DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Kodal Minerals KOD

Sasquatch

Making my Tertiary Minerals acquisition look 100% sane, I also bought £300 worth of Kodal Minerals (KOD). Exploration company in Norway - phosphorus, iron, copper and zinc.

I own a quite hilarious 587,000 shares. 

As you can imagine this is not investment advice. However if this stock does make some money, I will be glad to share this miracle with you all in due course.B|

• Lol 3
  • Cheers 1
  • 2 months later...
Sasquatch
8 hours ago, Hardhat said:

Looks like a true punt, I like your style @Sasquatch, I'll take a look in the morning.

Please don't hate me but my 'style' involved logging on to Selftrade and typing 'minerals' into the search box. I punted about £5,000 in my SIPP on a random collection of mining firms. My strategy, if you can call it that, is that surely one of them will do something at some point. 

One or two others are also doing quite well. I'll have a look later and report back.

• Lol 1
  • Cheers 1
Hardhat

Possible geopolitical risk on this one... should see a rise when / if their mining license is granted though

Kodal Minerals’ primary focus is on the immediate exploration and definition of the lithium mineralisation at the Bougouni Project in southern Mali – an emerging lithium province which has already attracted the attention of investors and off-take partners seeking to secure long-term supply of strategic commodities including lithium.

A Feasibility Study published in Q1 2020 highlighted the potential for a very robust mining operation with a minimum 8.5-year mine life and a payback period of 1.7 years with an IRR of 58%.  The Company received approval for its Environmental and Social Impact Assessment application in Q4 2019 and a Mining Licence application was lodged in Q1 2020.  Once the Mining Licence is granted the Company intends to move forward with mine development at Boungouni.

The Company holds a highly prospective suite of gold assets in West Africa. The active joint ventures in Cote d’Ivoire are ensuring that funds are spent advancing exploration on our projects with the potential for new discovery. The Company is continuing to assess and rank the projects it holds directly to determine priorities for further exploration or for ways to deliver value for our shareholders.

• Informative 1
Hardhat

Yep, I bought a few of these as well.

And when I say a few I mean 800,000.

Edit: I view this one as a true "punter's punt", not for widows or orphans ;)

Edited by Hardhat

Anything with a shinny thing in the ground will probably go up in the coming weeks. I think with lock down, more people are stuck indoors, can't travel, can't mix, can't go out, it's colder and wet. What are they going to to do - play on the stock market!

I had some good success with UFO, so let's see if this can follow. Anything with stuff in the ground is moving upwards.

OMI, BZT, SOLG, GGP, ALBA, etc. Lady luck will probably wave her hand over KOD in the coming weeks. The market isn't waiting for the US elections - the market just seems to want to break higher.

I've done a little research into KOD, and a Chinese subsidiary of Power China https://en.powerchina.cn// has invested a lot of money in 2017 into this company (just under a 20% holding). China, generally has a significant interest in the area as it has resources and infrastructure paid for by the Chinese. There are Chinese peacekeepers. I'd expect things to start moving there sooner than later despite political situation. 

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/diplomacy/article/3098397/china-watches-mali-coup-threatens-stability-strategic

Still only worth risking beer money over - not your life savings!

• Informative 1
Popuplights
33 minutes ago, 201p said:

Still only worth risking beer money over - not your life savings!

Shit!! Now you tell me.....

Hardhat

AJ Bell seems to be reporting this one a bit weirdly... apparently it was up 14.29% today in portfolio view, although everywhere else it's up 4%. Strange.

• Agree 1

The London Stock Exchange shows +4%

https://www.londonstockexchange.com/stock/KOD/kodal-minerals-plc/company-page

---

The penny explorers are going through a bit of pass the parcel at the moment. People are talking about KEFI now.

But it is always nice to be ahead of the crowd and be on the ground floor. Now it's just a waiting game.

Edited by 201p
  • 2 weeks later...
Hardhat

Reporting around this stock is a bit weird on AJ Bell. It shows prices and % gains or losses that aren't corroborated anywhere else, and often the percentage gain in a day varies +/- 10%. I've emailed them and they said they'd look into it, but nothing has changed as yet.

Sasquatch
26 minutes ago, Hardhat said:

Reporting around this stock is a bit weird on AJ Bell. It shows prices and % gains or losses that aren't corroborated anywhere else, and often the percentage gain in a day varies +/- 10%. I've emailed them and they said they'd look into it, but nothing has changed as yet.

Just logged into James Hay (my SIPP provider). I'm seeing 0.07p a share. Apparently I'm up 37%.

37% sounds great but then I only bought £300 worth! The % gain is probably a lot more than that though as the buy/sell price spread was large from memory.

I'm up on quite a few of my crazy purchases. Will do an update over the weekend.

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Yadda yadda yadda

You've piqued my interest in this share. Had a look on LSE and it appears that on 3 September they had a share trade volume of minus 2 billion.

How did a company worth £9 million end up with 11.5 billion shares? I presume it involves losing money repeatedly. Or is someone just having a laugh?

Hardhat
48 minutes ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

You've piqued my interest in this share. Had a look on LSE and it appears that on 3 September they had a share trade volume of minus 2 billion.

How did a company worth £9 million end up with 11.5 billion shares? I presume it involves losing money repeatedly. Or is someone just having a laugh?

AJ Bell seems to report it really badly... I tried to get a quote online to sell my holding as I am up, and it said I would have to call them. It seems a bit sus to me, I'm going to call and sell out asap I think.

Yadda yadda yadda
42 minutes ago, Hardhat said:

AJ Bell seems to report it really badly... I tried to get a quote online to sell my holding as I am up, and it said I would have to call them. It seems a bit sus to me, I'm going to call and sell out asap I think.

Surprisingly trading 212 quotes them so I could buy a paltry few tens of thousands for a laugh. Currently 0.08 pence per share.

Not going to buy enough to justify a trading fee through H&L.