DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Within the next twenty years I predict....

...that the following will happen:

Sites like this, at least in their current form, will become illegal. In order to get a forum operators license it will be necessary to demonstrate that only approved forms of speech are allowed. ML driven companies offering auto-censorship services will spring up but they will cost too much for non-commercial sites to be viable.

Shamima Begum, Jack Letts and some others will, having returned to the west and maybe served short prison sentences, continue their Islamist ways and be responsible for a material number of deaths in the UK and/or Canada.

Scotland will leave the union.

The Euro will fragment with countries either returning to their own currencies or, possibly, joining separate Southern and Northern Euros.

Anyone got any more?

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My people will arrive to take me home.

There will be a big push agains meat diets, especially bacon.  It will be the new 'racism' thing pushed by the BBC etc.

...that the following will happen: Sites like this, at least in their current form, will become illegal. In order to get a forum operators license it will be necessary to demonstrate that only ap

A second internet. Although it will be ruthlessly hounded down. Made of basic tranmsission components that can be rigged to hijack other transmissions from formal providers. The nature of the content will be free ware and grow in a totally unregulated way. For better or worse. Back to the beginning while the old internet just progresses as it has been doing. Control.

Complete monetisation of all assets and services..to even food maybe. A consequence..accommodation remains the same price..some inflation maybe..but just gets a shit load smaller. The workers are then tied down to work for life for existence and total control... in exchange for a promise of a safe retirement at 70. Anger and resentment from the workers means appeasement from the government, leading to an equivalent of past workhouses return for those on benefits. No way out unless you enter illegal trading or are born or married to existing money.

A further push on making cash seem as evil. Electronic is pure and good.

Someone suggests taxing on omissions. Meaning your electronic payments/income/ expenses are viewed. If this does not tally in anyway it will be seen as tax evasion or using money to buy and sell to avoid the system. Those already monetised will clap merrily to support such actions against their thieving brothers and sisters.

Politicians, rather MPs increasingly become familial jobs, taken over by their offsprings.

Voter apathy reaches new lows.

37 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

...that the following will happen:

Sites like this, at least in their current form, will become illegal. In order to get a forum operators license it will be necessary to demonstrate that only approved forms of speech are allowed. ML driven companies offering auto-censorship services will spring up but they will cost too much for non-commercial sites to be viable.

I'm already getting a bit twitchy about posting on here as I can see my tailored adverts have taken a distinctly Dosboddian direction which means that "they" are reading all the cobblers I post and reflecting it back to me via the medium of consumerism.

These days will be like the Wild West to future internet users when the concept of anonymity becomes completely erased.

13 minutes ago, maynardgravy said:

Middle aged men will be listening to rap. No one will remember what a trumpet or even a scale is.

Or a middle 8, or a key change, or a solo, or a bridge, or a chorus.

10 minutes ago, stop_the_craziness said:

I'm already getting a bit twitchy about posting on here as I can see my tailored adverts have taken a distinctly Dosboddian direction which means that "they" are reading all the cobblers I post and reflecting it back to me via the medium of consumerism.

These days will be like the Wild West to future internet users when the concept of anonymity becomes completely erased.

Ghostery.

Productive jobs become the exception, most of society is funded by welfare (unemployed, 16 hours, or "fake" jobs) so increased tax on workers to pay for welfare bill makes it uneconomic to take many jobs. Zero hours contracts leave many workers with income below minimum wage.
Increasing number of civil disobedience events leading to full blown civil war.
Police & military concentrate on protecting establishment buildings and military property. Affluent areas become gated communities and employ private security (Darras Hall @Newcastle?)
Survival of the fittest on the streets so the weak, elderly, couch-potatoes become housebound by default.

Above applies to UK but same in Western Europe, EU will dissolve, global financial crash & reset. 

Game over - play again ?

24 minutes ago, Lightly Toasted said:

Tiny surveillance drones will infest the world.

We’ll be well into being a full surveillance society for sure. I’m more inclined to a vast proliferation of ultra HD video cameras hooked up via 5G with pervasive facial/gait recognition as the mechanism but drones would work too.

2 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

We’ll be well into being a full surveillance society for sure. I’m more inclined to a vast proliferation of ultra HD video cameras hooked up via 5G with pervasive facial/gait recognition as the mechanism but drones would work too.

Nahh we will all rifd chips in our state provided muzzles :D 

2 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

Drones can go into buildings, if small enough (insect-sized or smaller) they will be absolutely pervasive. Audio + video. It will be sold as a way of stopping terrorism.

38 minutes ago, Lightly Toasted said:

Tiny surveillance drones will infest the world.

They could do targetted assassinations directly, too, far more cheaply and selectively than hellfire up Soleimani's entourage. Couple of grammes of PE, or a charged capacitor would do it.

Edited by Nippy
16 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

Oddly, the facemask revolution will stop a lot of the surveillance state methods.  You want to run a revolution?  Print hundreds of masks with the same face on, hand out liberally.

1 hour ago, stop_the_craziness said:

Why not just use AdBlock??