DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Do you know anyone who has gone under ?

I'am intersted to hear tales of folk who have gone under financially up until now, especially "bigshot" types with £400k homes and a  BTL / £40k range rover etc 

Maybe newly unemployed pilots & senior cabin crew who now multi-drop for Herpes @ 50p a parcel etc 

The coastguard and police helicopters are up virtually every night where i live, circling over a notorious suicide bridge, deffo been an uptick of people going off it in the last few weeks 

Edited by WorkingPoor
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Phony war at the moment. Mortgage holidays, car finance repayment holidays (just extended). No evictions. Can bailiffs operate at the moment? Just say you're high risk and if the enter the house

Do you enjoy the misery of others...? Can't see any other purpose to this thread myself, but maybe I'm judging you too harshly...   XYY

I'm in two minds on this.  On the one hand, it's not good for the soul to as you say revel in the misery of others.  On the other hand, we all know the cunts who have been living the debt fuelled life

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

I'am intersted to hear tales of folk who have gone under financially up untill now, especially "bigshot" types with £400k homes and a  BTL / £40k range rover etc 

Maybe newly unemployed pilots & senior cabin crew who now multi-drop for Herpes @ 50p a parcel etc 

Most will still be on furlough

It`s different here but in the US it`s reckoned their equivalent scheme is paying most on it 20% more than they would be getting if they were working 

I now know why Trump was confident the 4th quarter would be good 

Posted (edited)

This guy been all over the news complaining about others doing alright out of it all whilst he didnt get alot due to being self employed and working the dividend blag 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53346419

Says he is mentally close to the edge:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8505345/Self-employed-curtain-fitter-ineligible-government-support-says-hes-mentally-close-edge.html

You are right re most still on furlough, but the mental toll most be mounting massively, when people like this realise the game is up they can turn very nasty and violent and lash out.

Need to be mindful of these people, if they enter your workplace as desperate agency workers, i have a few at my place of work. They seem to have some sort of 12 week guaranteed deal with their agency, lots of new hot german metal in the carpark.

Edited by WorkingPoor
2 hours ago, WorkingPoor said:

I'am intersted to hear tales of folk who have gone under financially up until now, especially "bigshot" types with £400k homes and a  BTL / £40k range rover etc 

Maybe newly unemployed pilots & senior cabin crew who now multi-drop for Herpes @ 50p a parcel etc 

The coastguard and police helicopters are up virtually every night where i live, circling over a notorious suicide bridge, deffo been an uptick of people going off it in the last few weeks 

Do you enjoy the misery of others...?

Can't see any other purpose to this thread myself, but maybe I'm judging you too harshly...

XYY

8 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

Can't see any other purpose to this thread myself, but maybe I'm judging you too harshly...

XYY

It's one of those reality checks against what you keep hearing as "truth" within the media.

A friend was getting paranoid about CV19 because of the huge media hype of it and I managed to calm her down a bit by asking her if she knew anyone who had died of it, or if any she knew knew anyone who had died from it.  The answer was no.

I then repeated the question for anyone who had actually tested positive for it and the answer was no again.

That made her see that for all the media screaming about it the reality was somewhat different.

3 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

That made her see that for all the media screaming about it the reality was somewhat different.

Yup, there are no bodies in the street. I think perfectly otherwise reasonable people have been panicked. And panicked people act strangely. I posted my friend's Email verbatim. Now that's a bloke who spent two weeks in a hospital in Pakistan with dysentery, and laughed it off. Now he's feeding his daugther on paper plates and wearing masks

7 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

It's one of those reality checks against what you keep hearing as "truth" within the media.

A friend was getting paranoid about CV19 because of the huge media hype of it and I managed to calm her down a bit by asking her if she knew anyone who had died of it, or if any she knew knew anyone who had died from it.  The answer was no.

I then repeated the question for anyone who had actually tested positive for it and the answer was no again.

