DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

I am thinking of investing in some REITS and companies that invest in Warehouses such as Stag Industrial Inc,Warehouse REIT PLC and Serco as I think the high st is more or less finished.

With this in mind there ought to be a high demand from Retailers who will have to move quickly to selling the majority of their goods online.

Who knows. 

Property in general has been a reliable bet long term over decades now but in recent years so many things have gone completely haywire, topsy-turvy, upside down and inside out as the new normal who is to say it won't happen to traditional investments such as those linked to a property sector.

The High Street will come back eventually but with much more usefulness and much less froth. I just don't see a utopian future with people sitting in the houses with robot butlers and items being delivered by drone. Just don't see it.

Might take 20 years mind you....

14 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

The High Street will come back eventually but with much more usefulness and much less froth. I just don't see a utopian future with people sitting in the houses with robot butlers and items being delivered by drone. Just don't see it.

6a01348793456c970c01bb09c9eb43970d-500wi

I don't see it personally.... The High St is dead. The only solution now is to convert the stores into housing, even offices won't work now.

4 hours ago, M S E Refugee said:

I am thinking of investing in some REITS and companies that invest in Warehouses such as Stag Industrial Inc,Warehouse REIT PLC and Serco as I think the high st is more or less finished.

With this in mind there ought to be a high demand from Retailers who will have to move quickly to selling the majority of their goods online.

People stopped buying Chinese tat off the High St.

What happens if they stop buying Chinese tat altogether?

Think it makes more sense to buy Amazon shares given that asset values can't but be impoacted more generally.

1 hour ago, Sasquatch said:

I think the High St has a future now,it's just not one that includes small chains of shops  paying £30k in rent and £15k in rates

59 minutes ago, spunko said:

6a01348793456c970c01bb09c9eb43970d-500wi

I don't see it personally.... The High St is dead. The only solution now is to convert the stores into housing, even offices won't work now.

Its relentless isn't it?USA is ahead of us,but everything points to rents going south on most CRE,possibly to rent free to get the business rates paid.

Edited by sancho panza
5 minutes ago, sancho panza said:

People stopped buying Chinese tat off the High St.

What happens if they stop buying Chinese tat altogether?

Think it makes more sense to buy Amazon shares given that asset values can't but be impoacted more generally.

I was thinking more of the large chains leaving the high street and migrating to mainly online sales which would create demand for warehousing.

I agree with Spunko that you will see commercial property being converted into residential property.

Like others I don't see a future short or mid term in commercial property. Online all the way. I think there are other better investments medium to long term than residential as well, if you consider mass unemployment arrives after furlough. Short the banks (lol) (joke). 

On 11/07/2020 at 17:26, M S E Refugee said:

Nope, stay away...well away. That is my two pence.