DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

COVID-1984: Compulsory Masks In Shops

Libspero

Will you be wearing a face mask in shops?  

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yadda yadda yadda

Just reminded me to post about Toolstation last Friday. No masks on customers or staff. Only saw three staff and five other customers but it was great.

Democorruptcy
On 12/09/2021 at 19:01, Wight Flight said:

Lady at the bus stop today had a visor thing on.

And was vaping.

It was just bloody brilliant. She breathed in, no issue, then breathed out. Her entire visor filled with vape cloud, then slowly dissipated out the sides.

It was like watching a live science experiment. I just wonder where she left her brain.

stop_the_craziness
3 hours ago, Popuplights said:

Sainsbury's again yesterday. 50/50 on the masks. Best ratio yet. Slowly getting better.

Enjoy it while you can.

• Agree 1

Lidl York was 70% masked on Saturday.   Disappointing.   I’m inclined to agree with Peter Hitchens in that it has become a symbol of political allegiance and has knack all to do with health.

Just now, Ina said:

Lidl York was 70% masked on Saturday.   Disappointing.   I’m inclined to agree with Peter Hitchens in that it has become a symbol of political allegiance and has knack all to do with health.

To a degree yes, but throw in age as a factor too and maybe the weather too. Hot days mean usage goes down as far as I can see.

Those who promote their usage the loudest most likely are political though.

• Agree 1

Yadda yadda yadda
1 hour ago, Ina said:

In the US it is political and philosophical. The idea that the USA is the land of the free and home of the brave. Over here it is less pronounced. The biggest divide might be between those who regularly watch TV news and those that don't. I don't think people here are signalling that they're a big state person by wearing a mask. Much more it is because they're genuinely scared. Either for themselves or they're signalling that they're afraid for others.

As I've said previously no-one at the races or at Toolstation wore a mask. Very very few football fans are wearing masks. Plenty of them are lefty and are going along with the infernal knee. Part of it is that people are used to it. Hardly anyone has ever worn a mask to football. They have to the supermarket. 15 minutes in a mask to virtue signal that you care isn't a lot of skin off anyone's nose. The fact it doesn't work doesn't enter the thought process.

• Agree 1

Snake Plissken

what a sad cunt this bloke is. At least everyone else in the store seems to pitch in on the womans side. Couldn't imagine seeing something like that here.

• Bogged 2
  • Lol 2

Wight Flight

Sadly I think the mandate will return this winter, but to prevent the spread of flu, not covid.

After all, flu rates were tiny last year when we had masks, so they must work.

And if we allow them to get away with that, it will be masks every winter for ever.

• Agree 6

Mirror Mirror
9 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Sadly I think the mandate will return this winter, but to prevent the spread of flu, not covid.

And if we allow them to get away with that, it will be masks every winter for ever.

I agree, and the behaviour of the general public hitherto, removes any doubt about your last sentence.

• Agree 3

11 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

A big risk, and Susan 'commie' Michie if sage is open about about wanting this forever.

Although lockdowns get the credit for slowing flu down last year it has been mentioned Sars2 is more transmissible so finds the same victims (ie older with respirt weaknesses) faster and crowds flu out.

sleepwello'nights
17 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Is that such a bad thing? Japanese and Chinese choose to do so long before mask mandates.

I do agree about their ineffectiveness and symbolism in the UK and elsewhere.

Wight Flight
4 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

Is that such a bad thing? Japanese and Chinese choose to do so long before mask mandates.

I do agree about their ineffectiveness and symbolism in the UK and elsewhere.

I do hope you are joking?

• Agree 6

20 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

Yes, all Japanese and Chinese have always worn masks everywhere, all the time. You'll have no trouble finding photographic evidence.

1 hour ago, Snake Plissken said:

what a sad cunt this bloke is. At least everyone else in the store seems to pitch in on the womans side. Couldn't imagine seeing something like that here.

He needs a punch in the face.

• Agree 2
  • Lol 1

That did not go well at all!   Thanks to the guy!  Best some stay on social media.

Edited by Harley
  • Agree 1

Yadda yadda yadda

This type of wanker only ever picks on women.

It does show the rampant politicisation of masks and covid in the USA. "Bad American!"

• Agree 3

Roger_Mellie
8 minutes ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

This type of wanker only ever picks on women.

It does show the rampant politicisation of masks and covid in the USA. "Bad American!"

Look at the fucking state of him. And his whiny fucking voice. And his pathetic appeal to the authority of his wife. And his bullying of a female much smaller than him. 

He's a disgrace to manhood and men everywhere. 

• Agree 4

2 hours ago, sleepwello'nights said:

Japanese and Chinese choose to do so long before mask mandates.

Emphasis mine. Also, only when ill, as I understand it, not healthy people.

Better to stay at home, not go to work / shopping if you're ill, mind.

• Agree 2

sleepwello'nights
5 minutes ago, apples said:

Emphasis mine. Also, only when ill, as I understand it, not healthy people.

Better to stay at home, not go to work / shopping if you're ill, mind.

I recall before I visited Japan watching a Joanna Lumley programme on Japan. She mentioned masks saying she wasn't sure whether they were wearing them to protect themselves from others or others from them.

Also the smog in Bejing can be so bad that the wearing of a mask saves the wearer from some of the pollution. 

Either way they were not government mandated.

stop_the_craziness
6 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

I recall before I visited Japan watching a Joanna Lumley programme on Japan. She mentioned masks saying she wasn't sure whether they were wearing them to protect themselves from others or others from them.

Also the smog in Bejing can be so bad that the wearing of a mask saves the wearer from some of the pollution. 

I have absolutely no problem with other people wearing as many masks as they like.  But then again I never had any problem with motorcyclists wearing their helmets in petrol stations.  Maybe I'm just not into telling other people how to live their lives.

• Agree 5
  • Cheers 1

Stunley Andwin
24 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

It is another out and out lie. I worked for many years in Tokyo and occasionally Osaka. In the middle of winter you may have seen around 5% of people wearing masks on trains, almost exclusively elderly women. Outside of trains it would be even fewer, maybe 1 to 2% in the middle of winter. You would almost never see any masks outside of winter.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 6

If I was an evil overlord and wanted to measure the effectiveness of the current fear campaign I was pumping out re covid19, I would use mass CCTV / facial recognition tech to monitor mask compliance which is a nice little feedback measure.