• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
JoeDavola

Oculus Rift Down to £399

Recommended Posts

Complete with motion controller - think this pack would have cost about £700 all in recently?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B073X8N1YW?ref_=pfb_dmlj67l7nd1fh1jij0l433a1bm7f&tag=hydfbook-21&ascsubtag=pfb-P01-V01-O5-T1-HI-QOC1YI

Anyone used one of these? I'm tempted but I really shouldn't. I'd like to play some of my 90's classics, Quake, Duke Nukem 3d, Half Life in VR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tempted. Maybe when it's getting cold out, I'm making the best of a reasonable summer thus far and it's just another excuse for me (and son) to sit on our arses.

Would be nice if it properly worked with Xbox one games (just streaming at the moment I think no motion detection)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Virtual Reality, Pin!

 

18 minutes ago, Thombleached said:

Tempted. Maybe when it's getting cold out, I'm making the best of a reasonable summer thus far and it's just another excuse for me (and son) to sit on our arses.

Would be nice if it properly worked with Xbox one games (just streaming at the moment I think no motion detection)

Fuck I never even thought of that. Buy it now in preparation for the harsh Belfast winter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still rocking on 1440x900p VGA.

I could upgrade to 1080p or a 4K monitor, but I think it'll be wasted on me. I doubt I would even buy a Virtual reality headset to get lost in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

 

Anyone used one of these? I'm tempted but I really shouldn't. I'd like to play some of my 90's classics, Quake, Duke Nukem 3d, Half Life in VR.

Not sure, but what is the support for those titles - does the motion control require specially written native apps?

Would try before you buy, tried it once with a very impressive driving simulator, but pretty disorientating and I would be wary personally of using one for any period of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 201p said:

I'm still rocking on 1440x900p VGA.

I could upgrade to 1080p or a 4K monitor, but I think it'll be wasted on me. I doubt I would even buy a Virtual reality headset to get lost in.

I'm the same. was looking at 4k monitors today but they're all flawed in one way or another. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, MrPin said:

So for £399 you can have the 21st century version of Mr Renting's uncle's patented portable pornograph?

No -- because that worked out-of-the-box, whereas Rift requires you to also spunk spend an additional £1000 on a computer powerful enough to run the thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dgul said:

No -- because that worked out-of-the-box, whereas Rift requires you to also spunk spend an additional £1000 on a computer powerful enough to run the thing.

I see the wisdom of meths powered steam engines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MrPin said:

It it a "must have" item, as I am not sure what it is?

I feel pretty much the same MrPin. No idea what it is! I've never played computer games apart from a handful of goes at sonic the hedgehog about 20 years ago. Didn't appeal to me and I've never tried any other games.

Real everyday life can often feel like I'm in a parallel universe from my perspective!

My son plays computer games sometimes and hooks up with other players. At times I feel :o when I hear him shouting things like "I've taken that twat out". I also hear laughing and excitement. I assume he's killed someone in virtual reality!

Everyone to their own choice though. I can maybe understand the appeal of virtual reality type devices to escape the monotony and repetitiveness of everyday life. My choice though is to get out walking in nature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

Complete with motion controller - think this pack would have cost about £700 all in recently?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B073X8N1YW?ref_=pfb_dmlj67l7nd1fh1jij0l433a1bm7f&tag=hydfbook-21&ascsubtag=pfb-P01-V01-O5-T1-HI-QOC1YI

Anyone used one of these? I'm tempted but I really shouldn't. I'd like to play some of my 90's classics, Quake, Duke Nukem 3d, Half Life in VR.

I'm on my third. Origanal DK1, Dk2 and the rift.

Asseto corsa with the rift is worth the money on it's own, the rest is just gravy! :D

Rift0817.thumb.jpg.418dc92a61349838b704049d886a0665.jpg

Having said all that doom type games just make you feel sick and are unplayable.

 

Edited by XswampyX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a Sunday morning, with classic August Belfast weather, i.e. torrential rain. Sat in my little flat my myself. Kinda wish I had a VR headset now...

 

...so I could have a monumental, earth-shattering wank of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Have a wank whenever it takes your fancy Joe.

Nowt wrong with that.

Unless it's in Debenham's window...

;)

 

XYY

 

Ah, the Obscured Window Dresser. One of my favourite films I never got the money to make

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Fossildog said:

 

Check under his bed for a 'Passion Dolly'

xD

He has no need for a blow up doll as he has a good score rate with real females. Many Sat/Sun mornings a female is seen out by him. Mind he can't or doesn't want to keep them as there's only been one that I saw more than once. She used to come round for mid week visits. I think he picks the girls up on line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

xD

He has no need for a blow up doll as he has a good score rate with real females. Many Sat/Sun mornings a female is seen out by him. Mind he can't or doesn't want to keep them as there's only been one that I saw more than once. She used to come round for mid week visits. I think he picks the girls up on line.

I hope you add the extra person/ night to his board.  xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

It's a Sunday morning, with classic August Belfast weather, i.e. torrential rain. Sat in my little flat my myself. Kinda wish I had a VR headset now...

 

...so I could have a monumental, earth-shattering wank of course.

Glad somewhere else is getting rain. Sorry JD!

I'm beginning to think all the uk storm clouds are congregating in Dumfries & Galloway. I can't remember the last time it didn't rain either showers or for the whole day. Definitely over two weeks ago.

Never mind at some point it'll change and we'll get a nice dry spell. Soon I hope 🤞.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.