DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

COVID-1984: Compulsory Masks In Shops

Will you be wearing a face mask in shops?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be wearing a face mask in shops?

• Yes, I don't see the big issue
    • Yes, but I resent it
    • Not sure, depends if others do
    • No, I refuse outright
    • Not in England / Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I might sound insane but fuck it, when you live alone and sometimes don’t meet with people for days at a time, it can make you feel a bit more connected with humanity to wander around a shop and just

That will really put me off shopping..  I’ll probably go back to lockdown shopping habits just to avoid the hassle / faff.

Lots of Chinese people wore masks before this virus appeared. Masks at this stage have very little to do with the control of this viruses and everything to do with the control of people, in my op

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

Why what would it achieve other than a better knowledge of the subject that will serve very little to no purpose to them

If you understand then, you can make informed personal decisions. I'd say that serves quite a useful purpose.

If someone says go in that room, it's full of hydrogen cyanide, you'll be OK, It might be useful to have a basic knowldege that hyrdogen cyanide is lethal and so the person is lying.

Edited by Hopeful
5 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

The government is making the decisions here,regardless to how informed anyone is 

The Govenrment is making decisions because people aren't informed or can't be bothered to be informed, or prefer to follow the likes of David Icke.

If people knew how to cope with a vrius, what affects transmission, who is vulnerable, how they can make themselves less vulnerable etc, the government wouldn't have to micromanage the population.

1 minute ago, Hopeful said:

The Govenrment is making decisions because people aren't informed or can't be bothered to be informed, or prefer to follow the likes of David Icke.

If people knew how to cope with a vrius, what affects transmission, who is vulnerable, how they can make themselves less vulnerable etc, the government wouldn't have to micromanage the population.

And you live in a dream world , the government are making decisions because they can 

Are you telling me everyone in Brazil are all clued up and that`s why their government did not lock down

There is a lack of far more relevant knowledge that needs to be address before they get anywhere near what you are suggesting and they will do neither as the public are not interested 

Just now, Long time lurking said:

And you live in a dream world , the government are making decisions because they can 

Are you telling me everyone in Brazil are all clued up and that`s why their government did not lock down

There is a lack of far more relevant knowledge that needs to be address before they get anywhere near what you are suggesting and they will do neither as the public are not interested 

Well, if the public are not interested the public gets what it deserves.

3 minutes ago, A tremendous # on the lung said:

What's your opinion on what a few posters have said on the other thread re: lowered immune system due to 6 months social distancing. Is that likely to be a thing? 

No idea, not my field, and never paid attention to it

Doesn't stop me having an opinion though xD.

Gut feeling, 6 months, not a  big effect. Most people's immune systems aren't normally challenged that much during the late spring- summer- early Autumn , at least not with respiratory viruses.

Edited by Hopeful
9 hours ago, Hopeful said:

I don't care about this virus as it's clearly of minimal risk to me. Like many other ailments out there. 

I think anyone getting worried by this thing - after 6+ months of evidence that it's really no big deal - are bordering if not well over the line of being temporarily mentally ill. 

If anyone is a person with proper OCD tendencies, there has never been a better time to go to the airport and get on a plane. 

Nearly empty. Everyone avoiding each other. Masked up. Washing hands constantly. Nobody coughing. Place getting bleached down non stop.

It should be the OCD dream. xD

4 hours ago, ccc said:

If anyone is a person with proper OCD tendencies, there has never been a better time to go to the airport and get on a plane. 

Nearly empty. Everyone avoiding each other. Masked up. Washing hands constantly. Nobody coughing. Place getting bleached down non stop.

It should be the OCD dream. xD

What? That's a turn of phrase surely? Or could you smell bleach?

13 hours ago, Hopeful said:

The Govenrment is making decisions because people aren't informed or can't be bothered to be informed, or prefer to follow the likes of David Icke.

No idea, not my field, and never paid attention to it

Doesn't stop me having an opinion though xD.

Gut feeling, 6 months, not a  big effect. Most people's immune systems aren't normally challenged that much during the late spring- summer- early Autumn , at least not with respiratory viruses.

First point, you would be as well following the advice of David Icke as the likes of Chris Whitty or Matt Hancock.

Second point, Lack of sleep has a profound deleterious effect on the immune system, with just 1 nights broken or curtailed sleep having an immediate effect, ie next day. So while I tend towards agreement, I would keep an open mind on how much and how rapid an effect lack of exposure to everyday germs and lack of social contact, in all its forms has on the immune system.

I remember reading a study that showed a dramatic reduction in illnesses of all kinds in people experiencIng short and medium term love affairs. This is probably because all that sharing of bodily fluids means that you are in effect sharing the other persons immune system, your body taking advantage of their immunities.

DYOR 😂

Edited by Mirror Mirror
12 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

What? That's a turn of phrase surely? Or could you smell bleach?

I just mean generally being properly cleaned with bleach sprays etc compared to normal. 

People with OCD are obsessed with this shite. So travel today is what they would be looking for. If they won't get on a plane today they never will. 

Still no mask, still nothing said or done.

It's also still bizarre looking round shops and seeing everyone (almost everyone anyway) wearing masks, I see young guys wearing them and think "you fucking pussy, get a grip", everyone's just obeying, and that worries me way more than the chance I might die of the coof.