• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spygirl

Booo Ben Gatlin

Im getting into this sport thing.

I did think the London Olympic claim to get people more engaged with sport was a load of crap.

I am formally removing my doubt.

After last nights race I stayed up and did loads of coke and smack.

1 minute ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I am going to lunch this afternoon with several Bolt fans - can someone provide me with some pertinent points on why it is not the end of the world that he has lost.

He has 9 of the fastest 100 meters every run 

all the rest of the 25 were by proven drug cheats 

Bolt is either a super human speed machine or has a very good chemist imho 

31 minutes ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

Somebody on my Failbook feed is spittin' nails about "drug cheat" Gatlin and the "Purity of Sport". I haven't the heart to enlighten him.

+1.  I feel a bit sorry for Gatlin and the way he is treated as the fall guy.  He clearly loves the sport and has been plugging away for years.  I remember watching a documentary about Ben Johnson years ago.  He was asked if he felt any guilt for cheating, I can't remember exactly how he put it but basically he didn't it see it as cheating as everyone else was doing the same.

Times have been slow all year.  The testing regime has supposedly been stricter this year, coincidence?  I wonder who the fastest clean athlete of all time was, guess we'll never know.

2 hours ago, spygirl said:

Im getting into this sport thing.

I did think the London Olympic claim to get people more engaged with sport was a load of crap.

I am formally removing my doubt.

After last nights race I stayed up and did loads of coke and smack.

I can understand the coke but why the smack

1 hour ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I am going to lunch this afternoon with several Bolt fans - can someone provide me with some pertinent points on why it is not the end of the world that he has lost.

Jamaica has very lax testing during the closed season. Why lots of folk go there to train. Allegedly. 

I would just ask them why they haven't brought this up until now. If they were so bothered whether he won or not should mean nothing. 

50 minutes ago, Talking Monkey said:

I can understand the coke but why the smack

Coke for running.

Smack for slowing down....

20 minutes ago, ccc said:

Jamaica has very lax testing during the closed season. Why lots of folk go there to train. Allegedly. 

I would just ask them why they haven't brought this up until now. If they were so bothered whether he won or not should mean nothing. 

Bit like going to Kenya to train at altitude.

Go to Jamaica for chemboost training.

17 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

Who the fuck is Ben Gatlin?

Id never heard of him, athrlivs is shit boring - and i say that as a NewU supporter.

Apparently he beat Bolt.

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

If you're a man you don't need drugs to give yourself an advantage? Just compete as a woman.

59776b2d63199.jpeg?width=1400

I see an uncanny resemblance to "Li Shang" in Mulan.  xD

I was absolutely cock-a-hoop when Gatlin won. I'm delighted that all the arseholes in the stadium booing him had their evening spoiled.

I'm having to add all the So-Called BBC presenters to my shit list now as well, going on about his 'two lengthy drug bans'. The first one was a year for taking Ritalin, FFS.

It really sticks in my craw. IMO Gatlin is an inspirational example of what you can achieve through sheer hard work and application. Every year he works and trains hard and keeps plugging away, never giving up despite having to race against a man 5 years younger than him, born with a once-a-century genetic gift for sprinting. At the age of 35 he finally beat him fair and square. Instead of holding him up as an example to us all, they carp on about his actions more than 10 years ago.

At least Jessica Ennis wasn't there in the studio. Her behaviour when Sheffield United were looking to re-sign Ched Evans was appalling, and AFAIK she's never apologized. Dreadful human being.

Agreed. I used to like Ennis. Now I realise she is just another selfish cunt. Oh well. 

They were talking about Gatlin again this morning. Michael Johnson stated they need to stop sensationalising it and get on with the athletics. I hope they listen to him.

It's about time we just allowed any drugs or implants, would make it much more entertaining. Like watching the freak show that is super heavyweight fights. 

Seem to remember a bit in a red dwarf novel about how how they started allowing genetic mutants purely bred for sports. Goalkeepers with hands the width of the goal and such like. I'd pay good money to see a good freak show. It's what the public want (see x-factor got talent strictly on ice bullpap)

1 hour ago, Thombleached said:

It's about time we just allowed any drugs or implants, would make it much more entertaining. Like watching the freak show that is super heavyweight fights. 

Seem to remember a bit in a red dwarf novel about how how they started allowing genetic mutants purely bred for sports. Goalkeepers with hands the width of the goal and such like. I'd pay good money to see a good freak show. It's what the public want (see x-factor got talent strictly on ice bullpap)

In the 1970's there was a Judge Dredd story about the first Lunar Olympics where sprinters had bionic thighs and one competitor had 2 years of surgery to streamline his skull.  Bio-scans were used so that no competitors had more than 20 percent bionic implants.

1 hour ago, Rave said:

I was absolutely cock-a-hoop when Gatlin won. I'm delighted that all the arseholes in the stadium booing him had their evening spoiled.

I'm having to add all the So-Called BBC presenters to my shit list now as well, going on about his 'two lengthy drug bans'. The first one was a year for taking Ritalin, FFS.

It really sticks in my craw. IMO Gatlin is an inspirational example of what you can achieve through sheer hard work and application. Every year he works and trains hard and keeps plugging away, never giving up despite having to race against a man 5 years younger than him, born with a once-a-century genetic gift for sprinting. At the age of 35 he finally beat him fair and square. Instead of holding him up as an example to us all, they carp on about his actions more than 10 years ago.

At least Jessica Ennis wasn't there in the studio. Her behaviour when Sheffield United were looking to re-sign Ched Evans was appalling, and AFAIK she's never apologized. Dreadful human being.

I don't care about his training and effort. He's tainted himself and he's tainted his sport (like watching Contador in the Tour de France). I wanted him to lose (same as I did when Dwain Chambers came back) and didn't overly care if Bolt won or not.

You have to have suspicions about Bolt. 

If you just want hard work and effort, is it ok to get steroided up, train your ass off to build the muscle up and then compete after being off them for a few months?

22 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

Alan Wells?

Calvin Smith 

5 foot 10 inches and weighed only 159 Ibs so entirely normal in size and weight. A beautiful floating sprint action as well. Also a stand out athletic star from when he was a kid so no  'surprising' spikes in performance later in his career.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calvin_Smith

Never failed a drug test in his entire career and the only clean man in the dirtiest race in history the 1988 Seoul Olympics 100 m.

Consistently denied  medals that were rightfully his by cheats.