DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

COVID-1984: Compulsory Masks In Shops

Will you be wearing a face mask in shops?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be wearing a face mask in shops?

• Yes, I don't see the big issue
    • Yes, but I resent it
    • Not sure, depends if others do
    • No, I refuse outright
    • Not in England / Other

This poll is closed to new votes

4 minutes ago, Conniption said:

A DC insider warned an up-and-coming junior to never accept any invitation to any private party. If you did, some drug would inevitably be slipped into your drink and you would awaken hours later completely naked with a polaroid on your chest showing you lying there with several small children in states of undress crawling all over you.

This is also a big tactic in Freemasonry to keep men compliant. Cheap and effective, too.

The polaroid touch is inspired since they cannot be readily altered and simply are what they are.

That's probably the least of it too.

Evil, no other word for it. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I might sound insane but fuck it, when you live alone and sometimes don’t meet with people for days at a time, it can make you feel a bit more connected with humanity to wander around a shop and just

That will really put me off shopping..  I’ll probably go back to lockdown shopping habits just to avoid the hassle / faff.

Lots of Chinese people wore masks before this virus appeared. Masks at this stage have very little to do with the control of this viruses and everything to do with the control of people, in my op

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Conniption said:

A DC insider warned an up-and-coming junior to never accept any invitation to any private party. If you did, some drug would inevitably be slipped into your drink and you would awaken hours later completely naked with a polaroid on your chest showing you lying there with several small children in states of undress crawling all over you.

This is also a big tactic in Freemasonry to keep men compliant. Cheap and effective, too.

The polaroid touch is inspired since they cannot be readily altered and simply are what they are.

This is how it's done, Godfather II - set in the 50s. Great scene, obviously written with some insight. "It'll be like she never existed, all that's left is our friendship"

Edited by Roger_Mellie

Not food poisoning as such, but I vividly remember a Christmas where the entire family went down with norovirus over the course of a couple of days. We didn't have enough toilets! I wonder if rigorous handwashing would have made a difference?

Went to Tescos again this morning. Masked woman on the door, but I walked right past her without incident. A handful of other unmasked refuseniks, mostly young women this time, but otherwise all zombies. Was worried when the lass opening a new till was masked,  but she took it off as soon as she sat down! I guess being behind a perspex screen was enough for her / management / Bojo's latest bullshit rules. Ditto when I went to fill up with petrol the other day, the first time since masks came in. I was worried that they wouldn't unlock the pump without seeing a mask, but the unmasked guy behind the till (and screen) didn't give a shit. This induced anxiety about unlikely confrontations pisses me off, but I suppose it's good to confront your fears. So I said "fuck it" to any possible item limits, and bought a load of tins. Without incident! :)

I don't like where it is all going.

2 hours ago, Funn3r said:

Contra voice here - twice in my life I have had very severe food poisoning, meaning spending three days in or close to the bathroom with sluices open at both ends. It also knocks you out physically to the point where something like climbing a small flight of steps is impossible. That's twice in a long period of time which shows that the risk is quite small but I have a very strong feeling that both could have been prevented if some cunt had washed his or her hands between taking a dump and dishing me up some food.

I've had it twice. A single dodgy mussel from a very classy french place in Edinburgh. Only consolation was it went through me incredibly fast and I actually made it to the boozer the next day. Utterly horrific at the time though.

Other time in Vietnam. No idea what from. This lasted a few days. 

When I cook I'm very hygienic. But aside from that not particularly. 

I've also eaten huge amounts of dodgy food in numerous dodgy countries. And from numerous dodgy places in the UK. I've eaten actual "street food" in places like Mumbai and Bangalore. 

So twice really isn't too much if I look at the sheer numbers. 

And I'm not including a bit of an iffy stomach/runny shits in this. Only proper projectile want to kill yourself type affairs. Anyone who's had food poisoning knows. xD

1 hour ago, Carl Fimble said:

I've had one single day of what the doctor suspected was norovirus and it was awful.

Everyone in the house was ill pretty much, all the toilets in use so I was spewing out the window at one stage. Cost us a decent chunk of money on cleaning materials and then replacing duvets, pillows and things, sick everywhere. 

That was just 24hrs too, awful though. 

Shat and spewed all moisture from my body and could barely even keep a shop if water down.

I always have washed my hands after touching raw meat, and it annoys me when I see TV chefs not doing so. I'm not a particularly clean person though aside from that. 

I've seen numerous times on Saturday kitchen the host having to tell the chef's to wash their hands. Clearly only due to it being on TV. Shows in their restaurants they don't bother very often. Top chefs too. 

4 hours ago, ccc said:

've also eaten huge amounts of dodgy food in numerous dodgy countries. And from numerous dodgy places in the UK. I've eaten actual "street food" in places like Mumbai and Bangalore. 

A samosa is only potatoes and peas in batter. Unlikely to make you ill.

32 minutes ago, MrPin said:

A samosa is only potatoes and peas in batter. Unlikely to make you ill.

Oh I had more than a samosa :Old:

Anyway today's Sainsbury trip. One other shopper sans mask. 7 staff as well though. Mostly on the till. Not sure but maybe they don't have to as behind a screen these days. Tesco seem to make their staff still wear them even if behind a screen. 

29 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

My month end accounts showed that I spent £670 in pubs / restaurants this month.

From now on, it will likely be zero.

For a stupid rule that nobody thinks makes any sense.

Not sure if this should be here or the economy is fucked thread, but they are clearly linked.

Holy shit, you ARE the economy.

7 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

My month end accounts showed that I spent £670 in pubs / restaurants this month.

Not sure if this should be here or the economy is fucked thread, but they are clearly linked.

How the other haf lives

8 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

To hit a pub again it'll have to be at least 12c and dry, there'll have to be a good beer on (untappd), there'll need to be bushes I know about nearby and I'll still have about ten grams of salt before I go so I can get through five or six pints without needing a piss. 

On the bus, all passengers are masked but I have noticed an increase in those not covering their nose. Silent protest or just laziness?

In the supermarkets, some shoppers had their mask barely covering their mouth. With smaller shops, nobody seems to care.

A mate gave me a Covid-1984 mask which I wore today.

3 hours ago, jm51 said:

On the bus, all passengers are masked but I have noticed an increase in those not covering their nose. Silent protest or just laziness?

In the supermarkets, some shoppers had their mask barely covering their mouth. With smaller shops, nobody seems to care.

A mate gave me a Covid-1984 mask which I wore today.

I notice the same thing with young guys wearing jeans that don't cover their arses.

Perhaps it is just the fashion?