, I have often thought that some peopl

Posted Images

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

End Cancel Culture please

https://twitter.com/i/events/1280824058121039873

An open letter calling for an end to 'cancel culture' signed by JK Rowling, Margaret Atwood and many more has stirred a debate
The letter will be published in Harper’s Magazine, and includes signatures from activist Noam Chomsky, New York Times opinion editor Bari Weiss, author Salman Rushdie and Martin Amis. All in, 150 figures signed the letter. However, some signatories have asked for their names to be removed.

Wow.
So people are so scared of asking for something that they ask to have their names removed.
Why? Did they not understand what it was for or are they being hounded for an opinion?

Some signatories wanting to cancel the cancel culture then cancelled their signature.  It helps to explain the mess we're in.  They must believe in the cancel cancel cancel culture - anonymously.

Edited by twocents
2 hours ago, TheBlueCat said:

Salman Rushdi has some moral authority on this one I think. The rest of them all helped to create cancel culture in the first place so can fuck right off.

Quite they unleashed the monster and will expect their hated underlings to deal with it.

Those fuckers can go over the top this time.

2 hours ago, TheBlueCat said:

Quite. 

I remember the year the fatwa was served as I was coming up on my GCSEs. My completely unacademic best mate who had started his bricklaying apprenticeship arrived at my folks place in a right state after running there, completely out of breath "Have you seen the news? Put the TV on. They're burning books in the fucking street Liberty".

We have recalled that day a lot over the last 30 years.

JK Rowling seems to have gone from SJW-in-Chief to seemingly sensible in the last half a year. I think she has had her eyes opened by the militant Trans brigade. It may not seem like it but people are clocking on to all this shite.

I was talking with my partner’s dad who was under the belief that the BLM movement is achieving a great deal. I had to contradict and say that it is quite the opposite and is opening peoples eyes.

The “cancel culture” could only go so far before everybody would get pissed about something they like being cancelled. It is fine if it is somebody else’s interests/media/comedy/history being binned - but then eventually it hits you and then you realise...ah yes, this is fucking stupid. CLOWN WORLD.

7 minutes ago, DownwardSpiral said:

JK Rowling seems to have gone from SJW-in-Chief to seemingly sensible in the last half a year. I think she has had her eyes opened by the militant Trans brigade. It may not seem like it but people are clocking on to all this shite.

I was talking with my partner’s dad who was under the belief that the BLM movement is achieving a great deal. I had to contradict and say that it is quite the opposite and is opening peoples eyes.

The “cancel culture” could only go so far before everybody would get pissed about something they like being cancelled. It is fine if it is somebody else’s interests/media/comedy/history being binned - but then eventually it hits you and then you realise...ah yes, this is fucking stupid. CLOWN WORLD.

Worse. Than. Fatcher. And. Hitler.

11 minutes ago, DownwardSpiral said:

She should have stayed out of it in the fucking first place. Problem with the likes of Rowling is she had no idea what she was dealing with. 

Each man's death diminishes me,
For I am involved in mankind.
Therefore, send not to know
For whom the bell tolls,
It tolls for thee.

6 minutes ago, JackieO said:

Germaine Greer got there before her.

Despise both of them but at least they woke the fuck up.

Poacher turned gamekeeper, but all too late. Fuck them both, they'll never admit they were wrong.

23 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

She should have stayed out of it in the fucking first place. Problem with the likes of Rowling is she had no idea what she was dealing with. 

Each man's death diminishes me,
For I am involved in mankind.
Therefore, send not to know
For whom the bell tolls,
It tolls for thee.

Poacher turned gamekeeper, but all too late. Fuck them both, they'll never admit they were wrong.

Better late than never.

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Worse. Than. Fatcher. And. Hitler.

The cancel culture doesn't seem to have one single person to attribute that ideology to as it's form of mob rule - unless the names to be tagged to it are the owners of twitter, facebook and youtube etc.

