DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

COVID-1984: Compulsory Masks In Shops

Libspero

Will you be wearing a face mask in shops?  

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Bear Hug
30 minutes ago, stop_the_craziness said:

A decision you will never regret.

It was nice, but it was also an unusual decision for me. Perhaps I should worry about toxoplasmosis instead of corona. 

• Lol 1

XswampyX
8 minutes ago, invalid said:

Perhaps that is a good sign? That what a civilization should consider its prime asset and foundation of the future - young men that are free thinking and confident.

Sorry ladies if that sounds a bit sexist, but you girls need to up your game.

Yep. Saw one bloke walk in (without a mask) followed by his obese wife (wearing one). ;)

5 hours ago, XswampyX said:

Yep. Saw one bloke walk in (without a mask) followed by his obese wife (wearing one). ;)

It probably makes her feel better about herself: and hides the tan lines, Pringles-breath and maskne.

On 20/07/2021 at 22:00, Hancock said:

When i've been overseas for a while there is nothing i like more than to walk around a supermarket.

I'd avoid Tesco though, theyve some shitty promotion thats been going on for about a year where people who have their clubcard get loads of discounts, but those without one "i.e. men" don't!

Just get Tesco Pay app on your phone scan the barcode and it does all the payment and Clubcard in one go and no cards to carry.

Most generous supermarket loyalty scheme Clubcard vouchers are worth 3 x too on quite a lot of stuff like Hotels.com you might genuinely use. All subsidised by the customers who don’t collect them so cheers for the free Eurotunnel tickets chaps.

• Informative 1

Mirror Mirror
15 minutes ago, SNACR said:

Just get Tesco Pay app on your phone scan the barcode and it does all the payment and Clubcard in one go and no cards to carry.

Most generous supermarket loyalty scheme Clubcard vouchers are worth 3 x too on quite a lot of stuff like Hotels.com you might genuinely use. All subsidised by the customers who don’t collect them so cheers for the free Eurotunnel tickets chaps.

And in so doing, hasten the sleep walk to a cashless society.

• Agree 4

23 minutes ago, Mirror Mirror said:

And in so doing, hasten the sleep walk to a cashless society.

Oh what, you mean that stuff people I employ steal and give out incorrect amounts of in change?

Mirror Mirror
2 minutes ago, SNACR said:

Oh what, you mean that stuff people I employ steal and give out incorrect amounts of in change?

No, I was more thinking of the stuff that prevents governments and central banks having total control over what you’re allowed to spend your money on, and that allows you to avoid their invidious NIRPs.

• Agree 5

4 minutes ago, Mirror Mirror said:

No, I was more thinking of the stuff that prevents governments and central banks having total control over what you’re allowed to spend your money on, and that allows you to avoid their invidious NIRPs.

What use is that though if they close all the places to spend it.

Mirror Mirror
40 minutes ago, SNACR said:

Well doesnt that include these places you mention, where your staff rip you off, and which give out incorrect change?

I think I’ve made my point.

Edited by Mirror Mirror
  • Agree 3

4 hours ago, SNACR said:

I installed it but astounded at the number of permissions it asked for. Wanted my location at all times and was not satisfied when I tried to give it "only when using the app" location permission. I don't want tesco to be able to see my location 24x7 so I uninstalled it. 

• Informative 2

Austin Allegro
3 hours ago, SNACR said:

Because it more easily enables non-collaborating businesses to operate below the state's radar - something that might be necessary in the coming months and years.

• Agree 1

Fully Detached

Right well I'm back in the depths of despair again. Just went to Lidl. Me and two others maskless, everybody else in full on Stockholm Syndrome mode. Jesus christ.

28 minutes ago, Popuplights said:

Got some new stickers. Just been out for a stroll. 

Awesome work - where did you get them, I will buy a few myself.

