DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Stabby Vikings invading Kent.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8533133/Viking-enactor-nearly-kills-partner-stabs-sword-practising-moves.html

A woman was nearly killed by an apparent Viking re-enactor after he stabbed her with a sword while practising his moves outside a caravan.

An unnamed woman sustained a life-threatening injury after a Viking re-enactor sliced her with a sword 'on her neck'.

The part-time Viking is thought to have been practising his moves outside his caravan when he stabbed her at the grounds of the Woolpack Inn in Benover, near Maidstone, Kent.

xDo.O

31 minutes ago, onlyme said:

I've sat through well over an hour of a play about Helga, the moves were about the only thing I understood as it was all in Danish, think I would have understood more in double dutch.

It's just product placement. Did you feel the "need" to purchase bacon and lager?

3 minutes ago, MrPin said:

It's just product placement. Did you feel the "need" to purchase bacon and lager?

I think I took sarnies to save the pennies, worst reaming was around 8 quid for 500ml, best pig based dietary supplement Warpigs in the old fish market.  

Ah crumbs it's just down the road. :CryBaby: The pub has a few holiday caravans out the back, nothing pikey here... but why do both the locals refuse to give their names? Maybe they are of the esteemed travelling variety. Now that the Sargeant, the former resident pikey spotter is no more, we will probably never know :CryBaby:

Edited by spunko
1 hour ago, spunko said:

Ah crumbs it's just down the road. :CryBaby: The pub has a few holiday caravans out the back, nothing pikey here... but why do both the locals refuse to give their names? Maybe they are of the esteemed travelling variety. Now that the Sargeant, the former resident pikey spotter is no more, we will probably never know :CryBaby:

I dont think Pikeys do historical reenactments.

13 hours ago, spunko said:

Give me a shout if you want to hire a new pikey spotter.

My spotting skills aren't restricted to just old cars...

XYY

2 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Give me a shout if you want to hire a new pikey spotter.

My spotting skills aren't restricted to just old cars...

XYY

Knew a guy back in the 90s who did re-enactments. Had a whole variety of hand made suits of armour and swords, cost a fortune. I went to one once. 

He got a bit more axe into his helmet than he was anticipating, carried on untill the end with blood leaking out of the helmet. 

He went over to the ambulance they had on standby and they stuck eight stitches in the side of his head. He then promptly went to the nearest boozer and  had eight pints, one for each stitch.

Very entertaining to watch by the people who do it properly. Also a mental bunch to go for a few beers with.

11 minutes ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

Knew a guy back in the 90s who did re-enactments. Had a whole variety of hand made suits of armour and swords, cost a fortune. I went to one once. 

He got a bit more axe into his helmet than he was anticipating, carried on untill the end with blood leaking out of the helmet. 

He went over to the ambulance they had on standby and they stuck eight stitches in the side of his head. He then promptly went to the nearest boozer and  had eight pints, one for each stitch.

Very entertaining to watch by the people who do it properly. Also a mental bunch to go for a few beers with.

Ah but he still live with his mam?

Or a really fat woman.