DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Murder King running out of milk shakes

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd have a Burger King meal over McDonald's everytime.   I appreciate that is like saying I prefer the smell of Dog poo to Cat poo. 

McDonalds is sound.  Tasty burgers at a decent price, end of. The snobbery on here makes me fucking cringe sometimes...   XYY

McDOnalds isn't cheap any more. Costs about £7 for a meal, and you leave hungry. May as well spend another £1 and go to Burger King, at least you end up with that feeling that you should have after ea

The problem is that their menu is really shit, same with McDonalds, they are only selling 3 items from the entire menu. I am not interested in eating a Whopper or a Chicken McBurger something or other.

There are clearly some huge problems with stock and supply still, not just in fast food but in all businesses pretty much. I don't understand why though, surely there are enough potatoes, cows and lettuces around to keep up with (reduced) demand.

Why isn't this being discussed as the reason?

When I worked in Burger King the meat was from Thailand, so perhaps that's a reason.

1 minute ago, Libspero said:

Free money!..   we demand free money or we’ll start sacking people!

¬¬

If BK are going to close “restaurants” then they would have done it anyway..  if anyone can absorb a few lean months it’s the fast food industry.   Also,  aren’t they all franchises?  

It’s such a shame isn’t it? Also Boots and John Lewis. I’m so saddened.

13 minutes ago, spunko said:

The problem is that their menu is really shit, same with McDonalds, they are only selling 3 items from the entire menu. I am not interested in eating a Whopper or a Chicken McBurger something or other.

There are clearly some huge problems with stock and supply still, not just in fast food but in all businesses pretty much. I don't understand why though, surely there are enough potatoes, cows and lettuces around to keep up with (reduced) demand.

When I worked in Burger King the meat was from Thailand, so perhaps that's a reason.

because you can't have enough staff in the place close together to do the full menu.

The kitchens are just not big enough.

Thinking back to the McDs kitchen layout you could have one person on burgers, one on chicken and fish (bleurggh) and one on fries. Without getting too close. But that'd be it. The people keeping stuff stocked up would have to dance around all of them.

57 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

I read somewhere that Maccy D is basically a property business, they make their money from flipping property and land rather than the burgers that are cooked on it. BK I think mostly rents their premises so that may be why they are having difficulties.

Snacca twatty cat was making that claim.

I've heard it before.

Cant remember the thread but I'd posted an article where a large MaccyD franchisee was pretending to be rich by telling everyone how many millions he made. Except his margins were fucking tiny, comedy so.

Most franchise appear to be ex MaccyD managers. Fuck knows why they csnt read the books.

Snacca was going - Oh, its the real estate that matters, ignoring how cyclical real estate. And how fucking bad commercial RE has been for the last 5 years.

Theres MaccyD the company. And theres the franchisee. Its murky.

On the margins MaccyD operate on, these closure will have trashed 10 years earnings.

1 hour ago, spunko said:

First org that starts rolling out a MaccyVegi equivalent will clear up.

Entire vegetarian fast food.

Much easier food handling as limited contamination risk.

Butler King franchisees all seem to be Filipino.

i'll go there if they have one of those whopper + fries for £1.99 vouchers. Provide my own drink. Eat outside. Anything more and you are into spoons/next level from bottom territory.

No idea if they make a profit for a burger and fries at 1.99. Theyve been that price for about 15 years or so now. But, like I say, any higher and you may as well go spoons. Bigger portions, nicer surrounding (usually), more attractive staff etc. 

31 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

McDonalds is sound. 

Tasty burgers at a decent price, end of.

The snobbery on here makes me fucking cringe sometimes...

XYY

McDOnalds isn't cheap any more. Costs about £7 for a meal, and you leave hungry. May as well spend another £1 and go to Burger King, at least you end up with that feeling that you should have after eating fast food, i.e. a mix of guilt, regret and wanting to lie down.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, spunko said:

McDOnalds isn't cheap any more. Costs about £7 for a meal, and you leave hungry. May as well spend another £1 and go to Burger King, at least you end up with that feeling that you should have after eating fast food, i.e. a mix of guilt, regret and wanting to lie down.

Meal...? What kind of loser buys the meal...?

Just buy the burgers. They're lovely, and very filling if you eat enough of them.

You can get a Big Mac and a Quarterpounder with Cheese for seven quid in Peterlee.

Or if you insist on the chips and Coke, then get a Big Tasty with bacon meal. Does exactly what it says on the box.

It's fucking big, and it's fucking tasty...

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man
12 minutes ago, spunko said:

Being a vegetarian ive never eaten a maccyds.

They didn't arrive in the NE til 1987. I'd long given up eating meat by then.

Ditto I've never had a kebab.

My daughter eats them now I can take the pickle off on the electronic order.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Being a vegetarian ive never eaten a maccyds.

They didn't arrive in the NE til 1987.

"Being a vegetarian" isn't the reason you've never eaten one, and is clearly a euphemism for being locked-up in you mam's back bedroom since 1987...!

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man
23 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

"Being a vegetarian" isn't the reason you've never eaten one, and is clearly a euphemism for being locked-up in you mam's back bedroom since 1987...!

XYY

To be honest, unlike middle fuckers like you, I didn't have spare cash til I was 22.

53 minutes ago, spygirl said:

First org that starts rolling out a MaccyVegi equivalent will clear up.

Entire vegetarian fast food.

I really don't know why not. 45 years ago being a vegetarian was a niche thing and people looked at me like WTF? Even then there were one or two veg snack bars in trendy places like Covent Garden. Now veg is definitely mainstream yet still nothing around for fast food. I suppose you could call Pret-a-Manger cheese sandwiches veg fast food kind of. I like McDonalds and BK but they don't want my money so I just have their excellent coffee and watch my kids scoff their whopperburgers.

4 minutes ago, spygirl said:

To be honest, unlike middle fuckers like you, I didn't have spare cash til I was 22.

I presume your typo was meant to read "middle CLASS fuckers like you"...?

In which case you are even more delusional than I thought.

Middle class...? Me...?

Fuck off, you daft cunt...

XYY

38 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Meal...? What kind of loser buys the meal...?

Just buy the burgers. They're lovely, and very filling if you eat enough of them.

You can get a Big Mac and a Quarterpounder with Cheese for seven quid in Peterlee.

Or if you insist on the chips and Coke, then get a Big Tasty with bacon meal. Does exactly what it says on the box.

It's fucking big, and it's fucking tasty...

XYY

Agree entirely - was forced to one the other day and I just asked for fries as all the 'menu' offerings were the BIG ADVERTISED FAVORITES like Big Mac and McRooster for 3.50 a piece or 50p extra if you want fries and some HFCS to turn it into a meal.

31 minutes ago, Libspero said:

True.

You can buy 7 hamburgers in McD for £7.

If that doesn’t leave you feeling fat, guilty and bloated nothing will :ph34r:

Hence this is the correct approach, just buy simple 99p cheeseburgers or chicken whatever they are and get 4 of them.  Go source a drink from the local tesco express or whatever is next door.

Just had a thought, I've never asked for a 'tap water' in McD's but that is one place I would seriously be temped too (anywhere else I'd buy an actual drink).

Personally if they can be avoided I'd swerve them, even weatherspoons allow kids, but they don't yet have drive thru.