Popuplights
19 minutes ago, Fully Detached said:

Right well I'm back in the depths of despair again. Just went to Lidl. Me and two others maskless, everybody else in full on Stockholm Syndrome mode. Jesus christ.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DO-NOT-COMPLY-Sticker-Packs-25-1000-Resist-Anarchy-Activist-Lockdown-/283993881381?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Have a look at this seller. Delivery in 3-4 days, good quality.

• Informative 1

3 bus trips today. Only 25% masked. The masked were mainly middle aged men and women and a few youngish blokes. No old dears wearing masks.

On the streets around the shops, only 10% masked. About the same in the shopping centre. Aldi was 90% masked but no 'wear a mask' announcements. The co-op where I buy my baccy have removed the one way arrows and <- 2M -> signs from the floor.

• Informative 2

Austin Allegro
27 minutes ago, Fully Detached said:

You can also get similar ones free of charge if you join the White Rose group on Telegram, you just print them off on a printer.

• Cheers 2

Fully Detached
11 minutes ago, Popuplights said:

Ordered, thanks!

3 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

You can also get similar ones free of charge if you join the White Rose group on Telegram, you just print them off on a printer.

I've spent all morning fucking about with a mail merge and the required envelopes. How the fucking printer hasn't gone out of the window yet is anybody's guess. But I'll note that for next time, cheers!

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 1

Mirror Mirror
6 minutes ago, Fully Detached said:

Ordered, thanks!

I've spent all morning fucking about with a mail merge and the required envelopes. How the fucking printer hasn't gone out of the window yet is anybody's guess. But I'll note that for next time, cheers!

😂 My printer comes close to defenestration every time I try to print something, and gets sworn at and cursed as a bare minimum.

• Lol 1

Fully Detached
6 minutes ago, Mirror Mirror said:

😂 My printer comes close to defenestration every time I try to print something, and gets sworn at and cursed as a bare minimum.

I honestly cannot believe how shit the mail merge is in Office for Mac, when you're using an Excel sheet as the source list. It's randomly dropping fields all over the place. When I last did it using the same software and the same method 12 years ago, it worked perfectly. Fucking Bill ought to concentrate more on his software and less on his vaccines, fucking speccy twat little cock :PissedOff:

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1
  • Cheers 1

supernaut

First day back at work since last week. Rather depressingly almost all of the drivers are still wearing them in the back room . One of the dept. managers and a team leader now not wearing them so looks like personal choice rather than pressure to continue on with them. 

I walked accross the shop floor to clock in this morning with another driver. Mask on as soon as we get near the entrance. Did suffer TDS so maybe I shouldn't of been surprised . 

sarahbell
1 hour ago, Fully Detached said:

Ordered, thanks!

How the fucking printer hasn't gone out of the window yet is anybody's guess. 

I have often thought about this in the past. 

1 hour ago, Mirror Mirror said:

we bought a new one and apart from windows 10 messing up the driver  (easily solved using a different profile) it's bloody lovely.

• Cheers 1

Sasquatch
2 hours ago, Fully Detached said:

Don't despair. I popped into Lidl yesterday for a pint of milk. Reckon it was 50:50. Probably 70% maskless for the staff. As I walked out a fella called from his car to ask me if he needed to wear a mask. "No", I said, "Crack on". "Thank christ for that" he replied :D

• Agree 1
  • Lol 2
  • Cheers 3

Wight Flight
5 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Don't despair. I popped into Lidl yesterday for a pint of milk. Reckon it was 50:50. Probably 70% maskless for the staff. As I walked out a fella called from his car to ask me if he needed to wear a mask. "No", I said, "Crack on". "Thank christ for that" he replied :D

Bookers just now. Maybe 40% masked. Checkout lass unmasked and not screened.

It was actually a pleasure.

• Agree 2

The Masked Tulip

Passed two attractive, slim ladies in summer dresses today. Is it wrong that I found it quite enticing that they were both masked? 

I think that would be a way to get women to quickly stop wearing them. Maybe a post on Mumsnet about how submissive and attractive masked women are, especially as it has limited their conversations.

• Lol 2