DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

I was referred to some fact checking website a few months ago that told me the usual blarney. I clicked on the 'About us' and the name Pierre Omidyar appeared. I'd never heard of him, but he seems to have started ebay.

When I started delving,  all the fact checking orgs I came across seemed to be funded by the same people and the same types of people. It seems to me that they are about as independent as a ninety-five year old with a missing leg and a rescinded driving licence.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/business/aly-nielsen/2017/07/06/fact-checkers-get-13-million-liberal-billionaires-soro

Are there any with any credibility?

Edited by Nippy

Weren’t these sorts of sites set up by the left in the wake of Brexit and Trump etc to try to discredit them?

I would assume there was almost an automatic bias..  though more likely bias by omission / misdirection rather than anything false.

I thought the usual DOSBOD mantra was DYOR ?

Most of the 'fact checking' sites are left leaning.  Even wikepedia is now wokepedia and has been criticised by the founders who are no longer involved.

Why do you think in a revolution the targets are always radio station/arms caches?  because one controls the minds, the other controls the bodies.  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, wherebee said:

Even wikepedia is now wokepedia

Tell me about it.  I was reading the WP page on Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The reason why it is twice as common in women was given as their increased exposure  to poverty, discrimination, and abuse. Of course, there is a reference for the statement: probably to a fact checking website.

Edited by Nippy
4 hours ago, maynardgravy said:

It's quite simple.  Enter your search text into your preferred search engine, then when the results appear go straight to page 16. Then you may find something resembling the truth. 

Or see what CNN or the BBC or guardian has to say about it.

Then infer that the truth is roughly diametrically opposite of what they have to say.

Google news brazenly has a section named "fact check" at the right hand side of the page. The so-called fact-checkers have usually got something bad to say about Trump. One of them polygraph.info seems to be openly partisan and only ever shows Russia in a bad light.