DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Had a mad half hour yesterday in my SIPP trading account and punted on some really random mining companies, one of then being Tertiary Minerals. I'm now the proud owner of 120,000 shares in this fine company! Just need to get the robinhood traders interested, watch the price go into orbit and then I can purchase my very own caribbean island. 

I bought a similar amount of TYM for my SIPP a couple of weeks ago, it'll be interesting to see where we're sat in a few years! I also bought some LND Landore Resources for the ISA at the same time. Currently looking at Patagonia PGDC.V & Gatling GTR.V. What platform do you use? There are a couple more random punts that I'd be interested in but they aren't available on the HL app.

27 minutes ago, Ellandback said:

I bought a similar amount of TYM for my SIPP a couple of weeks ago, it'll be interesting to see where we're sat in a few years! I also bought some LND Landore Resources for the ISA at the same time. Currently looking at Patagonia PGDC.V & Gatling GTR.V. What platform do you use? There are a couple more random punts that I'd be interested in but they aren't available on the HL app.

I'm stuck with Selftrade via my James Hay SIPP. A very clunky platform compared to HL. The buy/sell spreads are also much wider at times. 

I've always viewed my core SIPP money as a bit of a bonus (not counting the employer contributions in the last two years). Putting it another way, I don't (currently!) need the income from the core SIPP monies to fund my retirement. Therefore I've been a lot more risky with some of my plays (ie Eurasia Mining). Of course I wouldn't be pleased if £10,000 investment in penny stocks went to zero but it wouldn't be in the end of the world. 

Had LND in my sights and will invest in that one today. Will look into the others you've mentioned.

Punted £300/£400 on these as well:

Kefi Minerals (KEFI)

NQ Minerals (NQMI) 

Pathfinder Minerals (PFP)

Silver Elephant Mining (ELEF)

Strategic Minerals (SML)

I fully anticipate some of these going to zero but only need one to do really well in the next cycle.

Worth the punt in these strange times.

Thanks for the names, will have a look into them. I'm not buying anything atm just putting cash aside incase of any meaningful pullback and let the miners I already have run hopefully.  LND seems to be on sale today - a tad volatile these little tiddlers eh!