Got a message this morning, old mate of mine died of a stroke, month after Cheltenham Festival and living in the area as far as I am aware. 

Coincidence, maybe, maybe not, especially not knowing what is known now compared to then about the blood disorder aspects.   

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, onlyme said:

Got a message this morning, old mate of mine died of a stroke, month after Cheltenham Festival and living in the area as far as I am aware. 

Coincidence, maybe, maybe not, especially not knowing what is known now compared to then about the blood disorder aspects.   

Had he recently started wearing a facemask? there are some reports of facemask wearing bringing on people having seziures 

Edited by WorkingPoor
9 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

XYY

I'm in two minds on this.  On the one hand, it's not good for the soul to as you say revel in the misery of others.  On the other hand, we all know the cunts who have been living the debt fuelled lifestyle with no thought about the future, pushing up the prices of essentials for everyone else and undermining many social and environmental areas as a result, and it will be hard not to see a bit of reality smashing them as 'right'/

8 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

Had he recently started wearing a facemask? there are some reports of facemask wearing bringing on people having seziures 

Don't know and very much doubt it, all I know is there was a spike in deaths and his is bang in the middle of that spike IIRC, coincidence, maybe, but I think not.   

1 minute ago, eight said:

I find it hard to believe that all the unmasked that I saw yesterday will magically become masked by tomorrow.

Mask mania will last a few weeks.

People will wake up, like from a hangover, and realise they have been hit on the head by the silly stick. The government will have to do some back pedalling, er, fast, or the humour industry will lampoon them relentlessly. If there are comedians left.

Edited by MrPin
12 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

Everyone is forgetting that furlough is capped at £2,500

If you have a £3,500 basic spend (not unusual in the SE) then you are already drowning.

There will be a lot of people in this boat, but they won't get any sympathy so the msm won't cover it.

Agree. I'm still in work, but no way could we manage on £2.5k a month. 80% of that would be eaten straight away with rent. Add £200 council tax and another £200 on water, electricity, gas and broadband, and £100 to run the car, we'd be eating our savings.

Edited by AWW
3 hours ago, onlyme said:

Bad to worse today, friend of wife's since 12 having vent switched off today. Doesn't sound China Flu related, but organ failure who knows,  going to stay away from ladders and pointy objects.

https://www.theactuary.com/2020/07/23/excess-deaths-fall-below-2019-levels-fourth-successive-week

There have been fewer deaths in England and Wales than would normally be expected this year for the fourth week in a row, analysis by the Continuous Mortality Investigation (CMI) has found.

Based on data from the Office for National Statistics (ONS), the CMI's latest mortality update shows that there were 7% fewer deaths registered between July 4 and July 10 (week 28) than during the same period last year.

Mortality was 0.5% lower in week 27, and 7% lower in week 26 than in the corresponding weeks of 2019, reversing the steep rise in excess deaths recorded at the height of the coronavirus pandemic.

This comes after health secretary Matt Hancock recently ordered Public Health England (PHE) to urgently review the way that daily death statistics are reported in the country.

“The current method counts all people who have tested positive for coronavirus at any time and since died of any cause, so is likely to have overstated deaths from COVID-19 in recent weeks,” said Cobus Daneel, chair of the CMI Mortality Projections Committee.

“Excess mortality is a preferable measure as it is not affected by how deaths are classified. For the fourth week running, we see fewer deaths than we might expect at this time of year.”

Owned by the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries, the CMI has been publishing analysis of the UK's mortality rate during the coronavirus crisis through its mortality monitor.

The latest update suggests that the total of number of excess deaths in the UK since the start of the pandemic is around 61,800, down from a previous estimate of 63,500.

“Our calculations rely on data for registered deaths, and we are conscious that in recent weeks deaths may have been registered earlier or later than in previous years,” the CMI said.

“Consequently, comparisons of mortality between 2020 and earlier years may not be on a like-for-like basis." 

The CMI's next mortality updates is expected on August 4 for week 30.