• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  

2 hours ago, Libspero said:

Beautifully..  they don't realise the irony yet that it was they who requested the re-zoning in the first place and now they are reaping the benefits.

Surely you have not missed any opportunities to point it out to them, at considerable length, while pretending to be enormously upset about it?

If you didn't buy the field, it could be sold for housing. There may be a need for housing, and you don't own your pleasant view.O.o

At the bottom of my garden, there is a river, and then trees which hide the council building. It will still look the same for a long time.

Agree with fossildog. Also who owns the land? They've probably been touting it for years so it's just a coincidence more than anything. It takes years to get permission. 

1 hour ago, Fossildog said:

The destruction of countryside to feed cancerous population growth fueled largely by lax immigration policy is not really something I would be celebrating.  

I absolutely 100% agree..  I probably feel as strongly about it as you.

The answer isn't not building houses though..  the answer is managing migration/population properly,  something all successive governments have proved entirely incapable of.

28 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

Agree with fossildog. Also who owns the land? They've probably been touting it for years so it's just a coincidence more than anything. It takes years to get permission. 

I was surprised,  most of the land proposed around Warrington is already owned by developers so no big surprise..  it has been on the cards for years. The fields in front of us are owned privately by the local farmer..   more of a surprise and I expect he's making a pretty penny from it.   They are building 600 houses near us, so I presume just the scale of the expansion necessitated additional bit of extra land over and above that originally set aside for development.

5 minutes ago, Libspero said:

The answer isn't not building houses though..  the answer is managing migration/population properly,  something all successive governments have proved entirely incapable of.

Governments fail to serve the will of the electorate.

Illegal migration won't go away just because it's illegal.

34 minutes ago, Libspero said:

I feel strongly about this as in a similar situation with my house in the UK. Small village, less than 100 houses and there are plans to build almost 1,600 houses bordering the village. This will subsume the village into Darlington and will cause lots of local issues with transport and already stretched local services. The plans just seem like vandalism of the worst kind.

31 minutes ago, Fossildog said:

I feel strongly about this as in a similar situation with my house in the UK. Small village, less than 100 houses and there are plans to build almost 1,600 houses bordering the village. This will subsume the village into Darlington and will cause lots of local issues with transport and already stretched local services. The plans just seem like vandalism of the worst kind.

It's happening everywhere, every city, town and village. They have no plans to stop immigration. None at all. 

46 minutes ago, Fossildog said:

Sounds similar.  The only reason they are building our side of Warrington is because the M6 /M62 is already impossible to commute now simply because of the traffic jams.  Our side with the M56/M6 is marginally better..  so presumeable they hope to make it just as bad as the North. There are no plans to improve the motorway infrastructure that I'm aware of other than to put speed cameras up the M6.  Great. 

Edited by Libspero

1 hour ago, One percent said:

It's happening everywhere, every city, town and village. They have no plans to stop immigration. None at all. 

They have no plans to raise interest rates either, which is the other factor that will slow/stop this urbanisation.

You mention the M62 - funnily enough the only thing that seems to hinder developers nowadays is man-made structures like railways or roads getting in the way. I'm strangely thankful I have a London-Dover railway near my house, they will never be able to build this side of it.

1 hour ago, spunko2010 said:

You mention the M62 - funnily enough the only thing that seems to hinder developers nowadays is man-made structures like railways or roads getting in the way. I'm strangely thankful I have a London-Dover railway near my house, they will never be able to build this side of it.

I thought that about our house on the other side, we have fields behind as well,  but you can see the tops of the Eddie Stobarts go past and there is some road noise from the M56.  That doesn't seem to have stopped them developing that area a bit further up from us..  I hate to imagine what the motorway noise will be like there.

5 minutes ago, Libspero said:

I thought that about our house on the other side, we have fields behind as well,  but you can see the tops of the Eddie Stobarts go past and there is some road noise from the M56.  That doesn't seem to have stopped them developing that area a bit further up from us..  I hate to imagine what the motorway noise will be like there.

That's a fantastic selling point for, er, certain types.

8 minutes ago, MrPin said:

That's a fantastic selling point for, er, certain types.

They'd have a field day!  There's an entire distribution centre just around the corner from us,  the place is swarming with them :)

7 minutes ago, Libspero said:

They'd have a field day!  There's an entire distribution centre just around the corner from us,  the place is swarming with them :)

The Channel 5 documentaries I found strangely exciting :ph34r:

13 minutes ago, Libspero said:

I can imagine that's why you wanted to live there, but didn't tell your wife your DARK SECRET.O.o

16 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I can imagine that's why you wanted to live there, but didn't tell your wife your DARK SECRET.O.o

If we ever come to sell I'll make sure there's artistically shot pictures of Eddies strategically placed between the twigs In vases..   might be a huge untapped market in Stobart lovers just lining up to pay a fat wad of cash for a location like this :D

I have a anecdotal myself today. Apparently my catchment secondary school has just become the best school in Sheffield. It's situated in the area that all the posh areas look down on. We didn't even have to buy a expensive house to live near it, as it's in the middle of the council estates where I live. Seems the academy thing can work occasionally as it was in special measures a few years ago.

Although they did build a new school which is now the new catchment for the mostly Muslim areas, removing them from our catchment school. Make of that what you will.