DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Funny listings

sarahbell

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-71842410.html

A mock georgian style property situated in one of the most prestigious addresses in the WD3 postcode area. This property with attractive painted render elevations offers 4 bed accommodation and is set within a mature, manageable and nicely landscaped plot. While the accommodation is reasonably well presented the house offers great scope to upgrade and extend (subject to usual permissions) into a larger property in a prestigious quiet semi-rural location just off The Green. The property has a considerable number of original 1970’s fixtures.

Must win prize for most insane price and also the giggle-factor. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 14/07/2020 at 11:41, sarahbell said:

The property has a considerable number of original 1970’s fixtures.

I'd keep that coloured bathroom suite. It even has a bidet! :Jumping:

Just now, UmBongo said:

I'd keep that coloured bathroom suite. It even has a bidet! :Jumping:

It's a nice colour compared to avacado. And I bet it has a better flush than the modern eco loos

In my location that would genuinely be described by the local EA's as being ''well maintained''

In other words all the decor, fixtures and fittings have been looked after and well cared for in their 40+ year existence.

Anyone clicked on the map location? It appears to be situated in the ancient Viking enclave of Olde Rikmanswurt on Holy Island. Long boat therefore required. 

crashmonitor
On 14/07/2020 at 11:41, sarahbell said:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-71842410.html

A mock georgian style property situated in one of the most prestigious addresses in the WD3 postcode area. This property with attractive painted render elevations offers 4 bed accommodation and is set within a mature, manageable and nicely landscaped plot. While the accommodation is reasonably well presented the house offers great scope to upgrade and extend (subject to usual permissions) into a larger property in a prestigious quiet semi-rural location just off The Green. The property has a considerable number of original 1970’s fixtures.

Having sold our house  SSTC we did view this one in a similar vein. Neo Georgian,  it did have a 200m drive, disappearing into its own wood with the house emerging beyond so it probably deserved to be a little pretentious and it was built by the family at the adjoining Hall as a sort of Dower House.

Total timewarp, original kitchen and bathroom and walls untouched from their original plaster state ( barring repainting) and beautifully maintained. No Super Fresco ever for sure. One occupier for nearly 50 years til death. Tbh a house that is preserved is better than a mishmash imo. One for a retrofile perhaps.....

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/s6p/90213185

That's a spit of a house I grew up in.  1920's-30's.  Structurally fantastic - all double brick, deep foundations, chimney stacks that would withstand a bomb.

I'd love a house like that if I had to live in the UK.  Warm in the winter, cool in the summer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Chewing Grass
7 hours ago, sarahbell said:

Bit footballers wives. Looks like  a pub outside I think.
I can only assume there's no one living there. Is there anything personal there?
https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-96275852.html

Pointless house, will date so badly and the climate will destroy it, maintenance nightmare.

Would have been much better being left as a farmhouse.

20 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Tenanted.

Is there some reason why tenanted = live like sketcherville? I have rented, as have you. Yet the house didn’t like that. Ffs is there a sketcher in the bed. And those sheets. Are the tenants from etitrea?

Wight Flight
1 hour ago, Shamone said:

Is there some reason why tenanted = live like sketcherville? I have rented, as have you. Yet the house didn’t like that. Ffs is there a sketcher in the bed. And those sheets. Are the tenants from etitrea?

No idea. But ask @One percent if she would vacuum or do the gardening in a rental and you might find your answer.

Archived