DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Most MPs get quid pro quo libel/slander cover I believe but that's only for UK companies and individuals. Presumably she's just angry she can't sue an American company (Twitter) for libel without stumping up loads of cash. If she thinks it's so outrageous and dangerous she should just pay for a lawsuit, if her "family are at risk" (lol).

33 minutes ago, spunko said:

Most MPs get quid pro quo libel/slander cover I believe but that's only for UK companies and individuals. Presumably she's just angry she can't sue an American company (Twitter) for libel without stumping up loads of cash. If she thinks it's so outrageous and dangerous she should just pay for a lawsuit, if her "family are at risk" (lol).

NPs enjoy immunity from being sued for libel for what they say in the HoC, although misleading the house is supposedly punishable by having to stand on the naughty step.

It reminds me of something Milo used to say..  **paraphrase**

"They don't want you banned because you are controversial,  they want you banned because you are effective"

This is a perfect illustration.   The tweet is a bit controversial,  but I'm sure worse has been said about her.   It's also quite original and funny..  making it effective,  that's why she really wants it banned.

I can see Jess' point.

It's far too erudite to be something she's likely to say. It obviously requires a working knowledge of English Nobel Laureate Kipling whose writings are haram, as his Just So stories contradict the revelation of the koran. Therefore the satire would be lost on poor Shamima - the real butt of the joke.

I would love to know why she feels her staff are at risk. Lloyd Russell-Moyle cited similar weasel words when he suddenly, inexplicably, wimped off the front bench the other week.

Is she in fear of reprisals from muslims whose children were groomed by Shamima and her friends, and whose dismembered carcasses now lie abandoned in the sands of Syria?

After all, just like poor Shamima, they too will have no knowledge of Kipling, and no sense of humour.

1 hour ago, Nippy said:

Isn't it coming back on some obscure TV channel? Steve Nallon said it was a lot of effort making and operating the puppets, but it might be a bit easier 30 years on?

Here we go: https://www.jomec.co.uk/blog/the-return-of-spitting-image/

Brilliant! 

Although reading the article, I hope it isn't woke or left biased. Just the sort of thing they should be ripping into.

While not an avid watcher, it's why I have always liked the Family Guy episodes I have seen. No one is immune, which is how it should be.

5 hours ago, Nippy said:

I'm afraid it will be. How many comedians could you name who aren't woke but allowed on TV? And Luck and Flaw were saying that they're coming back for Trump.

That's understandable. After all, we have no quirky politicians at all worth satirising in the UK; at least that's what David Lammy would say, while definitely not threatening violence against anyone who thinks otherwise! 

18 hours ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

Brilliant! 

Although reading the article, I hope it isn't woke or left biased. Just the sort of thing they should be ripping into.

While not an avid watcher, it's why I have always liked the Family Guy episodes I have seen. No one is immune, which is how it should be.

Do you remember Headcases? ITV's previous attempt to resurrect Spitting Image without Fluck and Law's involvement? No I didn't think so. It was so horrendously unfunny it barely lasted one series. And that was in 2008. I don't want to even image how fucking awful this new show will be. Ripping Trump on all the usual bollocks: Orange, thick, wacist, NAZI  - All the while ignoring things that are ripe for ridicule: The far left, LGBTQPKFCBNQMFIC&A, hate speech, censorship, Muslims, BLM, Gretta, COVID-19.

The only place to get proper satire now is on the internet. And TPTB are doing everything they can to shut that down.

21 hours ago, unregistered_guest said:

I would love to know why she feels her staff are at risk. 

My guess is she has been threatened over the side she took in the Muslims v. sex education in schools rumpus.

Whilst I can't stand Ms. Phillips, I do have to concede that she had the decency to at least take a side in that.

I think it may have opened her eyes a bit.