Edited by twocents
1 hour ago, MrPin said:

I like Mr Chomski. He is a good thinker.

I like his mathematical stuff - the Chomsky hierarchy is quite an achievement - but his political stuff is wank.

Looking at the full list of signatures I realize I was a bit hasty to judge though. David Frum, Malcolm Gladwell, Wynton Marsalis and a few others have never been cancel mob participants of any sort that I’m aware of. Frum for example debated Steve Bannon live here in Toronto and had to run a gauntlet of screaming SJW snowflakes to do so. And Malcolm Gladwell has made the presumably indefensible point that, when cops shoot innocent people, there are sometimes explanations other than them being racists.

Posted (edited)

The problem with J K Rowling is that she can’t quite fathom how she’s been scoring all the woke points for decades with her pro-feminism/anti-male views with her sycophants orbiting around her but suddenly the tide has turned.

Clown world has come to town, her points have all been cancelled and shes just not woke after all. Oh dear.

She can’t quite accept to lose her woke ranking however as obviously she’s been right all these years with her opinions in everything. She will dig herself a bigger hole whilst battling the narrative, just like everyone else who found out the hard way. Truly the left eating the left and quite amusing to watch.

Edited by Sideysid
9 minutes ago, 201p said:

If you are in the philanthropist league, how virtue signalling should work is that you quietly go away and do these deeds. Let the people you help tell others, you don't have to do the broadcasting. Let your actions speak for you.

Careful now, the last person to say something as radical as that got nailed to a cross...

Ah I have a story from our quaint farming village that I must share!

One day this person visited our poor village. Somehow he caused quite a stir, a crowd gathered. He cured people with Leprosy, and gave sight to the blind. He even fed 5000 of us that were starving with just 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish! Amazing! But what surprised me is that he didn't broadcast this using the Book social media network at the time. He let others do it for him, including such authors as Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

37 minutes ago, 201p said:

Ah I have a story from our quaint farming village that I must share!

One day this person visited our poor village. Somehow he caused quite a stir, a crowd gathered. He cured people with Leprosy, and gave sight to the blind. He even fed 5000 of us that were starving with just 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish! Amazing! But what surprised me is that he didn't broadcast this using the Book social media network at the time. He let others do it for him, including such authors as Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

Yeah, but Matthew, Mark, Luke and John were influencers who got backstage passes in return.  Judas refused to be bribed and got nothing except a small bag of coins!

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, 201p said:

Interestingly, Jesus tried a twitter account - but he was called out for liking the Nazis, and banned.

https://babylonbee.com/news/jesus-ratioed-on-twitter-for-saying-love-your-enemies

(Shruggs)

One more reason not to be on the platform.

"Ratioed".

You know there's a culture attack happening when day after day you have to search for the meaning of more and more words you've never heard before.

Edited by twocents
3 hours ago, Sideysid said:

The problem with J K Rowling is that she can’t quite fathom how she’s been scoring all the woke points for decades with her pro-feminism/anti-male views with her sycophants orbiting around her but suddenly the tide has turned.

Clown world has come to town, her points have all been cancelled and shes just not woke after all. Oh dear.

She can’t quite accept to lose her woke ranking however as obviously she’s been right all these years with her opinions in everything. She will dig herself a bigger hole whilst battling the narrative, just like everyone else who found out the hard way. Truly the left eating the left and quite amusing to watch.

It's not the left eating itself. 
They go after their own harder than they go after their political enemies. They have too, to stop others breaking ranks. 

This is a struggle session.  

2 hours ago, wherebee said:

Yeah, but Matthew, Mark, Luke and John were influencers who got backstage passes in return.  Judas refused to be bribed and got nothing except a small bag of coins!

I'm sure I've mentioned the Sawi people here before. A tribe which, when told the gospel story, revered Judas as the perfect man because of the artfulness of his betrayal of Jesus...