DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

COVID-1984: Compulsory Masks In Shops

Will you be wearing a face mask in shops?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be wearing a face mask in shops?

• Yes, I don't see the big issue
    • Yes, but I resent it
    • Not sure, depends if others do
    • No, I refuse outright
    • Not in England / Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I might sound insane but fuck it, when you live alone and sometimes don’t meet with people for days at a time, it can make you feel a bit more connected with humanity to wander around a shop and just

That will really put me off shopping..  I’ll probably go back to lockdown shopping habits just to avoid the hassle / faff.

Lots of Chinese people wore masks before this virus appeared. Masks at this stage have very little to do with the control of this viruses and everything to do with the control of people, in my op

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Carl Fimble said:

He didn't look like he believed me, but it was hard to tell, because he had some stupid bit of fabric covering the lower half of his face. 

Sure I accept they have to ask but it would purely be a token gesture from me. Nobody walking into somewhere without a mask on will either be fit enough to wear one, or give a fuck.

I really don't get why they care so much.

8 hours ago, ste said:

I really don't get why they care so much.

I wonder if being a security guard is a bit boring and hassling people showing that you care livens it up?

I also think security guards get hassled by their managers and have to follow "procedures" :(

Went to Tescos at half six again this morning. No security on the door, no hassle. Same as last week. A good time to go. Only a few other customers, all masked. Plenty of staff noses to be seen!

Chatted with the older woman on the checkout. She pulled down her mask to make herself heard, then told me that she hoped everyone would follow the rules so it would be over soon! I didn't call her out on the disconnect, but said that there were always going to be people who didn't follow the rules and so "they" needed to allow for that if their plan was going to work. She grumbled about how hard it was for Tesco staff, who had worked through it all. I hoped that things would improve with spring, because flu is a winter thing too. No animosity, just an interesting exchange of perspectives.

10 hours ago, Carl Fimble said:

Big Tesco's again today, nipped in twice, nobody said anything the first time, but a security guy asked "have you got a mask mate?" when I walked in later in the day. I just said I'm exempt and that was that. 

Their policy

Before making it out the door to finally rip off my mask and take a much needed gulp of fresh air, I noticed a security guard, who I stopped to talk to for an insight into their day to day dealings with customers.

Asked how people generally react to being asked to wear a mask, they said: “If we ask people to put a mask on, they’re generally quite compliant.

“But I think at the moment, we’ve reached a stage where we’re not really having to ask many people to wear masks any more.”

However, they said if someone tells them they’re medically exempt, “that’s as far as it goes.”

“If a customer tells me they’re exempt, they’re exempt and we don’t challenge that.

“We don’t ask for verification or evidence, because we don’t want to get into any big arguments.

“We do get the odd customer who does get a bit funny, but we don’t challenge it.

“At the beginning, it was causing a few rows on the door, and we wanted to try and avoid that.

“We just want people to feel comfortable and welcome coming into the store, and we don’t want them to feel challenged.”

Asked how they challenge customers shopping together, the security officer, said: “If we get a couple coming in, we do ask if it’s possible next time you shop to leave it to one person in the household - mainly to protect themselves and the staff in here too.

“We get a much better response from asking people, rather than telling them what to do.”

They added: “We’ve had a few customers telling us that they feel Tesco are handling it better than other supermarkets.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/i-went-tesco-under-new-19811413

Big Tesco, again, went in twice as I forgot to go for a piss, was asked about a mask on my second visit, just said I'm exempt again. Saw two women with no masks this morning, one 30s with a baby, the other 18ish. Forgot to say but yesterday in Tesco saw two men with no masks, and a few with that noise free thing. 

M&S in a big shopping centre this morning too, nobody did or said anything. 

1 hour ago, Democorruptcy said:

“We get a much better response from asking people, rather than telling them what to do.”

That's what the government in Norway has done and it's worked well.

People will tend to comply with a polite request, and rage at an order.

The UK government, police etc. should be reminded who works for whom.

5 minutes ago, Option5 said:

That's what the government in Norway has done and it's worked well.

People will tend to comply with a polite request, and rage at an order.

The UK government, police etc. should be reminded who works for whom.

