DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

COVID-1984: Compulsory Masks In Shops

Will you be wearing a face mask in shops?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be wearing a face mask in shops?

• Yes, I don't see the big issue
    • Yes, but I resent it
    • Not sure, depends if others do
    • No, I refuse outright
    • Not in England / Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I might sound insane but fuck it, when you live alone and sometimes don’t meet with people for days at a time, it can make you feel a bit more connected with humanity to wander around a shop and just

That will really put me off shopping..  I’ll probably go back to lockdown shopping habits just to avoid the hassle / faff.

Lots of Chinese people wore masks before this virus appeared. Masks at this stage have very little to do with the control of this viruses and everything to do with the control of people, in my op

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Reck B said:

Lots of Chinese people wore masks before this virus appeared.

I've never been to China, but it does seem to be an Asian tradition. I saw it in India, oh ten years ago, with whatever virus that was back then.

9 hours ago, leggers said:

Probably because the advice/info about why you should have to is so inconsistent, combined with the PITA-ness of it all, and, if, seeing as at the height of chaos (depending on where you are) masks were not an important rule to adhere to, and the virus is receding, why would we need to start now?

One of the parts of this to mentally reconcile is that when this all kicked off, when  you were out and seeing  people wearing masks, I imagine, they were doing it to protect themselves. Now we have advice to be wearing masks/"coverings" to protect other people from us.

I've no confidence in the advice/reasoning in relation to this whole saga.

Where we are now:

• Everything open but wear masks when you go in
  • Vulnerable people self-isolating

Should have been the day one response. 

Instead it has taken nearly four months of vastly expensive and destructive chaos to get to the start point; very little of which was actually required.

The SAGE lot want shooting.

For example :-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/53364475

The Ferrari driver returned to Monaco this week between the Austrian and Styrian Grands Prix at the Red Bull Ring and was pictured with friends.

Personnel are required to remain within their 'bubbles' between races.

So now you can face official sanction from your employer for free association in your private time. 

I went into a shop yesterday and they had huge piles of masks for sale no shortage at all, several different brands. I picked one up at random and sure enough there was small print saying decorative item only, not for medical use and doesn't protect you against disease. 

It's not about covid it's about the government demonstrating they have power to change your behaviour. Just like school where you have to wear the correct socks at the correct angle, "because they can." 

I am avoiding shopping even more than I did anyway but when and if I have to I am going to just walk in without a mask. If they won't let me in then I already have a tubular mask which I can pull up to be a face covering then allow to slide back down round my neck once I'm in. Unless I run into a roidal Karen my guess is nobody will say a dicky. May not get 100 percent maskless win but why not make them work for it? 

3 hours ago, Ash4781b said:

My only contra is I guess this might be part of the winter readiness strategy which doesn’t bode well. 

You may be right it could be a belt and braces approach regarding a possible second wave

It`s looking like their "game changing antibody testing" and antigen testing are beginning to look like they are seriously flawed ,basically  they are still guessing just like us

I have been forced to wear these filthy face nappies whenever I go into a shop for about four months now, they really are disgusting things. Not only are they of absolutely zero benefit to health, they are extremely uncomfortable and smelly, they are actively dangerous, quickly building up bacteria and CO2. If you are forced to wear them, then at least do not allow them to cover the nose, that way is only about 30% as unpleasant.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/ypLjmXQoLygi/

Human beings have immune systems.

3 hours ago, Bornagain said:

It is not a big deal, but it is a waste of time and resources and take us down a path from which their is possibly no return.

Once we make masks compulsory, then they are compulsory for as long as the virus is about - which means effectively decades  - unless a safe, effective Vaccine comes along, and a large enough % of people take it.

We live it in a time when anti-vaccine campaigners are a relatively mainstream thing, do you think that a large enough proportion of the population will be prepared to take one ?  I am not at all sure.

There are very low risks with all vaccinations and the truth is that we are expecting the youngish, fit and healthy population to take a product that will protect them from a disease that will probably do them no lasting harm.

Remember the hypocratic oath - first, do no harm.

I have seen close-up the suffering of one of my uncles who caught polio as a child and am therefore extremely keen on the idea of vaccination for infectious diseases,  but I will not be immediately taking a rapidly developed drug that has been rushed through all stages of discovery, testing and manufacture; I will wait for a few years to be confident that there are no unexpected side effects.

If I were an 86 year old obese asthmatic then I would probably take a different view.

How long before we have herd immunity without a vaccine ? decades.

How long before we have herd immunity with a vaccine ? multiple years, maybe decades if their is a reluctance to take them.

**Sound of a penny dropping in my brain**   After reading your post it all makes sense now.  At the moment there is not enough incentive for a vaccine.  So the vaccine has to be a solution to a problem that affects EVERYONE.  So they need to invent a problem that affects EVERYONE,

Having to wear a mask all the time is going to be a constant pain in the arse and barrier to normal life for everyone all day every day.  Until - hey presto - we can get rid of masks and go back to normal with a vaccine.

I posted on another thread about my Twin Towers experience - shortly after the 911 thing I was on the 120th floor of a building and though "how bad must the alternative have been for chucking yourself out at this height to feel like a good idea?"  Same principle applies here.

6 minutes ago, eight said:

Apparently Disneyland Paris is set to reopen soon, with compulsory mask wearing for all over 12's. Have fun, kids!

Will work well. The sort of people who like "approved activities" such as Disneyland are just the sort who also like masks.

19 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

Will work well. The sort of people who like "approved activities" such as Disneyland are just the sort who also like masks.

And armbands, and sing the company song.

22 minutes ago, stop_the_craziness said:

**Sound of a penny dropping in my brain**   After reading your post it all makes sense now.  At the moment there is not enough incentive for a vaccine.  So the vaccine has to be a solution to a problem that affects EVERYONE.  So they need to invent a problem that affects EVERYONE,

Having to wear a mask all the time is going to be a constant pain in the arse and barrier to normal life for everyone all day every day.  Until - hey presto - we can get rid of masks and go back to normal with a vaccine.

I posted on another thread about my Twin Towers experience - shortly after the 911 thing I was on the 120th floor of a building and though "how bad must the alternative have been for chucking yourself out at this height to feel like a good idea?"  Same principle applies here.

What you are saying makes sense.

But from the perspective of somebody who goes into a supermarket once or twice a week, and no other shops, then I will put up with the inconveniance of a mask and allow the Crash Test Dummies to take the Vaccine and I will wait a few years.

I do not understand why the Government is trying to drive down the death rate, according to NHS England the current  death rate is around 20-24 per day with 90% of them being over 60.

If that kind of death rate justifies the compulsory wearing of masks in all public indoor spaces (which is the only logical conclusion of doing it in shops) then what ought we be doing to prevent smoking or obesity related deaths ?  According to NHS england there are around 75-80K deaths per year from smoking - that is around 200 per day.

200 per day = nobody really gives a shit.

24 per day = massive public health crisis justifying almost anything

I am either missing something or the government has totally lost the plot.

Edited by Bornagain
1 hour ago, eight said:

I hate all of it. The terminology of "lockdown". Faded rainbows eveywhere. Stupid adverts with some camp northern bank twat cheerfully announcing "These are strange times at the moment". No they're not "strange"; they're fucking awful.  And not because of some virus.

That sums it absolutely perfectly.

giphy.gif

• spunko featured this topic