DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cycling down A roads with no cars on them - truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

I genuinely miss the streets being much quieter - the city centre is back to being packed with fat screeching Karen’s and more drunk/drugged up chavs than ever. 

Not having a full English on a Monday morning and then saying "fuck it" and having a beer at 09:00.

2 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

I genuinely miss the streets being much quieter - the city centre is back to being packed with fat screeching Karen’s and more drunk/drugged up chavs than ever. 

I see you are still working for the NI Tourist Board.:o

Going out with my son every lunchtime to kick a ball about.

I had a whale of a time. Now that the lockdown is over, my OH just doesn't get it - e.g. today I was working from home, but she'd booked a doctor's appointment at half twelve (nothing serious, just paperwork) which meant that I couldn't go out at lunch with junior. As I said, she just doesn't get it.

Nothing. Lockdown has been life changing for me though like most folk.

I’ve adapted now.

I did go in various shops before lockdown in town and other towns for a browse, mainly charity shops, and enjoyed a lot of coffees at independent coffee shops with outdoor seating, bought an occasional fish & chips. I’m only buying essentials a couple of times a week now.

Got over selling my camper van just over a week ago because I know my carefree 7 years were the best times I could have had they are gone in current circumstances.

Bought a bike and enjoying that. No road tax, insurance, servicing, repairs. All good!

I‘m getting very close to cancelling my tv license now. Last decent drama I watched was Scrooge at Xmas although I did enjoy the recent new Alan Bennett Talking Heads series.

I’ve swithered for a few years but determined to deprive the government of as much tax, vat that I possibly can now due to their utter incompetence, in my opinion. I know it makes sense. There’s plenty other stuff and lots of older stuff to watch on the internet for free or a cheaper monthly price.

I’m sure lots of people are changing their lifestyle due to reappraisal during lockdown. I’ve never been a spendthrift but a few I know who are have realised they don’t need to spend to have a nice time.

3 hours ago, Van Lady said:

I’m sure lots of people are changing their lifestyle due to reappraisal during lockdown. I’ve never been a spendthrift but a few I know who are have realised they don’t need to spend to have a nice time.

This is the main unintended consequence of the ridiculous lockdown. Bozza et Al can exhort the masses to get out and spend all they like. Not going to happen. People have realised they don't need to spend to have a good time, or be happy.