Yes. If the government had suggested I consider wearing a mask for the benefit of others, with some honest evidence to show me why, I might well have done so.

If that evidence were compelling I probably would comply.

But tell me I must, when there’s no evidence to back it up?

🖕

4 hours ago, apples said:

Chatted with the older woman on the checkout. She pulled down her mask to make herself heard, then told me that she hoped everyone would follow the rules so it would be over soon!

If there was a Perspex screen then she doesn’t need to wear a mask - spread this far and wide. Staff do not need to wear masks when behind a screen, or in areas away from the public.

31 minutes ago, Alonso Quijano said:

Masks in classrooms: as abusive as it gets. A temporary measure of course...

One parent, one letter. Good man!

983383190_MasksinSchoolsletter.thumb.jpg.dccd777fa026e6cfb9e25568110105b6.jpg

I called it a "monstrous imposition" in my letter, and called on the head and all of her colleagues to examine themselves as to what exactly they were prepared to be party to. I think I might also have said it was the biggest act of institutionalised abuse in the history of formal education.

Edited by eight
46 minutes ago, OurDayWillCome said:

Despite it not being the law, most headteachers will go along with this bollocks.

This is the sad thing, the going above and beyond the law when it is not required.

All the Anglican churches in my area, plus all the other denominations as far as I know, are closed indefinitely, even though by law they are allowed to open. 

1 hour ago, OurDayWillCome said:

Despite it not being the law, most headteachers will go along with this bollocks.

Of course they will. Schools have become nothing more than indoctrination factories sucking the free-spirit out of children whilst filling their heads with propaganda. Just how many heads are going to take a contrarian position and stand up/put their charges first?

20 minutes ago, Alonso Quijano said:

Of course they will. Schools have become nothing more than indoctrination factories sucking the free-spirit out of children whilst filling their heads with propaganda. Just how many heads are going to take a contrarian position and stand up/put their charges first?

I wonder if fee paying schools will run with this mandate.

Distancing, masks, and flexible work patterns – welcome to the 'new normal'

We'll likely be living with the consequences of Covid-19 long after June 21, so what exactly can we expect over the next two or three years

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/02/23/distancing-masks-flexible-work-patters-welcome-new-normal/

scientists and industry leaders have warned that the UK will be living with the consequences of Covid-19 long after June 21.

Masks, social distancing and Zoom calls will be part of our “new normal”, they say, while handshakes, crowded bars, and even door handles may be consigned to the past.

Daily life will likely become more ‘hands-free’ with buttons on elevators and cash machines replaced with touchless options, experts say. "Shaking hands is probably out forever," one leading microbiologist told peers last year.

Even traditional door handles in public places may be gradually phased out to allow doors to be opened easily with shoulders and elbows.

Masks

When Covid-19 restrictions are gone, many might expect that their masks can finally be thrown away.

However, the majority of scientists believe face coverings will be mandatory in shops and on public transport until next year and perhaps even beyond 2023, according to the New Scientist poll.

FFS

It’s going to be bad enough wearing masks in the summer heat.  What the fuck is this going to do for general human interactions?  How are single people supposed to pull in this environment?

I hope it tips enough people over the edge to ignore this crap.  When are the sheeple going to question why they are being coerced to be jabbed with whatever shit is in these vaccines if they’re still expected to stay masked and distanced from others?

5 minutes ago, Stuffed said:

We'll likely be living with the consequences of Covid-19 long after June 21, so what exactly can we expect over the next two or three years

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/02/23/distancing-masks-flexible-work-patters-welcome-new-normal/

FFS

It’s going to be bad enough wearing masks in the summer heat.  What the fuck is this going to do for general human interactions?  How are single people supposed to pull in this environment?

I hope it tips enough people over the edge to ignore this crap.  When are the sheeple going to question why they are being coerced to be jabbed with whatever shit is in these vaccines if they’re still expected to stay masked and distanced from others?

Humanity cant exist like that. Might as well press the big button.

What is motivating these cunts?

47 minutes ago, Stuffed said:

FFS

So,  i thought june 21 was the end to all this... Face coverings included?

Or is it just meeting up with people, but you need masks.