DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

COVID-1984: Compulsory Masks In Shops

Libspero

Will you be wearing a face mask in shops?  

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, JFK said:

Aldi this evening about 7pm in middle classdom Didsbury, absolute rammed, I would estimate mask wearer about 10%.  Real total change around.  Zero fucks given by most people

Had they just received the latest delivery of the magical horse toothpaste? 

• Agree 1
  • Lol 2

3 hours ago, Stuey said:

Had they just received the latest delivery of the magical horse toothpaste? 

Even better  ... It's called don't give a fuck and just get on with your life as the coof is just a unpleasant mild flu like illness unless you're old,  sick,  fat,  have comorbidities  .. 

• Agree 7

The Masked Tulip

I had a 60-something masked woman tut at me in M&S today. She was filling her trolley with booze as I rounded a corner. Rather than rant at her I engaged her in conversation. It was cava. I kept talking to her until she communicated back to me - said some guff about hoping her champagne tasted nice and she said it was cava. She was thus uncomfortable but, frankly, she was a bitch. The sort of person who will keep us in the dystopia forever. 

It was odd in M&S today as several people had shocked looking eyes on seeing me maskless. A few stood back from me. It was as if we had gone back a few months.

I then went to a nearby Tesco and a Co-Op where plenty of people had stopped wearing them.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I had a 60-something masked woman tut at me in M&S today. She was filling her trolley with booze as I rounded a corner. Rather than rant at her I engaged her in conversation. It was cava. I kept talking to her until she communicated back to me - said some guff about hoping her champagne tasted nice and she said it was cava. She was thus uncomfortable but, frankly, she was a bitch. The sort of person who will keep us in the dystopia forever. 

It was odd in M&S today as several people had shocked looking eyes on seeing me maskless. A few stood back from me. It was as if we had gone back a few months.

I then went to a nearby Tesco and a Co-Op where plenty of people had stopped wearing them.

Excellent.  I trust you also thanked those who stood back for you!

• Agree 1

Anglepoise
3 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Even my local Waitrose ( previously the pinnacle of bovine mask obedience) is mostly free face now .

• Informative 2
  • Cheers 1

Long time lurking
On 11/10/2021 at 21:13, JFK said:

Aldi this evening about 7pm in middle classdom Didsbury, absolute rammed, I would estimate mask wearer about 10%.  Real total change around.  Zero fucks given by most people

Yet here in Wales the stazi are manning the doors again asking if you have a mask ,

I walked into ASDA today twice first time nothing was said but as i past the "safety marshal " with no challenge a member of security said to her it has started you know ,i had forgot something so had to go back in this time a different marshal "have you got a mask sir"   exempt from bullshit was my answer never broke stride never made eye contact fuck em  

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 2

Don Coglione

I am currently on a train to England from Scotland. During a journey of two hours (so far), non-maskurbators have been threatened with the British Transport Police a number of times, as well as having the moral responsibility (please do the right thing and protect our staff and fellow travellers) rammed at us.

We were even told that drinking did not amount to a reason to de-nappy, rather that the mask could only be lowered to take a sip and should be replaced immediately.

About to enter Edinburgh station; this may be my last post for a while...

Edited by Don Coglione
  • Informative 4
  • Lol 3

Ridiculous. A few months back I caught a train that had just emerged from Wales with lots of the Heddlu on it, passed one standing in the doorway as I got on, not a fucking word.

• Agree 1

Don Coglione
57 minutes ago, Don Coglione said:

I am currently on a train to England from Scotland. During a journey of two hours (so far), non-maskurbators have been threatened with the British Transport Police a number of times, as well as having the moral responsibility (please do the right thing and protect our staff and fellow travellers) rammed at us.

We were even told that drinking did not amount to a reason to de-nappy, rather that the mask could only be lowered to take a sip and should be replaced immediately.

About to enter Edinburgh station; this may be my last post for a while...

Interestingly, once we left Edinburgh (I am travelling south from Aberdeen), the ridiculous threats stopped. No more stations before the border, so I reckon I am safe - assuming the Covids don't jump aboard before Berwick...

• Informative 3
  • Lol 1
  • Cheers 2

belfastchild
15 hours ago, Don Coglione said:

assuming the Covids don't jump aboard before Berwick...

It has very strange behaviour around football fans...
On the way to a match in merseyside covid is very dangerous and people are reminded to keep their mask on.
On the way back the amount of alcohol consumed seems to render it less dangerous and not a fucking word said...

• Agree 2
  • Lol 1
  • Cheers 1

16 hours ago, Don Coglione said:

Interestingly, once we left Edinburgh (I am travelling south from Aberdeen), the ridiculous threats stopped. No more stations before the border, so I reckon I am safe - assuming the Covids don't jump aboard before Berwick...

I've been on a number of trains to England and back on various routs with different companies recently. No fucks given. 

Plenty of retards still wearing them but staff didn't care less. Few of them unmasked too. 

