DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

COVID-1984: Compulsory Masks In Shops

Will you be wearing a face mask in shops?  

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wight Flight
2 hours ago, Funn3r said:

On what grounds do the Facebookers object?

They don't need grounds. They just take photos of everyone there and post them for all to see and viciously attack.

• Agree 1
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Masked Tulip

• Carl Fimble

• Wight Flight

• MrPin

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I might sound insane but fuck it, when you live alone and sometimes don’t meet with people for days at a time, it can make you feel a bit more connected with humanity to wander around a shop and just

That will really put me off shopping..  I’ll probably go back to lockdown shopping habits just to avoid the hassle / faff.

Lots of Chinese people wore masks before this virus appeared. Masks at this stage have very little to do with the control of this viruses and everything to do with the control of people, in my op

Posted Images

wherebee
Posted (edited)

Now I don't know if this is real or not, but there is a furious debate raging in one social media group I am in re the right to refuse to provide details on entering a shop of restaurant:

http://www5.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/consol_act/pa1988108/s94h.html

If that's real...... I'm using that.

edit: turns out it's the law re the app, but now they can insist on you scanning a QR code or refuse service.  Cunts.

Edited by wherebee
Southmartin

Just whip your phone out, and hold it in front of the QR code as the server greets you at the door... it looks like you've scanned it as far as they're concerned

Popuplights
2 hours ago, Southmartin said:

Just whip your phone out, and hold it in front of the QR code as the server greets you at the door... it looks like you've scanned it as far as they're concerned

Exactly. Plausible deniability.

Iamcynical
4 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

They don't need grounds. They just take photos of everyone there and post them for all to see and viciously attack.

Wow.  Sounds like a wonderful group of people on Facebook 9_9

It's starting to move in the right direction round here.

Bus into town yesterday afternoon. 5 people on the bus without masks. 3 of them young women. 2 people in Aldi unmasked as well as me.

Coming out of Aldi, my bus was at the stop so I had to do a hurry up. Got on the bus without my mask and the driver said nothing so I didn't bother with the mask. A young maskless mother got on a few stops later. Once again, no comment from the driver.

That's it for me. If the driver says something, I'll comply. Otherwise no mask to get on the bus.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 1
Austin Allegro
21 hours ago, Southmartin said:

Barman in my local pub was standing over people checking they did it properly. I won't be going there again.

• Agree 2
The Masked Tulip
On 08/06/2021 at 23:17, Van Lady said:

In my nearest big town, Dumfries, I’ve attended stand in the park several times. It’s not well attended averaging about 20 folk. Around here nobody really knows it’s a thing because I’d guess few people are on telegram where it’s promoted. Hat tip to @Jazztraveller

It’s been great. Second week 4 police vans were there and two masked coppers walking around. They approached us twice. First time to say they’d heard there was a protest. An organiser? went right up close to them and said no we’re not protesting we’re just meeting up and chatting normally. Second approach was to inform us ….ok, you’re not causing any trouble but we’ll be keeping an eye on you. Cops walked around but didn’t approach us again.

Last 3 attendances no police presence at all. 

If the Dumfries stand in the park attendance grows a lot cops will probably return again. Plus I’d guess Facebook arseholes would condemn the irresponsibility etc of doing such a thing.

Currently few folk know about it 

I started going about a month ago to the Swansea one. About 50 turn up. Doctors and lawyers amongst people from all walks of life. Apparently the Police turned up the previous week to my first attendance and told them that they were not allowed to gather. The rules had been changed a few hours earlier  at midnight, which the cops were not aware of, so the police wandered off.

Edited by The Masked Tulip
  • Agree 1
  • Cheers 3
Austin Allegro
6 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I started going about a month ago to the Swansea one. About 50 turn up. Doctors and lawyers amongst people from all walks of life. Apparently the Police turned up the previous week to my first attendance and told them that they were not allowed to gather. The rules had been changed a few hours at mid night, which the cops were not aware of, so the police wandered off.

I think Telegraph groups, Stand in the Park, the Great Reopening and other forms of local resistance are the only way ahead now. We have to form a parallel, dissident culture to the mainstream, and just let the True Believers get on with their lunacy as it's clear we can't do much to stop them.

• Agree 3
The Masked Tulip
4 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

I think Telegraph groups, Stand in the Park, the Great Reopening and other forms of local resistance are the only way ahead now. We have to form a parallel, dissident culture to the mainstream, and just let the True Believers get on with their lunacy as it's clear we can't do much to stop them.

I do hope they allow us wi fi when we are all in the gulag together.

• Agree 1
Austin Allegro
2 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I do hope they allow us wi fi when we are all in the gulag together.

I think that's why it's important to form relationships with like minded people off-line - I can envisage a situation where suddenly it becomes impossible to discuss things like this.

• Agree 2
The Generation Game
33 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

I think that's why it's important to form relationships with like minded people off-line - I can envisage a situation where suddenly it becomes impossible to discuss things like this.

And, as soon as one of you ends up in Room 101, they shortly after know the location of the other reprobates. 

The Masked Tulip
5 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

And, as soon as one of you ends up in Room 101, they shortly after know the location of the other reprobates. 

Only associate with people that you intend to hit with a shovel before the sun sets.

• Lol 1
Funn3r
16 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

In other news, a Mum pushed her toddler past me. The child could not take his eyes off my maskless face. Poor kids everywhere. To be denied such an important part of life.

I've experienced this. Must be odd for the child. Wonder what mummy says to him later when he asks why did that man not have a thing on? 

• Agree 2
The Masked Tulip
9 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

I've experienced this. Must be odd for the child. Wonder what mummy says to him later when he asks why did that man not have a thing on? 

This child was at the age that he was probably pre speech or near pre speech. But I take your point. 

• Agree 1
Upsettah
6 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

This child was at the age that he was probably pre speech or near pre speech. But I take your point. 

This has crossed my mind many times - a few months more of this bullshit and young kids are going to start thinking that that the nose, lips and mouth are "private parts".

• Agree 4
The Masked Tulip
1 minute ago, Upsettah said:

This has crossed my mind many times - a few months more of this bullshit and young kids are going to start thinking that that the nose, lips and mouth are "private parts".

They emotional and intellectual development has effectively been halted. 

• Agree 4
eight
8 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Colleague's kid just started nursery and has come down with a chest infection requiring antibiotics. Essentially been locked up since December gone.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1
The XYY Man
6 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Most certainly the case.

And as usual, you and I will do absolutely Jack-shit about this national disgrace.

I'm getting a bit sick of belonging to a club of such ineffectual wankers as the current membership of this forum - people who talk and whinge a good fight, but who actually achieve fuck-all. 

XYY

• Agree 1
6 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Most certainly the case.

And as usual, you and I will do absolutely Jack-shit about this national disgrace.

I'm getting a bit sick of belonging to a club of such ineffectual wankers as the current membership of this forum - people who talk and whinge a good fight, but who actually achieve fuck-all. 

XYY

How do you square this opinion with "Anyone who doesn't wear a mask is a roided up pensioner-killer"?

• Agree 2
  • Lol 1