DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Funny listings

sarahbell

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Less a funny listing than not wishing to start a new thread.

This is a really odd property in Plymouth; it's a big art deco house with helicopter hangar, pool, big private grounds and tremendous views across the Sound.

It was up for £2m about six years ago and is being resold now for the same amount; the original seller was thought to be the guy who owns The Range stores.

On the face of it is amazing value for the price.

However...

It is situated in the industrial docklands of Plymouth. Between you and the water's edge are big oil storage tanks and behind you are industrial yards that are going to be clanking away all day during the week.

It would be absolutely superb at weekends when it's quiet but the noise would probably drive you nuts through the week.

Hence why it's on again at the same price despite the about 40% rise in the price of coastal properties in that time.

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/property/plymouth-heliport-cliff-top-mansion-6249315

11 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

This is a really odd property in Plymouth; it's a big art deco house with helicopter hangar, pool, big private grounds and tremendous views across the Sound.

It was up for £2m about six years ago and is being resold now for the same amount; the original seller was thought to be the guy who owns The Range stores.

However...

It is situated in the industrial docklands of Plymouth. Between you and the water's edge are big oil storage tanks and behind you are industrial yards that are going to be clanking away all day during the week.

It would be absolutely superb at weekends when it's quiet but the noise would probably drive you nuts through the week.

Hence why it's on again at the same price despite the about 40% rise in the price of coastal properties in that time.

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/property/plymouth-heliport-cliff-top-mansion-6249315

Big houses ... helicopters .....

Not sure why but theres a bunch of people that equate both those to becoming rich!!!!!

Rather than being a total fucking drain on your cash.

Theres one of these in the village.

He - or company/group of people - have bought the old manor house, biggest house by in the village. which has sat empty as theyve half arsed put planning applications in for pie in the eye crap.

Been empty for ~5 years now.

Fuck knows what the idiots think they are doing - this isnt a case of a listed barn being allowed to fall down so they can rebuild. Manor house is listed, national park. Besides itll take decades to fall down.

Also flies here n there in a helicopter from another farm back into the fields.

12 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

However...

I raise you Hove's Millionaire Row next to the Shoreham docks and power station

https://www.sussexlive.co.uk/news/sussex-news/western-esplanade-secluded-brighton-road-4662951image.thumb.png.91d660c5256b65c7ea4ec9f7bc09bd9d.png

48 minutes ago, CVG said:

I raise you Hove's Millionaire Row next to the Shoreham docks and power station

https://www.sussexlive.co.uk/news/sussex-news/western-esplanade-secluded-brighton-road-4662951image.thumb.png.91d660c5256b65c7ea4ec9f7bc09bd9d.png

That's still nowt. 

I will raise you Enter Raffle to Win Tindale Towers Mansion! Hosted By Adam Keen (raffall.com) (note now a raffle but formerly on rightmove).

On the outskirts of (main road into) Bishop Auckland, neighbours include a few £50,000 terraces a Premier Inn (cheaper style restaurant) and a Cazoo car showroom.

Also I'm sure it's already on this thread

Screenshot_64.png

3 hours ago, eek said:

That's still nowt. 

I will raise you Enter Raffle to Win Tindale Towers Mansion! Hosted By Adam Keen (raffall.com) (note now a raffle but formerly on rightmove).

On the outskirts of (main road into) Bishop Auckland, neighbours include a few £50,000 terraces a Premier Inn (cheaper style restaurant) and a Cazoo car showroom.

Also I'm sure it's already on this thread

Screenshot_64.png

I remember looking around a lovely Georgian house with my parents back in the 80s; it was surprising that it was the same price as the other properties we had been looking at but the answer became clear with a short walk and a run down council estate right next door.

The most bizarre one in that search was designed and built by the owner, an architect, somewhere rural and built into a grassy bank. It looked great when we arrived.

I expect though that he failed his architecture exams because upon closer examination the three children's bedrooms which made up one wing had no corridor.  If you were in the end bedroom you had to walk through two other bedrooms in order to access the house.

They weren't big rooms either; it's not like you wouldn't notice.

He made some comment like "they'll get used to it". No thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a distant relative just move out of this one, as disabled he manage to get to a newly built bungalow. This is a  housing association property now up for auction. It's in the middle of a ex council estate (now housing association). The attached and most of the road are still association homes, not many have been privately purchased.

Its not standard construction so you won't get a mortgage. Why aren't the association rehousing the other half, knocking down and rebuilding? Big gardens could get more than two dwellings here.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/115403543?utm_campaign=property-details&utm_content=buying&utm_medium=sharing&utm_source=copytoclipboard#/&channel=RES_BUY

While typing this I realised that there is a lot of new build happening in Felixstowe and so plenty of social homes going up at 30% minimum of buildings. Will old council homes (with poor thermal qualities) be sold to first time buyers and social tenants be put up in the new builds?

As usual what's the point in working.

Archived