JoeDavola
2 hours ago, ccc said:

Plenty of retards still wearing them but staff didn't care less. Few of them unmasked too. 

Yeah on the NI railways the staff are generally unmasked, and the further you get away from Belfast the fewer masks you see - mask wearing in Larne is noticibly less than in Belfast.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, JoeDavola said:

Yeah on the NI railways the staff are generally unmasked, and the further you get away from Belfast the fewer masks you see - mask wearing in Larne is noticibly less than in Belfast.

Its the giveafuckometer

If you look it up in the dictionary it lists 'Larne' as an example. 

:D

• Cheers 2

The Masked Tulip

There are a couple sat next to me in an M&S cafe with a screaming toddler. The husband is maskless and wearing a spaz badge like myself. He keeps making scary faces and poking his kid. He wonders why the kid is crying. I am biting my tongue.

Mum has just picked up the child and is hugging him, slightly turned away from the kid. I wonder how long this marriage is going to last?

On the plus side, I have discovered that if you stand maskless in the M&S lift in Swansea people will leave it and you can have it all to yourself.

Edit: 

I now feel like a shit for thinking the above. The couple have just begun signing to one another. The Universe has just taught me a valuable life lesson. Sit somewhere else?

Edited by The Masked Tulip
  • Lol 6

2 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

There are a couple sat next to me in an M&S cafe with a screaming toddler. The husband is maskless and wearing a spaz badge like myself. He keeps making scary faces and poking his kid. He wonders why the kid is crying. I am biting my tongue.

Mum has just picked up the child and is hugging him, slightly turned away from the kid. I wonder how long this marriage is going to last?

On the plus side, I have discovered that if you stand maskless in the M&S lift in Swansea people will leave it and you can have it all to yourself.

I like this strategy.

• Lol 1

Don Coglione
10 hours ago, ccc said:

I've been on a number of trains to England and back on various routs with different companies recently. No fucks given. 

On LNER, every staff member was masked up, even in England, as were 95% of passengers (in Scotland at least, I alighted in Newcastle).

45 minutes ago, Don Coglione said:

On LNER, every staff member was masked up, even in England, as were 95% of passengers (in Scotland at least, I alighted in Newcastle).

I am one of the exception :Old:

Back up from Carlisle last week on west coast virgin it was maybe 70/30 masked / non.

How the fuck am I meant to snort gear in the bogs with a fucking mask on :Old:xD

• Lol 2

30 minutes ago, ccc said:

I am one of the exception :Old:

Back up from Carlisle last week on west coast virgin it was maybe 70/30 masked / non.

How the fuck am I meant to snort gear in the bogs with a fucking mask on :Old:xD

CCC: "No fucking way am I putting that vaccine shit in my veins.  No idea what's in it"

Also CCC: "Fucking hell this gear is good (snorts gear cut with plaster, ants, salt, and arse juices from the smuggler)"

:Jumping:

• Informative 1
  • Lol 4

Mirror Mirror
18 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

The couple have just begun signing to one another. The Universe has just taught me a valuable life lesson. Sit somewhere else?

Yeah but it’s in Wales, where I get the impression people will sing at the slightest provocation / invitation.

Some distant family members of mine (by marriage) are Welsh, and they sing along to the theme tunes on TV.

Edited by Mirror Mirror
  • Lol 1

The Masked Tulip
2 minutes ago, Mirror Mirror said:

Yeah but it’s in Wales, where I get the impression people will sing at the slightest provocation / invitation.

Some distant family members of mine (by marriage) are Welsh, and they sing along to the theme tunes on TV.

Sign. Sign language. Both could not speak.

Mirror Mirror
20 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Sign. Sign language. Both could not speak.

God I’m slow today. I read this post about 5 times thinking, “what is he on about?”, and had to go back and review your post for the penny to drop. Sorry.

Dyslexia rules KO.

(My point about the Welsh singing still stands though :P )

• Lol 1

10 hours ago, Mirror Mirror said:

Dyslexia rules KO.

Yes and it's October so not long until the cocks go black on the 31st.

• Lol 1

Out for the afternoon with the missus. She waers a mask in the street, because, you know, someone walking past might sneeze etc etc.

Into a garden centre 'you need a mask as we'll be inside'. Yeah ok, sure says I.  Off for a meal... 'You need a mask to get in'. Yeah right.

I think the penny was dropping when we're getting ready to leave and she asks 'have you even got a mask with you?' 'So the disease is hanging round the entrance, but not around where we're sitting says I.

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, NewryH said:

Out for the afternoon with the missus. She waers a mask in the street, because, you know, someone walking past might sneeze etc etc.

Into a garden centre 'you need a mask as we'll be inside'. Yeah ok, sure says I.  Off for a meal... 'You need a mask to get in'. Yeah right.

I think the penny was dropping when we're getting ready to leave and she asks 'have you even got a mask with you?' 'So the disease is hanging round the entrance, but not around where we're sitting says I.

She needs a bloody good talking-to!!

• Agree 2