Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Funny listings


Recommended Posts

stop_the_craziness
On 18/09/2020 at 12:17, UmBongo said:

Perhaps a photo of the house without the plants in the way might be a good idea? xD

3 bedder west Norwich £200k

11671_0054_HRT005408202_IMG_15_0000_max_

I think the trees and shrubs are the best feature.  They help to cover up that stupid tiny ugly garage that's been grafted on to the front of the house.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Frank Hovis
On 18/09/2020 at 12:17, UmBongo said:

Perhaps a photo of the house without the plants in the way might be a good idea? xD

3 bedder west Norwich £200k

11671_0054_HRT005408202_IMG_15_0000_max_

 

My house had a massive Buddleia blocking the best part of the view out of the main picture window.

I asked the seller why they hadn't taken it down and they said they liked the butterflies.

When I had a better look I could see that it was hiding where some of the railings had entirely rusted through but this was fairly obvious anyway when I looked at others which had been wrapped in black insulation type to hide the rust.

In that case I had decided to replace them anyway so no bother but he'd clearly been letting that grow over the years, with consequent loss of view, to hide the state of the railings yet a cursory inspection was always going to reveal that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
wherebee
On 21/09/2020 at 00:57, Frank Hovis said:

 

My house had a massive Buddleia blocking the best part of the view out of the main picture window.

I asked the seller why they hadn't taken it down and they said they liked the butterflies.

When I had a better look I could see that it was hiding where some of the railings had entirely rusted through but this was fairly obvious anyway when I looked at others which had been wrapped in black insulation type to hide the rust.

In that case I had decided to replace them anyway so no bother but he'd clearly been letting that grow over the years, with consequent loss of view, to hide the state of the railings yet a cursory inspection was always going to reveal that.

I had a mate in norfolk once that sold a house that had an internal wall with a crack in it you could put your fist in.  He moved a very very heavy oak wardrobe in front of it and the surveyor missed it.

This was a while ago before declarations etc, and as far as I know he never had any comeback for it>>!

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 6 months later...
spygirl

From ToS

Scabbys funniest listing:

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/property/gallery/yorkshire-home-sale-25m-fit-18461722

I can describe how shit a location that house is in.

And how its at least £2.3m overpriced.

 

It has been joined by a few of others:

https://www.onthemarket.com/details/9917518/?utm_source=home_co_uk&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=home_feed

Not. A. Fucking. Chance.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Frank Hovis
2 hours ago, spygirl said:

From ToS

Scabbys funniest listing:

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/property/gallery/yorkshire-home-sale-25m-fit-18461722

I can describe how shit a location that house is in.

And how its at least £2.3m overpriced.

 

It has been joined by a few of others:

https://www.onthemarket.com/details/9917518/?utm_source=home_co_uk&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=home_feed

Not. A. Fucking. Chance.

 

 

Yet I said that about listings in Cornwall six months ago.

And they've all sold.

The housing market has gone bonkers.  The young couple I know looking for a nice small coastal house for £210k would have struggled last year.

Now they have zero chance as that's only going to get them flats and park homes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
spygirl
2 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

 

Yet I said that about listings in Cornwall six months ago.

And they've all sold.

The housing market has gone bonkers.  The young couple I know looking for a nice small coastal house for £210k would have struggled last year.

Now they have zero chance as that's only going to get them flats and park homes.

Scabby isnt Cornwall.

London money does not aspire to Scabby, thank God.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
CVG
31 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

"This property has been removed by the agent" - you'll have to tell us.

Apols. It was just a weird hoarders paradise with lots of dolls and doll pictures and wreaths and flags and ornaments and broken kitchens and piled clothes and and and .....

  • Informative 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...