DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Wimmin and Angle Grinders

Just now, JackieO said:

I'm pretty handy with tools and DIY.

Years back in my 30s, I shit myself given the kick back after  using a circular saw on decking. 

Angle-grinding brick 20 years later?

I no I guess

Different scenario, wood's very grabby with blades - an unsupported(on baseplate for example is an accident waiting to happen.

Brick, not much of an issue really, good body placement, the right grip and guard in place and don't do it up a ladder. You can get nice lightweight face shields as well which is another level of safety - cheap on ebay.

2 minutes ago, JackieO said:

I'm pretty handy with tools and DIY.

Years back in my 30s, I shit myself given the kick back after  using a circular saw on decking. 

Angle-grinding brick 20 years later?

A no I guess

I've used an angle grinder for the first time last year. Wasn't too bad but definitely needed eye protection and respirator.  And lots of spare blades

2 minutes ago, Bricks & Mortar said:

So many people here saying wear a mask.  In case you're sick of that sort of thing... outside, on a breezy day, with you on the upwind side.  Bonus if your neighbours freshly laundered masks are hanging somewhere downwind.

My pants will be aired outside. It's not Christmas yet, when I put them through my over expensive Korean washing machine, just for those people who get a woody from thinking about kitchen appliances.

6 minutes ago, Bricks & Mortar said:

So many people here saying wear a mask.  In case you're sick of that sort of thing... outside, on a breezy day, with you on the upwind side.  Bonus if your neighbours freshly laundered masks are hanging somewhere downwind.

Working on own place I take advantage of picking the job for the day, a nice windy one like you say is perfect for grinding/stone cutting.

OP - just one brick or lots? An angle grinder will do fine, use a thin cutting disk and make sure you use eye protection. Grinders often come with a side handle - very useful to hold it steady if you're not used to it. The other option is a hammer and a bolster chisel.

I must have had a sheltered life, didn't realise how many ladies were having to use angle grinders to remove chastity devices! As a public service, I can pick locks and have portable (battery) angle grinder. PM if you need a hand.

9 minutes ago, Andersen said:

OP - just one brick or lots? An angle grinder will do fine, use a thin cutting disk and make sure you use eye protection. Grinders often come with a side handle - very useful to hold it steady if you're not used to it. The other option is a hammer and a bolster chisel.

I must have had a sheltered life, didn't realise how many ladies were having to use angle grinders to remove chastity devices! As a public service, I can pick locks and have portable (battery) angle grinder. PM if you need a hand.

Take a fire extinguisher too in case 1970's hair styles are back in vogue.

These women think they're being sexy and playing with danger.

The reality is iron filings will enter their eyes and rust leading to a horrible disfigurement.   You cannot easily get them removed and weeping red eyes beckon for the rest of their retarded lives.