DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

HK to the rescue!

jamtomorrow

jamtomorrow

Say what you like about the "generous" offer to wealthy HKers fleeing the CCP (including: "definitely not 100% a desperate attempt to shore up property prices"), the pointy shoe and shiny suit sectors will be putting up statues to Raab this time next year: 

Interesting. Yes, I'm not sure we should be accepting these people. They will become conspicuous, and become the next target of racism. Especially if they buy up all the nice property, to the detriment of locals.

They might just have missed the boat, as London as an investment.

30 minutes ago, jamtomorrow said:

Say what you like about the "generous" offer to wealthy HKers fleeing the CCP (including: "definitely not 100% a desperate attempt to shore up property prices"), the pointy shoe and shiny suit sectors will be putting up statues to Raab this time next year:

3 hours ago, MrPin said:

They will become conspicuous, and become the next target of racism

Yes, apparently black folk aren't that keen on Asians.

Just now, Loki said:

Yes, apparently black folk aren't that keen on Asians.

Who is?

reformed nice guy

The super wealthy HKers will already have property here.

The next tier will be shoring up London prices.

If we did get 1 million HKers, not all of them will be able to afford property. There will be plenty of street sweepers, kitchen workers etc. It will drive down wages.

It will be an upward push on house prices in some places but I doubt that it will counter the drop in house prices if 1 million British people are unemployed. Job losses will prevent people getting credit. There will be a point where confidence in the market is lost.

17 minutes ago, reformed nice guy said:

The super wealthy HKers will already have property here.

The next tier will be shoring up London prices.

If we did get 1 million HKers, not all of them will be able to afford property. There will be plenty of street sweepers, kitchen workers etc. It will drive down wages.

It will be an upward push on house prices in some places but I doubt that it will counter the drop in house prices if 1 million British people are unemployed. Job losses will prevent people getting credit. There will be a point where confidence in the market is lost.

This news story has shown what we suspected: that many Brits still associate high house prices with wealth. Hong Kong has some of the highest property prices in the world - I believe the average rental is something like £40k a year, hence subletting is rife.

And yet most Hong Kong-ers are either struggling or are dirt poor, barely surviving due to extortionate asset prices.

Moving to the UK where house prices are slightly cheaper, the V.I.s expect the Hong Kong folk will all be splurging their cash but the reality is if you sublet a 1 bedroom cupboard in Hong Kong you're clearly working class and going to be competing with working class Brits (or EEs) here for a tiny proportion of an already small pie.

RickyBacker
3 hours ago, MrPin said:

Who is?

Me. My stunning wife is Taiwanese and I have a gorgeous mixed race daughter. On the property situation... The UK is cheap as chips compared to Taiwan.

The beauty of letting so many HKers come over is that a massive percentage of them are well educated professionals and fluent in English. Sure some will be competing with the rest of us for shit jobs but loads of them will be competing with the professional class and pushing down their wages. We can call the remainers racists when they kick off about it. 

PatronizingGit
On 23/07/2020 at 08:46, MrPin said:

Interesting. Yes, I'm not sure we should be accepting these people. They will become conspicuous, and become the next target of racism. Especially if they buy up all the nice property, to the detriment of locals.

They might just have missed the boat, as London as an investment.

Oh do F off. Literally the only victims of racism in this country are whites, most obviously the ones being gang raped by Mohammeds, but all of us to some degree. Losing our homeland is a form of it. 

If a white so much as looks cock eyed at the HK lot he'll be piled on by the race stasi and you know it. 

1 minute ago, PatronizingGit said:

Oh do F off. Literally the only victims of racism in this country are whites, most obviously the ones being gang raped by Mohammeds,

I speak from my own experience. Yours may be different, sore bottom.

On 23/07/2020 at 17:10, RickyBacker said:

Me. My stunning wife is Taiwanese and I have a gorgeous mixed race daughter. On the property situation... The UK is cheap as chips compared to Taiwan.

Your modesty is amazing.

Everyone has a gorgeous wife and beautiful children. Just ask them :ph34r:

RickyBacker
17 hours ago, Option5 said:

Your modesty is amazing.

Everyone has a gorgeous wife and beautiful children. Just ask them :ph34r:

Agree. True love is the absence of judgement.
So, to rephrase the answer to the question
"Who does like Asians?"
"Me, I have a Taiwanese wife and a daughter."

crashmonitor
On 23/07/2020 at 16:10, RickyBacker said:

Just checked on that. Yep a million dollars for a run of the mill Brutalist concrete atrocity of a flat in Taipei. The women are a lot more beautiful than the buildings obs.

Archived