DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

COVID-1984: Compulsory Masks In Shops

Will you be wearing a face mask in shops?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be wearing a face mask in shops?

• Yes, I don't see the big issue
    • Yes, but I resent it
    • Not sure, depends if others do
    • No, I refuse outright
    • Not in England / Other

This poll is closed to new votes

Not come in yet,  but sounds like Boris is softening us up for it.

Apologies if already mentioned somewhere, but seemed worth a thread of its own.

Making face coverings mandatory in shops in England is being considered by the government to slow the spread of coronavirus, senior sources have said.

Speaking in a Facebook Q&A video, Boris Johnson hinted at the change saying: "We are looking at ways of making sure that people really do have face coverings in shops."

Edited by spunko
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I might sound insane but fuck it, when you live alone and sometimes don’t meet with people for days at a time, it can make you feel a bit more connected with humanity to wander around a shop and just

That will really put me off shopping..  I’ll probably go back to lockdown shopping habits just to avoid the hassle / faff.

Lots of Chinese people wore masks before this virus appeared. Masks at this stage have very little to do with the control of this viruses and everything to do with the control of people, in my op

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Libspero said:

Not come in yet,  but sounds like Boris is softening us up for it.

Apologies if already mentioned somewhere, but seemed worth a thread of its own.

It’s already mandatory in Scotland from today to wear face coverings in shops.

Saw plenty folk today leaving shops and pulling their face covering or manufactured mask down or taking it off.

What a farce!

I can’t be arsed and don’t believe in mask wearing for all so will be reducing my shop visits more than I have already.

Edited by Van Lady

Started today in jockland. Herr Sturgeon had to be different of course. 

I went into Lidl and wore one as I just couldn't be arsed if some cunt gave me shite for it. 

About 90% wore them. Quite a few didn't. Mostly Polish as far as my guess would go. 

No signs or anything to tell anyone entering of the new rules. 

1 minute ago, Chewing Grass said:

Depends what he means by shops.

Mr Patels?

B&Q Warehouse?

Supermarket?

They will have to do Buses, Pubs, etc and should force shops to supply disposable ones FOC to avoid discriminating against women who can't afford sanitary products.

All shops/retail outlets in Scotland. I’ll be wearing a scarf wrapped over my face when I go in. I’m not paying for any crappy masks or wearing any gifted homemade ones.

2 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

All shops/retail outlets in Scotland. I’ll be wearing a scarf wrapped over my face when I go in. I’m not paying for any crappy masks or wearing any gifted homemade ones.

I went in to the train station to get one for free last week. I don't want to pay for this shite. 

#Tight

#Jock

#Cunt

3 minutes ago, ccc said:

Started today in jockland. Herr Sturgeon had to be different of course. 

I went into Lidl and wore one as I just couldn't be arsed if some cunt gave me shite for it. 

Yes, I’m going to wrap a scarf over my face only to avoid the local rural statsi whining. Makes life easier!

So the government is quite happy to spunk billions left-right and centre yet is incapable of supplying disposable face masks to every house or shop  in the UK but mandates that you either improvise or deal with racketeers.

Gas masks were issued to all British civilians at the start of World War Two. An advisor to the government – Liddell Hart – told the government to expect 250,000 deaths in the first week of the war alone. 

So we could kit everyone out with a gas-mask pronto in 1939/40 yet can even supply disposable paper things to everyone in the 21st century.

We truly are an incapable country run by sound-bites.

1 minute ago, ccc said:

I went in to the train station to get one for free last week. I don't want to pay for this shite. 

#Tight

#Jock

#Cunt

Aye, like me you won’t ever bother washing your face covering either xD

That’s what makes mandatory face coverings a farce though. How many people are going to follow the correct protocol for their use?

The majority, in my opinion, will use the same face covering until they spew up into it or dribble grease from a burger onto it.

Utter farce!

Went into Sainsbury's earlier this evening and 100% of customers wearing, was very strange as just a few days ago seemed like 30% were wearing.

Felt most sorry for the staff who clearly have to wear one all shift.  Also didn't notice if they were giving them out at the door but I assume they were.  Also was surprised to see nobody in a scarf or whatnot but I assume that's because of the above getting at the door.

Weird seeing little kids wearing too.

A colleague whose son works in M&s says he only has to wear a visor though not sure how accurate that is.  He said it was something about the customer needing to see your smile.

35 minutes ago, ccc said:

Same here. I've downgraded from a P3 to one of those shitty surgical masks, I'm saving my P3 for some important DIY I'll be getting on with in the future.

Edited by Panther

There's an easy way around this. 

You just have to have a medical condition / disability that means you can't wear a mask (examples are things like asthma / anxiety (which wearing a mask would make worse)  etc)

... of course someone asking you for details of your medical condition would mean you divulging personal medical information - to a non-medical professional not invovled in your medical care ... which of course you are NOT going to do are you ....

• spunko featured this topic