• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sarahbell

The new phrases

3 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

Doesn't worry me. I have no idea what it means though.

It means the gender that I identify with matches the biological sex I was assigned at birth. So apparently I'm a Cis woman, I'm just a woman I don't require the definition of me to be changed.

Edited by Dipsy

8 minutes ago, Dipsy said:

It means the gender that I identify with matches the biological sex I was assigned at birth. 

What a load of old bollox, is this sort of nonsense widespread ? 

49 minutes ago, Malthus said:

What a load of old bollox, is this sort of nonsense widespread ? 

Becoming more so unfortunately. If as a woman you question it you are a TERF, trans exclusionary radical feminist.

It's spreading for sure, but only in the same way as 'right on' type bullshit was in the 70's. It just needed a dose of 'Rick' from the young ones and a touch of citizen Smith to help everyone wake up and smell the bullshit. 

Hoping someone will come up with some sort of sitcom soon. Maybe "Trans-plant", Trans-phats" or "Pronoun clown".

Discourser-of-kruphix's criticism of calamtys-child's grammar is terribly microaggressive and impinges on her safe space.

Talking of 'your' pronouns implies ownership, which is exclusive behaviour and as we all know, property is theft.

On 05/08/2017 at 09:25, sarahbell said:

20526047_1440198776073529_51139826075644

What if I "identify" as a person who is perfectly capable of selecting their own phrasing? I don't see why they have to be so inconsiderate as to invalidate my existence! Phrasism is as bad as racism!! Me, me, me!!! 

Surely by having to ask someone what pronouns they prefer you are identifying them as being different? The vast, vast majority of people are easily identifiable as Male or Female. Asking someone about their pronouns could be potentially embarrassing and social awkward and just means that you are confused about their gender. 

Next time I visit the council office or chat to a policeman I will ask them what pronouns they prefer as those organisations seem to be big fans of this type of thing.

Edited by Fossildog

Can we have a thread (okay this thread) about how everyone sounds the same nowadays. I suppose it's a fad like many before it, but what really irritates me is when people begin sentences with "So" and/or "I mean". Both tends to be millennials or younger.

Am I the only one who finds this grammatically incorrect and therefore annoying.

Edit: clearly not

So, I'm like, I'm literally, like I mean, FUCK OFF.

Cis people

A lot of this stuff and these ideas can be explained by Bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE).  The timing is right for it to increasingly emerge amongst the population.

It's starting to become more evident and more widespread in the population now and amongst those young adults who have increasing influence in moulding opinions and policies.  Although present in all age groups the older age groups don't tend to want to change the world so much - except the political class.

It's entirely to be expected

Edited by twocents

45 minutes ago, Horrified Onlooker said:

Is anyone prepared to challenge this nonsense, not on the grounds of common sense, but because the language is being contorted like a Hungarian gymnast inside a suitcase?

We're on the cusp of English becoming a barrier to communication....

It's deliberate.  Control language and you control thought 

1 hour ago, One percent said:

They are after the shoes now.  Cannot gender shoes. Need to be gender neutral. Ffs

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40916607

Why do shoes need names? Just give them a barcode number for the checkout, stick them on the shelf and let the customer decide which ones they want, you wouldn't need to worry about what bloody gender they were.